(Topic ID: 148113)

Mousin Around cab restoration (amateur,first time)

By bronco-jon

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DakotaMike
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2907 (resized).JPG
DSCF2563_(resized).JPG
DSCF2565_(resized).JPG
DSCF2555_(resized).JPG
DSCF2552_(resized).JPG
DSCF2547_(resized).JPG
DSCF2510_(resized).JPG
DSCF2505_(resized).JPG
DSCF2502_(resized).JPG
DSCF2501_(resized).JPG
DSCF2499_(resized).JPG
MousinAround-Wheel-JR_(resized).png
DSCF2276_(resized).JPG
DSCF2278_(resized).JPG
DSCF2264_(resized).JPG
DSCF2270_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I bought my first pin 6 months ago and my 2nd one (Mousin Around) a couple months ago. I placed an ad in craigslist in "wanted" for purchase of non-working pinball machines, a lady called and said she had a MA sitting outside under a tarp and would like to see me come get it before it got ruined. I was able to get it for $100.00, Her husband got it out of a home he was hired to clean out for a reality company and they had no room in their house for it. It was missing the playfield lockdown bar and the back box glass, the bottom of cab had gotten wet too. Other than that, the machine is in really good shape considering where I rescued it from. I disassembled it to replace the cab bottom with new plywood, bought lockdown bar, backbox glass, new translite, flippers, complete rubber kit, balls, relocated battery holder and a few other little things I've lost track of, I cleaned it up and put everything back together to try out my new machine.
I was really surprised with how well it played and how much fun of a machine it was. I done a 90% LED upgrade sense then (kinda too bright I think) but looks really cool! ....I have now disassembled again to put new cab decals on it I was able to find. I have been told my new decals are crap but they weren't cheap so I am gonna go ahead and put then on anyway. Any tips would be appreciated as this is my first pin restoration.

DSCF2049_(resized).JPGDSCF2049_(resized).JPG

#2 8 years ago

Opps! Every since I downgraded to Windows 10, I seem to keep having problems with uploading pics. I'll try to re-upload again.

#3 8 years ago

DSCF2056_(resized).JPGDSCF2056_(resized).JPG

DSCF2048_(resized).JPGDSCF2048_(resized).JPG

DSCF2041_(resized).JPGDSCF2041_(resized).JPG

DSCF2040_(resized).JPGDSCF2040_(resized).JPG

DSCF2043_(resized).JPGDSCF2043_(resized).JPG

DSCF2042_(resized).JPGDSCF2042_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where did you find new cab decals?

From an Ebayer in Hungary

#8 8 years ago

DSCF2064_(resized).JPGDSCF2064_(resized).JPG

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looks good. Where do you get those again?

I typed "mousin around pinball" in the search bar on ebay. that's how I got them. The ebayer doesn't have any listed right now but I do know from reviewing his ebay feedback score that he has sold different game decal sets before.

#13 8 years ago

I'm not really getting into any big hurry on this but am making progress. right now I am gluing the veneer on the side cab that had started slightly lifting and doing some patch work on the front of the cab.

Does anyone know if reproduction manufacture labels are available? I blew the corner off the inside label with my air compressor (opps) and would like to replace the one on back of cabinet.

DSCF2065_(resized).JPGDSCF2065_(resized).JPG
DSCF2070_(resized).JPGDSCF2070_(resized).JPG
DSCF2072_(resized).JPGDSCF2072_(resized).JPG
DSCF2073_(resized).JPGDSCF2073_(resized).JPG

#14 8 years ago

Instead of using just filler to fill the holes in the front, I drove wood dowel pins in first. it had two different size holes.

DSCF2076_(resized).JPGDSCF2076_(resized).JPG

#15 8 years ago

It looks like something was mounted here at one time, is there something missing? As far as I know everything seemed to work just fine on it, other than the flippers all of a sudden being very weak the last time I played it (that's when I decided it was a good time to start the restore)

DSCF2079_(resized).JPGDSCF2079_(resized).JPG

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

Just checked my MA. Nothing has ever been mounted there on mine. Maybe it was a operator tag?

Thanks for checking, no telling what is was

#18 8 years ago

I want to completely restore the back of cabinet too but don't see how without damaging the manufacture label/sticker. Is there somebody who reproduces these? ......I started checking out you guys pin collections. Awesome! is all I got to say about that!

DSCF2081_(resized).JPGDSCF2081_(resized).JPG

#20 8 years ago

I don't know why I didn't think of that, but I did just try doing that and it didn't want to cooperate with me. I can tell I will damage it if I do that. Thanks for the reply. Someone pm'd me about someone who might be able to hook me up. Thanks Freddy

#21 8 years ago

FYI guys, I sent the ebayer I purchased the decals from a pm about the availability of his decals. he sent me a message back with a list of several different pin decals he claims to have, and said he relisted on Ebay....However, it's not the same user name and has zero transactions on Ebay. Please do not hold me responsible for any purchases you make with these new listed MA decals. I don't know why he would list them as a new Ebayer unless he contacted his "hook-up" and told him someone was asking about them. Just seems strange to me, just sayin. .......and from somewhere other than Hungary.....

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I was told I purchased his last set of MA decals a couple weeks ago. Who knows?

I hear ya, Something just seems fishing about it......All I know is I paid for them and got them three weeks later as described. I don't like the fact that it's the same guy I got them from and him using a different ebay account. Don't understand why someone with 100% positive feedback would relist an item someone was asking about under another name? .....by the way woody, if it's any of my business, have you received the decals yet?

#25 8 years ago

Progress today

DSCF2101_(resized).JPGDSCF2101_(resized).JPG

DSCF2102_(resized).JPGDSCF2102_(resized).JPG

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

I want to completely restore the back of cabinet too but don't see how without damaging the manufacture label/sticker. Is there somebody who reproduces these? ......I started checking out you guys pin collections. Awesome! is all I got to say about that!
DSCF2081_(resized).JPG

Got um, Thanks to a couple other Pinsiders,
Get them here: www.inkochnito.nl

DSCF2104_(resized).JPGDSCF2104_(resized).JPG

#27 8 years ago

Coming right along with no major goofs so far......

DSCF2111_(resized).JPGDSCF2111_(resized).JPG

DSCF2109_(resized).JPGDSCF2109_(resized).JPG

DSCF2108_(resized).JPGDSCF2108_(resized).JPG

DSCF2107_(resized).JPGDSCF2107_(resized).JPG

DSCF2106_(resized).JPGDSCF2106_(resized).JPG

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

looks great!
good job!

Thanks pinhead

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

were the decals short or did you cut them short?

They were plenty long enough.
I watched a video on youtube (more than once) of a guy doing a decal/cab restro on a Indiana Jones and I done it like he did, or I wouldn't have known to paint the edges and cut them short.

#32 8 years ago

Here is something I took upon myself to try.....I left the front decal long at the top front of cab and folded it over and taped it down so it would stay while I bolted the lockbar latch back on to securely hold the decal in place. I figured I don't have to worry about it peeling off from there taking off and on the lock down bar? .......it is saying, Pinside is very busy right now and it "failed to upload file". I will try later

#33 8 years ago

DSCF2112_(resized).JPGDSCF2112_(resized).JPG

#35 8 years ago

Thanks Blackbeard. turned out better than I thought it would. I wasn't planning on replacing the side rails but have changed my mind. Problem is, I can't find 51-1/2" side rails, I can find 47" rails. the top of these rails measures 47" but the side measures 51-1/2........the 47" rails describes them as being measured end to end. I almost ordered the 47" but think I might be ordering the wrong rails. I would appreciate if anyone can help. ...I don't see a part or part number in the MA manual.

DSCF2117_(resized).JPGDSCF2117_(resized).JPG

DSCF2114_(resized).JPGDSCF2114_(resized).JPG

DSCF2116_(resized).JPGDSCF2116_(resized).JPG

#36 8 years ago

My bad, .....I see now that Pinballife has them......I swear, I looked earlier and couldn't find them....

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Hey, if you ever need to replace stickers like the Williams ones, here's an easier way to do it if you are good at Photoshop.
Snap a nice photo of the sticker, upload to computer, use Photoshop to repair/duplicate, print on sticker paper - I did this with great success for Taxi.
-Nate

Thanks Nate, But that's a little over my head there lol, ....I have seen a couple of cool Taxi restorations somewhere on the web. just wondering if it may of been one of yours?

#40 8 years ago

Thanks evandickson

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Bronco-jon... Your MA is coming together nicely!
I clicked on the website to fine S# stickers for MA, however, it was just the score cards. Did I miss something there?
Also, I see your S# sicker repo's are actually your original S#. From that site, were you able to put in your actual S#?
Kerry

PM Peter, He is a Pinsider on here, His Pinside user name is: inkochnito, He can hook you up and all he ask for is a donation to help keep his website up and running. ....I just sent him a pic of my old labels and he sent them to me just like you see them. I was glad to send him a donation, wish there were more people like him around.

#45 8 years ago

Thank you, Yes, those are the ones I will be using.

#46 8 years ago

Isn't this supposed to be fun? Not sure what I got myself into here......Now time to start the back box.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It's a lot of work isn't it?!! And yours looks great! It doesn't seem to be a big project until you're spending hours and hours in front of it close sanding, bondo, repeat.
Definitely follow the advice with the leg protectors and cut the decal below where they install. Will keep the decals looking great for a long time.
Keep up the progress!

Yep, a lot of work, best to take some "time out" and return when you are refreshed, I felt the exact same way doing Taxi!
You might have seen my resto here on Pinside, I didn't go "crazy" just mainly did the pf and painted backbox trim and interior of cab - for some reason, outer cabinet conditions don't bother me as long as it is stucturally sound.
Glad you found someone to do your stickers, they look great. Good work, nice to see a neglected pin come back to life!
-Nate

Thanks dmacy and nate, It's nice having a place to come and having folks willing to help out with answers and advice. It's amazing some of these guys restorations they do. it's really not fair for me to call what I'm doing a restoration....it's more like lipstick and rouge......

#50 8 years ago

Can anyone tell me what label/sticker was on the top right hand side of the back box? it's 2"x4" but I can't make out what it was or the decal # on it

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

image_(resized).jpeg

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. I found a pic of another members pin he recently purchased (brraaapperdoodle). I was referring to the outside top right. I can expand the photo but all I can make out is the word "CAUTION", That about all I could make out on the label on mine too.

mousin_cab&truck_(resized).jpgmousin_cab&truck_(resized).jpg

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

PM me your shipping info and I'll get one in the mail to you.

Whoa! I don't know how I missed this 4 day old message....must not have been going to page two? Pm sent, and thank you Bryan_Kelly!

#57 8 years ago

DSCF2163_(resized).JPGDSCF2163_(resized).JPG

DSCF2165_(resized).JPGDSCF2165_(resized).JPG

DSCF2159_(resized).JPGDSCF2159_(resized).JPG

DSCF2158_(resized).JPGDSCF2158_(resized).JPG

DSCF2155_(resized).JPGDSCF2155_(resized).JPG

DSCF2154_(resized).JPGDSCF2154_(resized).JPG

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Johnny: what are you sanding with? Palm sander?

Yes, orbital. $27.00 from Harbor Freight

#60 8 years ago

Coming along fairly well. Almost ready for the backbox decals. I have officially ACCEPTED my work, lol, I used a paint brush to paint the inside of the box. turned out better than I thought it would.....I still need to find a Warning decal for the back of box, I guess it will stay plain black until I do.

DSCF2178_(resized).JPGDSCF2178_(resized).JPG

DSCF2180_(resized).JPGDSCF2180_(resized).JPG

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Jon someone makes a screen print of that warning. May look better but will be more work.

Not sure what screen print is but I will look into that, thanks blackbeard. After spraying the edges I am not liking what I am seeing. I will be taking it back down to the wood and hitting it with some filler. .....This is a learning experience for me

DSCF2184_(resized).JPGDSCF2184_(resized).JPG
DSCF2183_(resized).JPGDSCF2183_(resized).JPG

#64 8 years ago

I'm definitely open for suggestions!

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Jon someone makes a screen print of that warning. May look better but will be more work.

I feel kinda silly now after doing a YouTube search on pinball screen printing. I wasn't kidding when I said I was an amateur at this.
I am assuming that is the same Bryan Kelly doing the video on the warning screen print on the back of that blue head? I now have some contact info I found at the end of the video. You guys are great! Thanks, Jon

#68 8 years ago

I got a little carried away with cutting back the decal, I wanted to make sure I cut plenty but didn't mean to that much.

DSCF2190_(resized).JPGDSCF2190_(resized).JPG

DSCF2191_(resized).JPGDSCF2191_(resized).JPG

#71 8 years ago

I won't make that mistake on the other side

#72 8 years ago

If you do them over... I would suggest removing t-molding, then take a fresh razor blade to the edge, then new t-molding.
If not, like Blackbeard said; it's your game and it looks nice!

The t-molding was off. I just put it on hoping it would help the appearance of me cutting too much off. I need to back off on it, I tend to catch myself getting in a rush after I have been working on it for long periods

#73 8 years ago

I also got my new side rails and Stern cab protectors on. I added orange flipper buttons and believe I will go ahead and put the black plastic cab protectors on too (since they don't touch the cab) and get me some orange powder coated legs. The decals have enough orange on them that I don't think it will look to bad at all, plus I am trying to go with another look not like others I have seen.
.....orange T-molding might not look to bad either

DSCF2195_(resized).JPGDSCF2195_(resized).JPG
DSCF2193_(resized).JPGDSCF2193_(resized).JPG
DSCF2197_(resized).JPGDSCF2197_(resized).JPG

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

Hmm. I would think red, yellow, or blue before orange. However, you wanted something different. Hard to tell before it's finished.

I know! It may be something I regret after I see what it looks like. I had a hard time trying to decide between black legs with orange protectors or orange legs with black protectors.....Again, the plastic protectors do not touch the cab with the metal Stern protectors on now, so I'm not worried about that and I kinda like the looks of the larger plastic protectors under the legs. I thought about red or blue, but, the colors of both look way off from the colors of red and blue on the decals....so does the orange actually, but like I said, I'm going for something different. I have a new set of the cheap Pinballife chrome legs, but can't bring myself to use them on my first pinball restoration.

#77 8 years ago

When I first got the MA, the first thing I done was replace the plywood in the bottom of the cabinet. I removed the playfield to do this. When I went to put the playfield back in the cab it didn't want to cooperate very well for some reason and I could tell I was starting to loose my grip so I pulled it back out to regroup. when I did, I bumped one of the blue plastic mouse traps against the cab and slightly cracked it. I glued it back together and got the playfield back in with no issues with the trap, it worked just fine. I have since pulled the playfield back out obviously and have been trying to find a new trap, but no luck. I contacted PBR awhile back about one but they didn't have it. He told me he might have one for a Data East Secret Service, that they were the same accept they were black instead of blue. He checked and didn't have it either. Anyway, I found a Data East "ball eater" on ebay last night and went ahead and purchased it being at such a reasonable price. It looks slightly different but may still work. has anyone ever heard of someone using this in a MA?

ball_eater_mouse_trap_(resized).jpgball_eater_mouse_trap_(resized).jpg

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Interesting find.
I wonder if it'll work?

I'll let you know when I get it.

#80 8 years ago

After looking over the blue trap real close, I think if I put all the hardware, coils, switches etc. from the blue trap on the black one it will work. I'm pretty sure Steve Young at PBR knows what he is talking about. we'll see
......you can see where I Gorilla glued it. It's actually really solid

DSCF2213_(resized).JPGDSCF2213_(resized).JPG

DSCF2212_(resized).JPGDSCF2212_(resized).JPG

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If it is as easy as bryan_kelly makes it look in the YouTube video he and merfeldma made on silk screening the backbox, then I'm not so much worried about the work involved. it's more about the amount of money I just spent for the screen and squeegee to get it done (not including the ink I will have to buy unless merfeldma got my pm asking him to send just enough to do one print if he had it to spare) I was finally able to get with merfeldma today and purchase one of his system 11 screens. now other things to piddle with until it arrives.

#83 8 years ago

Not a bad idea.... if it doesn't get bumped or hit again it may not ever break. just curious as to how all these others that's needing brackets got broke or cracked?

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

PM me your shipping info and I'll get one in the mail to you.

I received it today, Thank you very much Bryan! A saw your Indiana Jones Restoration thread a couple days ago and have done a 180 on the way I've been going about it on mine since seeing it. I just THOUGHT I was doing a cab restoration. I've started taking my time and not get in so much of a rush. I just hope printing the warning label on back is as easy as you make it look. Because I haven't received the screen yet, I don't have an excuse not to make sure I have it prepped to the best of my ability. Thanks Again, Jon

..............I'll be sure and take it in out of the rain before I paint it! lol

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Interesting find.
I wonder if it'll work?

Yes, it will work.....Both made by same manufacture and have same part number

DSCF2226_(resized).JPGDSCF2226_(resized).JPG

DSCF2224_(resized).JPGDSCF2224_(resized).JPG

#86 8 years ago

Orange legs? .....Yes or no?

DSCF2231_(resized).JPGDSCF2231_(resized).JPG

DSCF2230_(resized).JPGDSCF2230_(resized).JPG

#88 8 years ago

I bought new red T-molding for the head several weeks ago, but, I'm thinking orange molding will go good with the legs?

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I went w/ red on mine.
Looks great!

I was worried about how much difference in the color of red on the legs would be compared to the color of red on the decals.....remember, my red is washed out.
I would like to see yours if you don't mind sharing.
to be honest, I'm not real wild about how the orange legs look on it

#92 8 years ago

Sorry indypinhead, I remember you posted a pic of yours on mousin around club thread. yes, that's a nice ma

#94 8 years ago

IMHO; The orange legs don't look that great to me either. I've seen a MA with yellow... now those I liked!

I was going for a different look other than the ones I have seen too. If I was going with yellow, I might as well go back with the original chrome. I kinda wish I went with the orange protectors with black legs now. But, one thing for curtain, I haven't seen another MA with orange legs.....not sayin that's there's not

#95 8 years ago

OK! After about 14 Bud Lights and a can of Rust-Oleum gloss black on a couple leg bolts, I'm starting to like what I'm seeing.....Is it just me, or does the black bolts look better?

DSCF2232_(resized).JPGDSCF2232_(resized).JPG

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Maybe clear cab protectors?

I saw your led leg mod thread with the clear protectors awhile back and thought that was pretty cool. I was just looking for that thread but can't find it.

#101 8 years ago

Today is another day and I am not happy with how the orange legs look! ......I gotta try the black now.....spray paint one of the originals and go from there.......???

#103 8 years ago

I'm thinking orange cab protectors, black legs, orange bolts?

#104 8 years ago

I got my warning label silk screen in today, all I need now is some yellow ink. Heres a before and I'll do an after when I find out where to get some ink....hopefully here locally somewhere.

DSCF2252_(resized).JPGDSCF2252_(resized).JPG

DSCF2249_(resized).JPGDSCF2249_(resized).JPG

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Read up on silk screening. Apparently it can be iffy.

What do you mean?

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

There are videos of how to do it right. Don't wanna mess it up.

A perfect example of one of those videos can be seen here along with where and who to get the screen and squeegee from.

Pinside thread: FS: Williams System 11 backbox Warning silk screen

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Look for my topic DIY Leg Light-ups. They look great combined with beatmasters shooter light up. Or alone.

Found it, that's neat! Be cool to find some transparent color protectors.

#111 8 years ago

Haven't got the ink yet.

DSCF2273_(resized).JPGDSCF2273_(resized).JPG

DSCF2272_(resized).JPGDSCF2272_(resized).JPG

DSCF2270_(resized).JPGDSCF2270_(resized).JPG

DSCF2264_(resized).JPGDSCF2264_(resized).JPG

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Great job Jonny!
Been a cool thread to watch. Sometimes I don't know what I love more: playing pins or restoring them.
Been on the hunt for a mousin for awhile now. Some day I'll nab one!

So is your thread on the hunt for a MA. I've been following it too. I just don't think there are that many left out there and the ones that are (nice ones that is) people would rather just hang on to it rather than give it away.....from what I can tell, it is a very underrated machine.
I can see why too. There just wasn't that many made and probably not that many left around. you can't rate something you have never seen or played. I might be talking out of a hole in the side of my neck, but I see a nice MA as a collectors machine. .....But what do I know? I'm new to the pinball world.

#115 8 years ago

After watching the process video on doing this, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG! A total of 17 minutes from the time I unpackaged the ink, mixed it, applied it and cleaned the screen up. Done deal.

DSCF2278_(resized).JPGDSCF2278_(resized).JPG

DSCF2276_(resized).JPGDSCF2276_(resized).JPG

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Bronco, did you also shop\restore your playfield? If so, did you have a hard time getting your bolts off? I finally got fed up and got the bolt cutters out and clipped them all off. Just ordered all new hardware.

Not a pf restore but a half-ass shop job. all the ramps and stuff removed and cleaned, all new leds except for the #89 flasher bulbs, several misc. pf parts replaced. I have had pretty much all the nuts, bolts, screws off at one point and didn't have any problems with any of them. From what I can tell, none of them ever had any lock-tite used on them like indypinhead was saying some did.

#125 8 years ago

Woody76, did you ever get your decal set in?

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Nope. If cleaned properly, you can use them dozens of times.

Mine cleaned up so well you can't even tell it's ever been used, no sign of yellow ink on it anywhere. I took your advise and cleaned it up immediately after using it.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

That's odd.
I always run into lock tits

LOL

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My MA had a poorly done, hand cut PF mylar installed. Was able to pull it w/ minimal paint loss. Bought a new PF mylar from Marco, and...as usual, it wasn't close to being correct. I designed and new PF protector, provided Marco w/ the geometry. They cut my one for free. The 2 piece PF mylar they now sell is MY geometry. Fit's like a glove.

I purchased a new ma pf protector from Marco a couple months ago myself but haven't put it on yet. I am not happy enough with the pf to put it on yet. wonder if it's the one you designed?

#135 8 years ago

Be nice if I could find just a coin door decal. hint-hint, ......I got in too big of rush on prepping my cab and missed a spot that shows through on the decal. it's hidden under the lockdown bar but still bugs me knowing it's there.

#136 8 years ago

Is a pf protector and a pf mylar the same thing?

#138 8 years ago

Technically, no. a "protector" is a thicker piece of rigid plastic that actually sits on top of the pf and is held down by all the hardware. Mylar is a single sheet of semi-sticky "plastic" that adheres directly to the pf. If you use mylar, be sure to wax the pf prior to putting it on - this makes any future removal much easier.

Ok thanks, I've been calling the mylar I purchased a protector.

#139 8 years ago

This may be old news to some but I just ran across a fairly resent thread on KLOV of someone who's making MA cab decals. appears he's from Crystal Lake, Illinois. To me they look like copies of the ones I got.....I say that because of the yellow star layout over the start button on front decal.

#141 8 years ago

Can you make me this? .....8" height by whatever width looks uniform with height. I want to put it on the void spot on backbox above the warning label

MousinAround-Wheel-JR_(resized).pngMousinAround-Wheel-JR_(resized).png

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

If you want another coin door decal PM me. I have not looked at it to see if it was damaged with the others in my first shipment.

PM sent

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Anything new op?

Yes there is, but I feel kinda foolish now after seeing some of these other "real" restorations here on pinside. I have learned so much here in the last month or so......I've down shifted a couple gears and going about it a lil different. I will be posting updates, but got some hiccups I'm not happy with and redoing. won't be factory original, but will be original

Edit: "Original" may not be the word I'm looking for....someone help me out here

3 months later
#149 7 years ago

After about three months I finally took the MA off the back burner and had some stuff powder coated.
I could really use some coin door parts that accidently got ruined by the powder coating guy....Can someone help me out with finding these parts? I am having trouble finding them (except the flap). Thanks, Jon

DSCF2499_(resized).JPGDSCF2499_(resized).JPG

DSCF2501_(resized).JPGDSCF2501_(resized).JPG

DSCF2502_(resized).JPGDSCF2502_(resized).JPG

DSCF2505_(resized).JPGDSCF2505_(resized).JPG

DSCF2510_(resized).JPGDSCF2510_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#150 7 years ago

DSCF2547_(resized).JPGDSCF2547_(resized).JPG

DSCF2552_(resized).JPGDSCF2552_(resized).JPG

DSCF2555_(resized).JPGDSCF2555_(resized).JPG

#151 7 years ago

I decided to go with this decal instead.....By the way, Pinsider "jbyum" made both decals. Thanks jbyrum, I think the size is much better than the larger one I just thought I wanted.

DSCF2565_(resized).JPGDSCF2565_(resized).JPG

DSCF2563_(resized).JPGDSCF2563_(resized).JPG

5 months later
#153 7 years ago

Well, I'm back at it again.
I got really frustrated a few months back when I took several cabinet parts to have powder coated and a couple parts got ruined in the oven in the process.
I gave up on finding a replacement coin door bezel that got ruined and ended up buying a after market coin door, only to find out it had plastic coin bezels after getting it. I had my mind set on coating the bezels orange and the door black but that wasn't going to happen with powder coating plastic, so I just gathered everything up and stuck it all in a corner were it has sat for the last 5 months or so.
last weekend I pulled it out and took the coin door that I bought apart and sent it off to get coated opposite of what my plans were......This is what I ended up with.
The project go's on

DSCF2907 (resized).JPGDSCF2907 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 23.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mousin-around-cab-restoration-amateurfirst-time?tu=bronco-jon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.