(Topic ID: 241316)

Most "Wished For" Games

By SilverWings

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

I was looking at player rankings on the top rated pins here, and wanted to see if those rankings corresponded well with what folks are wishing for to have in their collection (Game Database > Owners Tab). Comparing Player Rating Ranking to Wish List Ranking, we'll see where these two metrics agree and where they have differences.

Looking at the data, there are some big disconnects here - but why? Why would TAF - ranking 11 in Players Rating move up to 2 on the Wish List Rank? Why would Attack From Mars Remake move from 2 in Players Rating to 12 on the Wish List Ranking? Interesting... maybe meaningless - but thought it might be fun to discuss.

In the second image the "change" column shows the relative change in rank from Player Rating Rank to Wish List Rank. Data shown is from 22 Apr 19:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 4 years ago

I would guess is has to do with how people rate games and what they use their wishlist for...and probably everything in between. I don't think I've ever rated a game on here, but I do keep a wishlist, but it's only games I'm currently looking for and would actually trade for or realistically be able to afford. So while DI and ToM are on my literal wishlist as a game I'd love to have, I don't add them to my pinside list because I'd never pay what people ask for them.

#3 4 years ago

The data is only as good as what is put into it. I only have games on my wishlist that I would desire to own, and I probably don't have most of them ranked at all. I've also ranked games that are not on my wish list. You would need everyone to rank only games on the wishlist, and they must rank them, otherwise the data is inaccurate.

#4 4 years ago

I don’t have the high dollar games on my wishlist because I cannot afford them currently. I want afm and mm but I can’t have them without selling all my other games so I left them off the wishlist. I know I’m just one person but if there are others like me it may skew the results a bit

#5 4 years ago

Remakes skewed the wish list. People were able to get their grail pin. The highest wishers have not been remade yet. Please remake IJ TPA!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-wished-for-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.