Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mousin (resized).JPG
Mousin 3 (resized).jpg
Mousin 2 (resized).JPG
Mousin (resized).JPG

#1 85 days ago

Purchased a Mousin around and was working 100%. Right GI went out and after some investigation, I found someone hacked GI connector. Normally, I would just replace connector and wire it properly, however as you can see in schematic pic there should be 4 yellow and 4 yellow/white wires...there are only 2 of each spliced into molex connector as seen in pictures. Can someone send me a pic of their interconnect board so I may see how it is wired.

Mousin (resized).JPGMousin 2 (resized).JPGMousin 3 (resized).jpg
#2 85 days ago

You can compare to the J6 in Earthshaker. They are exactly the same GI setup and board set.

#3 85 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You can compare to the J6 in Earthshaker. They are exactly the same GI setup and board set.

DUH! As im looking at them sitting right next to one another. Thanx PinballManiac40

#4 79 days ago

Ok so I removed interconnect board removed the hack job replaced pins and made new connector...I plugged it in and now have no GI lights.
Also I saw this hack job jumper wire as well. It goes from J9-4 to J7-9. Any idea why someone would have done that?
Any help is appreciated PinballManiac40 ?

Mousin (resized).JPG
2 months later
#5 5 days ago

Happy Turkey day to all!
I have all but lower left GI working now. I have continuity from all other GI bulbs that do work to the unlit string. I checked 4 fuses and reflowed all solder on GI relay. What am I missing? What would make only those 5-6 bulbs to not light up?
I appreciate any help I can get for this one.

#7 4 days ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Also I saw this hack job jumper wire as well. It goes from J9-4 to J7-9. Any idea why someone would have done that?

Seems someone is trying to bypass a broken trace on the board. You can use your ohmmeter to check against your Earthshaker interconnect to see if it even should be there.

#8 4 days ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

I have continuity from all other GI bulbs that do work to the unlit string. I checked 4 fuses and reflowed all solder on GI relay. What am I missing? What would make only those 5-6 bulbs to not light up?

Sure the remaining bulbs are good? Swap with known working ones.

#9 2 days ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Happy Turkey day to all!
I have all but lower left GI working now. I have continuity from all other GI bulbs that do work to the unlit string. I checked 4 fuses and reflowed all solder on GI relay. What am I missing? What would make only those 5-6 bulbs to not light up?
I appreciate any help I can get for this one.

So if the game is on and in attract mode, you have 5-6 bulbs that do not light up. You say you have continuity between working bulbs, and the non-working bulbs. Are these all on the same circuit? Are you reading 6.3vac on the meter? Are these all incandescent bulbs? Same bulb number? They should be #44 or #555 type lamp. Can you send a picture of the affected area?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside