Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

my moms.jpg
    20170115_160432 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Ok gents, so Mother's Day is this coming Sunday (14th). What elaborate day have you planned for your wife?

I am thinking something a little low key and traditional. Mother's Day brunch and then likely take care of the kid for the afternoon so she has one day without diaper changes. Haha

#2 6 years ago

My mother is dead 6 years. My Fiancé died 9 months after her. My current girlfriend can't get pregnant.

This is all true and sounds quite depressing right? Well I ran this post passed the girlfriend and told her you could look at this two way -

I'm not being mothered, I dodged the ball and chain bullet and I am not going to get leached and time soon.

She broke out laughing (she gets my sense of humor). I look at it this way. Not celebrating Mother's Day is almost as great as not celebrating Father's Day

#3 6 years ago

Mothers day is Special for me.....My Mom came to this Country at 18 and raised 4 obnoxious Boys!

She turned 80 this year, and is one of a kind!

I tease my wife, that indeed, its not easy carrying a child and raising our 2 kids, Im always grateful.
    But that Fathers Day is a Celebration of me not Firing Blanks!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

... Firing Blanks!

Firing Blank avoids a life sentence.

#5 6 years ago

My Family gave my Mom her own Pinball Machine for Christmas. Here we are Mom and Son. Happy Mothers Day!
    20170115_160432 (resized).jpg20170115_160432 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

My Family gave my Mom her own Pinball Machine for Christmas. Here we are Mom and Son. Happy Mothers Day!

Sweet, now she can finally get on Pinside and tell us how to fix the Top 100 rankings.

#7 6 years ago

I lost my mom 23 years ago, enjoy your mothers while you still have them.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sweet, now she can finally get on Pinside and tell us how to fix the Top 100 rankings.

She actually is a Mathematician and worked in a specialized field called Geodesy so I bet she could fix it! LOVE YOU MOM HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOMS ON PINSIDE!

#9 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure I win Mother's Day lol. I'm spending the day in St Louis playing pinball to my heart's content at The Silver Ballroom with my BFF while my husband and son hold down the homefort. Taking the long way home with a slow ramble up to Chicago, then finally getting home at the end of the week to enjoy a nice sushi dinner with them when the restaurants aren't crowded. HEAVEN!!

#10 6 years ago

I am a father and recently divorced. My mom is in Michigan I'm in Cali.

My girlfriends kids got her covered. Ill keep an eye on that in the future.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, and those that miss them!

#11 6 years ago

Big day with the family here. Today is my wife and 4th son's birthday, along with several other family members. We usually have a big combo family gathering that includes my mom and brother. The wife didn't want anything formal, so I'm boiling crawfish! (Pics later)

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Mothers day is Special for me.....My Mom came to this Country at 18 and raised 4 obnoxious Boys!
    She turned 80 this year, and is one of a kind!
    I tease my wife, that indeed, its not easy carrying a child and raising our 2 kids, Im always grateful.
    But that Fathers Day is a Celebration of me not Firing Blanks!

Where did she immigrate from OPG?

#13 6 years ago

NO pinball today. Yesterday I took our son to one of those climbing parks for the day while my wife went to her annual Georgetown Garden Tour (I think they walk around fancy houses in DC and check out the gardens); this is a tradition her best friend started in 2005 - her friend passed 2 years ago but the group of friends (and the widower) still do it every year. This after fixing a huge 200-gallon/hour leak in our basement. Yeah that was awesome.

Today we have brunch at 11:45 and I may actually take a shower finally. Taking her car to be detailed tomorrow. Yay gifts! She and the kid are currently playing "Civilization V" on her laptop, and she keeps getting annoyed that he clicks through all the windows without reading them (he's 7).

#14 6 years ago

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, especially mine.

my moms.jpgmy moms.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mothers-day and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.