9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Spybryon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bbismuth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I recently purchased a Mousin' Around and everything seemed to be working fine until I realized that the upper gate that blocks the orbit wasn't allowing for the full orbit shot during gameplay. I realized this when I was watching a PAPA video and saw that there, indeed, is an orbit from the left most shot. It seemed that the coil wasn't strong enough to magnetically pull the plate down, so I tested the coil with a multimeter while the machine was on. I'm a novice at this type of work and was soon met with a spark that I knew couldn't lead to anything good. The coil for the gate was stuck on. This could only mean that there was a bad transistor. Fast forward to having my board fixed by Hibler (an absolutely awesome guy). He replaced the transistor. I ordered a new coil, soldered it in and sure enough the damn transitor blew again, this time my pop bumpers stopped working and I keep blowing fuses on the power board. The new coil had a diode and the old one didn't. Could this have anything to do with it? What should I try next. I think I can replace my own transistor now, but what if it muss keeps blowing? Any ideas or insight is truly appreciated. This is my dream machine from my childhood, and I can't wait to play it to death.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bbismuth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mousin-around-i-keep-shorting-a-transistor?tu=Bbismuth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.