(Topic ID: 26661)

Most unusual route location you have seen for a pin? Pics if you got'em.

By RTR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

junkyard.jpg
    SSL10691.jpg
    SSL10693.jpg
    SSL10690.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Could be the place is unusual or the pin/place match up is weird. Like Bally Corvette in the Ford service department waiting area...

#2 11 years ago

There used to be a bead shop in San Francisco that had four games, all EMs and one pre-flipper. The owner put them in there so the guys would have something to do while their girlfriend/wives shopped.

There is also a POTC at a kids dentist in Castro Valley.

#3 11 years ago

We put a Fishtales in a campground, and they moved it to a barn. It came back with bird droppings all over it. Of course, this is the same place that neglected to tell us for two months that our driving game had burst into flames...

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

There is also a POTC at a kids dentist in Castro Valley.

That's pretty weird seeing a pin at a dentist's office. I saw a T2 at a gun shop not too long ago.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Like Bally Corvette in the Ford service department waiting area...

Have you actually seen this or was that a hypothetical example? Because that would be really, really funny!

I don't have any good examples of pins in weird locations. Places that don't have pins which SHOULD have them (arcades and movie theaters) are far more common.

#6 11 years ago

@gonefishing - no, I did not see this. But I had to wait a long time at the Ford dealership and I was mentally fixing up their waiting area. I also pretend fixed their coffee service.

#7 11 years ago

A local Chevy dealer used to have a POTC in their showroom's waiting area. They would give out tokens at the receptionist desk, for free. It was FILTHY and is gone.

#8 11 years ago

I placed a Sopranos pinball in an Ex strip club on the west side of Manhattan ( the Westway) that kept the small stages and raised stripper walks. I love that I have pole dancers in an ex strip joint.
    Allen

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Could be the place is unusual or the pin/place match up is weird. Like Bally Corvette in the Ford service department waiting area...

This could and should get very interesting. Nice thread

There was a dance club in Utah (circa 2004) that had a MB very close to dance floor of the hip-hop/lounge room.

It was weird to see people grinding up and around it. Kinda brings a new meaning to "I don't see nothin' wrong wit a little bump and grind"

#10 11 years ago

A local tatto shop has an old Bally EM in the reception area on free play. I'm not into body art, but stopped in when I saw it displayed in the main window. The owner bet me that if I could beat his high score, he'd tatoo a pinball on me for free.

#11 11 years ago

Bought a Cirqus voltaire from an operator once and went with him to pull it off location, It was at a Gay bar on one of the stages where I guess Guys dance naked around it etc.. Needless to say I had one of the guys that work for me, make sure to clean it very well.

Actually that was the second Cirqus voltaire that I bought where the op had placed it in a Gay bar.

#12 11 years ago

There's tons of pins in gay bars in SF, even a few leather bars. My visiting friend from Denmark happened in to one with his wife once. hahahahahaha

There was a Hurricane and TFTC at a gay bar in Oakland, but it's a very tame gay bar.

On a side note, I don't know why, but gay people are by far the best at karaoke.

A game store (as in board games) in Concord called Black Diamond Games just got a Black Knight 2000.

#13 11 years ago

So anybody that said he could beat that guy would have to show the tat proof! That has to be the most creative business use of a pin I have heard so far.

#14 11 years ago

When I die I want to have a couple of my pins put in the lobby of the funeral parlor.

#15 11 years ago

Not on route, but I once fixed a Safe Cracker in a safe cracker's shop. There were safes and safe parts laying all over the place. While I was working on the game, he walked up and showed me a special tool he made for picking a specific type of safe. It had a giant rare earth magnet on the end. The weird part was that he didn't buy the game, he inherited it from a buddy who died in a motorcycle accident.

I also once repaired a Gilligan's Island for a dude named Gilligan (last name). Guy said he bought it on a lark thinking his kids would dig it. They did, but only for about a week.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

When I die I want to have a couple of my pins put in the lobby of the funeral parlor.

I suggest BSD! Coffin already in there and great quotes!

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

No need. Just have your services held at Ahlgrim & Sons funeral home in Palantine IL (just outside Chicago). They have a 9 hole mini golf course, video games and pins in the basement.

http://tinyurl.com/9gymhme

#18 11 years ago

Dude, you just won the thread. This place has a HH. HH in the basement of a funereal home. They def put the Fun in Funereal!

http://www.ahlgrimffs.com/golfcourse.htm

#19 11 years ago

"The Community Room is strictly never used during funeral business."

#20 11 years ago

The costume shop in Old Sac used to keep a TAF on the second floor that was only open when it was busy (IE...around halloween) game was beat, flippers barely moved, etc...

#21 11 years ago

I asked my local op for a list of his pins on location. He's put a TZ in a brothel. I really want to play it but I'm not desperate enough to enter a brothel!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

but I'm not desperate enough to enter a brothel!

Well, a little desperation never stopped me. I would be glad to go check it out for you but I might need some money for the jukebox.

#23 11 years ago

There's a Soprano's at my local barber shop

#24 11 years ago

TAF in a strip club. The one time that I didn't blow all of my money on strippers. MAMUSHKA

#25 11 years ago

We've got one in an adult "bookstore" - it's always good for a laugh! Can't post any pics here, on account of the wall decorations being very against Pinside rules. Takes a little getting used to doing service calls there, as the sounds from the movie booths echo down the hall to the game room. Yeah... For the curious, it's a SWE1, which also happened to previously be in a gay bar.

Aside from that, the most unusual would probably be a local pipe/tobaccee shop, but they're focusing more on their specialty beer business, so its not too different than a bar any more.

#26 11 years ago

My Diner came out of a video store.

IMAG0081.jpgIMAG0081.jpg

#27 11 years ago

"Actually that was the second Cirqus Voltaire that I bought where the op had placed it in a Gay bar."

Right now, a bunch of CV owners here on pinside start nervously feeling they may have to post about all the masculine aspects of the pin.

Now that I think about it...CV is kind of a flamboyant game.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

#28 11 years ago

Dentist office had to have a root canal done walked in the door and they had a LOTR set up on free play.

#29 11 years ago

This one seemed totally appropriate... at the Harley Davidson dealership in Edmonton, there's a Stern Harley Davidson pin upstairs. Next to the Harley fooseball table, harley dart board, and tattoo parlor.

#30 11 years ago

I once found a WW at a Chinese restaurant. Wasn't working, so I didn't get the chance to play it.

#31 11 years ago

I have an art gallery with a Twilight Zone, does that count as inappropriate? I have it set to free play. It gives the kids and husbands something to do while the wives look at art.

#32 11 years ago

I found a Pirates of the Carribean at the local car dealership. Kind of Ironic.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Kind of?! hahahahahaha

#34 11 years ago

Nip It in the basement of a funeral parlor next to the bathrooms, .25 per game.

You know you are making a classy exit from this world when the place sending you off has a pinball machine.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

"Actually that was the second Cirqus Voltaire that I bought where the op had placed it in a Gay bar."
    Right now, a bunch of CV owners here on pinside start nervously feeling they may have to post about all the masculine aspects of the pin.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

and here I was thinking, just how many people looking for a CV are going to start phoning or visiting their local gay bars and see if they can get a good deal on one

#36 11 years ago

A couple of years ago, the Rasputin Music in Berkeley had a Bally Rolling stones and a couple of other pins (can't remember what they were) on an upstairs landing.

#37 11 years ago

Sopranos and Elvis in a Christian run "Family Fun Center". It was in Dawsonville, GA - next to a Christian School and Church. Center is closed now, but that was the most inappropriate I've ever seen.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Worked on a pin for a church youth group. It was Lethal Weapon. Surprised they did'nt have a Gorgar too.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

A couple of years ago, the Rasputin Music in Berkeley had a Bally Rolling Stones and a couple of other pins (can't remember what they were) on an upstairs landing.

I believe they still do. They had Elvis on the main floor. SWE1 was upstairs and RS was in the back but off. Only SWE1 was playable. It was set up super easy and I was destroying it for about an hour when four kids came up to play it. I was bored so I just drained out and left them the rest of the credits.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

Sopranos and Elvis in a Christian run "Family Fun Center". It was in Dawsonville, GA - next to a Christian School and Church. Center is closed now, but that was the most inappropriate I've ever seen.

Well, as long as they weren't dancing'.....

#41 11 years ago

My Twilight Zone came from a nasty, hole-in-the-wall biker bar.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

I believe they still do. They had Elvis on the main floor. SWE1 was upstairs and RS was in the back but off. Only SWE1 was playable. It was set up super easy and I was destroying it for about an hour when four kids came up to play it. I was bored so I just drained out and left them the rest of the credits.

Yes. Now you mention it, I do remember the SWE1. Don't remember Elvis though.

#43 11 years ago

There's a ToM at the Winchester Mystery House here in San Jose. Don't know if it's still there, but it was at last I heard. Just one pin and it's a ToM....weird.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

On a side note, I don't know why, but gay people are by far the best at karaoke.

my former neighbor was gay and practiced karaoke for like 4 hours a day. That shit got annoying real fast. I'm sure my pinball playing wasn't much fun to listen to either though, so we were even.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

Could have been worse, could have been Family Guy and Playboy

#46 11 years ago

A local car wash had a SS (and later a DrWho). The machine was not in a waiting room. It was inside the narrow walkway by the windows where you could see the cars rolling by.

#47 11 years ago

Found a partially working Arena in the long forgotten upstairs 'game lounge' of my childhood movie theatre:

SSL10690.jpgSSL10690.jpg SSL10693.jpgSSL10693.jpg

The paneling and chair that the 1970's forgot:

SSL10691.jpgSSL10691.jpg

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

Could have been worse, could have been Family Guy and Playboy

I know the pole dancers were removed but come on, this is the best you could do? Even the talking fish would be considered evil by some Christians. And I don't have to mention that Elvis could only be shot for TV from the waist up for a reason (back in the day).

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

Found a partially working Arena in the long forgotten upstairs 'game lounge' of my childhood movie theatre:

The paneling and chair that the 1970's forgot:

Mainstreet Theatre?! Is it still there? I should go in and make them an offer if it is ...

#50 11 years ago

I honestly can't tell if those pics were taken in the 70's or recently.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-unusual-route-location-you-have-seen-for-a-pin-pics-if-you-gotem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.