3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kovalski3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I have a Bally’s Sharpshooter and the fox motor E119-249 stopped working. I sent it to PBR and they attempted to repair it but it is not working properly. It needs help starting it before it starts turning. I removed all the gears and attempted to start it with just the rotor and it still needed help turning before is starts. I am unsure where else to turn. I cleaned it and tested the coil an it was at 7 ohms. This matched a similar motor I have so I don’t think the coil is the issue. Normally, I would just buy a similar 50V motor off ebay but this motor is reversible which is much harder to find. Any ideas what to try next?

#2 3 years ago

Maybe adding a capacitor to get it moving. I don’t know how to determine what size would work. It will essentially give it a quick burst of power to get it moving .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/motor-stopped-working-any-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.