• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Viggin900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170728_150739 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

MotorDome is playing fine thanks to the new 6803 Swemmer board I purchased but not getting any sound.

The Bally Turbo Cheap Squeak board that is in the pin (A080-91855-C000) looks pretty clean.

The LED on it will flash 3 times before going out on power up, which is what I believe the manual states should happen.
The test button on it produces no sound either.

The only "noise" I ever hear is when I power on the game, I get a second or two of a 'white noise' coming out of the speaker, like a noisy pot would do if someone was twisting it.
I have checked speaker connections and tried moving the volume pot to different rotations but nada.

I attached a pic of the actual board..If anyone has a method I can test this further, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

20170728_150739 (resized).jpg20170728_150739 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Chris,

The original MPU/DRIVER board was badly corroded. Game did not work when I picked it up.

Here is link to my original post about it with board pics:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-mpu-acid-damage#post-3889854

Volume Pot when rotating knob does not produce any scratchy noises.

I'm also thinking when I looked at the game before taking it, someone had unmounted the speaker in the cabinet bottom so the sound must have stopped on them. In their infinite wisdom figured it was possibly the speaker. It's wired up ok and mounted back in the cabinet bottom.

When sound does work correctly in this game, does the LED flash while sounds are being produced?

I see where there was also an option that this game could have used a Bally Squawk and Talk 68000 based sound board.

Would the GAME ROMS have to be different on the MPU board for that to work correctly?

#4 6 years ago

Bumpity Bump

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/motordome-sound-board-issues?tu=CUJO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.