airborne 014.JPG
airborne 013.JPG
images.jpg
1265659943.jpg
3849804604_d73e5f5688_b.jpg
image.jpg
Jedi Mind Trick.gif
tarp-30198.jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

RBION
The Shadow
Batman Forever

#102 9 years ago

RBION is a great game as is The Shadow.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

RBION
The Shadow
Batman Forever

As the owner of a BF, it is not under valued. Don't get me wrong I really love the machine which is why I just bought it for the second time.

Problems with BF:
DE let's flash the flashers to let you know multiball is ready.
Airballs
Catastrophically expensive DMD.
System 3 speaker Hum
Cheap as sin gun handle
Based on one of the worst Batman movies.
Batnipples
Repetitive callouts

Now there are options. The speaker hum can be fixed with some work. The DMD can be replaced with an lcd now. I wish someone would design an alternate translite to get rid of those batnipples.

#104 9 years ago

Any game i'm selling.

#105 9 years ago

Xenon
ID4
WPT
Demolition Man

#106 9 years ago

Despite the horrendous translite, WPT and despite the (lack of) code, WOF.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

As the owner of a BF, it is not under valued. Don't get me wrong I really love the machine which is why I just bought it for the second time.
Problems with BF:
DE let's flash the flashers to let you know multiball is ready.
Airballs
Catastrophically expensive DMD.
System 3 speaker Hum
Cheap as sin gun handle
Based on one of the worst Batman movies.
Batnipples
Repetitive callouts
Now there are options. The speaker hum can be fixed with some work. The DMD can be replaced with an lcd now. I wish someone would design an alternate translite to get rid of those batnipples.

I get where you're heading, but to some extent the problems people have with the theme (Batnipples, BF being the worst Batman, etc.) are exactly one of the main points making pins undervalued. Just look at the Shadow translite...or the RBION theme that's more or less unknown over here in Europe. You can get a RBION in great shape surprisingly cheap in EU, in relation much cheaper than in the US.

I actually don't even like BF soooo much, but i'm always surprised by how extremely cheap they trade given the gameplay they offer. It's also a pretty impressive machine if you're standing in front of it.
And i just love that flasher-show in a dark room!

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I get where you're heading, but to some extent the problems people have with the theme (Batnipples, BF being the worst Batman, etc.) are exactly one of the main points making pins undervalued. Just look at The Shadow translite...or the RBION theme that's more or less unknown over here in Europe. You can get a RBION in great shape surprisingly cheap in EU, in relation much cheaper than in the US.
I actually don't even like BF soooo much, but i'm always surprised by how extremely cheap they trade given the gameplay they offer. It's also a pretty impressive machine if you're standing in front of it.
And i just love that flasher-show in a dark room!

That is the thing though. It is not undervalued if the theme detracts from the value. The price has crept up a little over the years. I will be honest and say I paid a little too much for mine given the condition, but I bought it with the intention of keeping.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Almost any Williams System 11's. Great play and very reliable. These will soon be going the way of Fathoms and Centaurs.

I'm not too sure about that. Way more of them available. The artwork on Fathom and Centaur is usually the selling point anyway, but I agree that Fathom and Centaur/II sell for more than they should, and I'm even selling my Centaur II right now, I am not afraid to admit that. The availability is what drove prices up on those I think. With 12,000 Pinbots made, it should technically be around 4-5 times easier to find one of those than a Centaur or Fathom in good shape and later release date. That'll definitely slash the price in 1/2 at least.

Some of the Sys11 games are so-so there in comparison art-wise to those two. Others are gorgeous (Python Anghelo love here).

#110 9 years ago

Laser War & Comet get my vote for sub $1000 games that kick ass.

#111 9 years ago

All early SS games are pretty undervalued IMO

2 weeks later
#112 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Airborne and Pinball Magic

agree

airborne 013.JPGairborne 013.JPG airborne 014.JPGairborne 014.JPG
#113 9 years ago
#114 9 years ago

Another vote for WPT. Picked one up recently and it's a great game for the price. Deep rules, fun layout, drop targets galore, two games in one (drop target poker vs ramps Hold'em). Ton's of value here.

WCS94 - Broad appeal, fun shots, simple rules but never gets old to defeat Germany in the final. Good tournament pin also with even scoring.

Have to totally agree with STTNG also. Overall I rank it as the #1 pin of all time. Theme integration that is the best ever (yes it tops LOTR in this regard). The only pin that might come close on theme integration might be TBL but it will still be missing the custom speech from the actors. It really smokes everything in it's price range and even pins costing 2x as much.....IMHO.

#115 9 years ago

JD - pretty solid game for under 2k
JM - solid fast fun
TS - it isn't cheap now but it is way better than any in its price range
LAH - a blast for how cheap it is
Apollo 13 -solid pinball wih a shaker motor
WPT - can be found for 2k. A lot is packed into it

#116 9 years ago

For ~$2500 BSD is a deal. Every game is a wicked adrenaline rush. I can't see ever selling mine.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#117 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Judge Dredd is a $1400 game folks. But soon to be an $1800 game, once color DMD kicks down.

Is this the only post you have about JD? Over and over and over and ....

#118 9 years ago

Most early Bally SS games other than Centaur and Fathom are underpriced in my mind.

#119 9 years ago

Oh, and pretty much EM other than Atlantis and Centigrade 37

#120 9 years ago

Baywatch is a terrific pinball machine. So many ramps, wire forms, VUK, Shark flipper, video modes, unique ball trap with the guard tower, huge DMD and fun modes.

Tell you what, anyone under 25 really has no idea what Baywatch is. Take it as face value, and it's a great Coast Guard/Rescue theme with plenty of tits.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Most early Ba SS games other than Centaur and Fathom are underpriced in my mind.

A lot of older game to me at least look beautiful but the game play is kind of shallow in comparison to newer stuff.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

A lot of older game to me at least look beautiful but the game play is kind of shallow in comparison to newer stuff.

Sometimes, it's fun to not have to think about modes and just play pinball.

#124 9 years ago

Sorry I lost my train of thought back with "It's a TARP"

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

JD
SST
X-files
No Fear
SF2
DM

Agreed, I have seen a few SF2 go for under 1,000. Sure the DMD animations suck but the game is a challenge with precision skill needed for a big score.

I saw another for HMM. I'd say every Bally 6803 is undervalued. All original themes, most have original layouts. All fun. You get alot of machine for 400-800 bucks!

If the system 80's weren't so finicky I am sure they would be valued more.

Time Machine for sure! Great game, noone loves the Data East games though...

#126 9 years ago

All great suggestions.
I'll add my two cents worth:
WPT
WCS94
NBAFB
LAH
Baywatch
JM

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Judge Dredd is a $1400 game folks. But soon to be an $1800 game, once color DMD kicks down.

yeah that's why I sold mine for $2100 2 years ago

3 weeks later
#128 9 years ago

Hmmm, I see a lot of the same harping in here. I actually disagree with just about every single person's listed games. I even own a few of them for some perspective... I took the OPs "undervalued" to mean monetarily ($), and not "underrated".

I think:
WPT
WCS94
NBAFB
LAH
Baywatch
JM

are all currently selling for the prices they should sell. A couple like Baywatch and LAH could still be bought for 1200-1500, but those other games are all selling for good money these days (2K+) and I think that's the right price for what they offer the player.

How about Fireball classic, Mr/Ms pac man, Harlem Globetrotters, and Medusa? I think those games are fun as hell and they're all half the cost of any game in this thread thus far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 10.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 199.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
$ 10.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-undervalued-machines/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.