• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4124 (resized).JPG
IMG_4125 (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

I had an issue with my motordome shop I just finished. No matter what the left gate would not open. Even though it has a test mode. I verified everything was working and wired correctly.
I grounded the transistor tab and the gate operated. This narrowed it down to on the board.
After searching online I found a lot of mention of the issues. Even one person that had three all with he same issue. But no solution offered.

The solution is for you to install a jumper in JW8. I used a 0 ohm resistor. I found the right gate (JW10) had its jumper installed. And the schematic is genric so it shows it open.

So that's it. Verify by grounding the tab on Q9. Then install jumper JW8.

Must have been missed like the factory flasher rewire.
Thanks
FortyTwo

IMG_4125 (resized).JPGIMG_4125 (resized).JPG

IMG_4124 (resized).JPGIMG_4124 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Yes...its very possible that someone exchanged the logic board at some point in the game's life. We run into the PCB's having one wrong jumper, etc, every now and then. It is possible the factory missed it, but I would have thought the vendor may have noticed it or at least heard complaints about that gate! Good find though!!

#3 7 years ago

Hmm.
Good point may be. Or could be missed like the add on wiring harness for the flashers.
I guess it's kind of weird I found a lot of people with a left gate issue. I hope people check these two jumpers before gettin frustrated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ashland, KY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/motordome-left-gate-issues-solved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.