677435B3-E5D2-4315-A526-70B7BFEB2D96 (resized).jpeg
1A56404D-2D97-4D47-9E00-216D408EDDEB (resized).jpeg
09B43429-11AA-457E-BA21-6A71C44A96D1 (resized).jpeg
9524AFEF-32A2-4CA6-BB38-76D422C1A87A (resized).jpeg
3F54F92F-C213-428A-99A9-9C2DDAD6CF8F (resized).jpeg
8C26DB1E-BFFB-4E59-9434-742F0604670C (resized).jpeg
89A4755A-0984-4754-9073-DEEB0B2687B0 (resized).jpeg
11A936EE-F62C-4FE3-A743-45126E50E6B0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

So I watched a video the other day created by Zach with SDTM. (Zach is a terrific guy by the way). And it was a top ten list of the most overrated games.
We’ll it got me thinking…….. What is the most underrated games out there right now?
We’ll I’ve owned about 180 games in the last 7 years, so I move a lot of games because I love to play.
I currently have 2 games for you that I really enjoy for different reasons but I feel are very underrated imho.
One is a game I enjoy playing by myself. The other is my favorite gambling game with my buddies.
1. Game of Thrones. I ended up buying this game again. Very challenging to get to the wizard mode but achievable and has alot of multiballs. I personally really like the upper playfield and the mini wizard mode is certainly achievable by anyone. Absolutely love the sounds, especially Blackwater Multiball yelled out loud by The Hound! It’s terrific to play at home by yourself. Ball times are longer but not Lord of The Rings long. Look up the rules before you jump in. It’s worth it. Choose house Tyrell! It’s adds a ball to extend your multiball!
This is a game that you should play alot by yourself to memorize the shots. If you don’t, you just end up banging posts because the fan layout is so much closer to the flippers than most games. But once you have the shots down, (especially hitting the center shot on the move) it becomes alot of fun.
2. Dolly by Bally. This by far my favorite gambling game with my pinball buddies. Be sure to set the tilt very tight. This makes the game so frustrating yet so addictive. Spelling D-O-L-L-Y P-A-R-T-O-N is very difficult With the tilt tight and makes the ball times so short that you keep coming back for more. Your score really cranks up when you crank through the in line drop targets and raise your multipliers but they don’t rollover to the next ball which I love. They’re reasonably priced and worth buying if you enjoy playing dollar games with your buddies.

What’s your most underrated games?????

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The walking dead. Seriously why is this game not top 5?

Okay yeah. I have to agree with this statement. The only reason I can come up with is the theme maybe?
The code on that game is so spectacular that once you learn the strategy, it’s amazing.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

People love to hate Johnny Mnemonic, and I really enjoy playing it, so that’s my vote.

Love JM. I’ve owned 2 of them! Those ramps are so fast! And that wizard mode, when sections of the playfield lighting shut down is badass. Just love the B movie cult theme classic too.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Stern Playboy - such a fun flowy shooter.
After that… BKSOR; knows exactly what it wants to be and is.
After that, TWD; really another masterpiece other than artwork.

Stern Playboy?? No kidding. Never owned one. I’ll have to pick one up.

#16 2 years ago

Edit: Oh, and a dialed Ghostbusters

I agree with all your picks!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Maverick. Still the best kept DMD secret. Can still get one in the low $2000s. It is such a hard game to get to the Wizard Mode but never ever feels like a chore when you try. Tons of drops it's a shooters delight. Love it!

Fun game. The only thing I didn’t like was my ball would get stuck on that set of 3 drop targets in the middle of the playfield when the targets were down.

#20 2 years ago

Edit: Oh, and a dialed Ghostbusters

You encapsulated BSOR perfectly! Very underrated and has its own distinct personality.

#21 2 years ago

I only put my favorite two pins up in my office, away from the rest![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well it certainly isn’t hard on the eyes. Heyohhhhh!!!

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If TWD got a comic book overlay it would sell a LOT. The art package is just too ugly/gross. Turns lots of people off, which is a shame since it is a ridiculously great game. Top 3 for me, and I'm not a fan of horror at all.

That would be an amazing reskin and I would be a buyer for sure.
I bought the Star Wars cartoon edition for the same reason. Love the artwork, it’s killer.

#24 2 years ago

Well that's a first! My tastes are not the norm and are eccentric, and I'll rate pins I own good and badly. For example, have Mando, will never leave cause the family loves it due to the theme, whereas I kind of hate it; my lowest rated game.

I don’t hate Mando and I don’t love it. Still needs a little more with code IMO. And a little more playing time. Not ready to pass judgement on it yet.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Baywatch is one of the most underrated imo

Agreed. I’ve always thought this was one of the “biggie bang for the buck” games you could buy. And now that there’s a color dmd for it, it makes even more enjoyable. The timed modes themselves are longer than normal so you really have to concentrate to complete all modes.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Baywatch is one of the most underrated imo

Agreed.

#47 2 years ago

The code on this game is fantastic and most people are not aware how great it really is unless you play a lot of games. Very balanced scoring.
Not the most aesthetically pleasing with cheap toys but who cares.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Your Mando must be setup like shit. Herb and I setup his Mando at the bar and it was a first run shipment and the thing has flow for days. Out of the box you can backhand the large encounters ramp, and backhand the scope shot. Can’t believe you think it bricks!?! In the words of Skull/Steve Richie, play better!
JM has flow for days, and people who say it drains out the pops need learn how to nudge and slap save lol.
These must be the folks who play exclusively 5 ball, unlimited ball save
Caveman, bought it for shits and giggles, got tons of hate and trash talking at the show, then people played the hell out of it for 2 days straight, nearly 300 plays. Even the veteran players would play multiple games for 30 minutes and swear the whole time!
Hardbody is a fantastic game and it doesn’t make a bit of sense why it’s in the bottom 5!(#358) games on Pinside!
Hollywood Heat is shallow but for what it is, it’s fun and cheap, deserves to be a pretty mid-rated game.
Orbitor 1 actually sold well when it came out, but history has forgotten that, mainly due to incorrect assumptions. More people need to learn and understand how to play it and they’d enjoy it.
Night Moves has been underrated forever, as the greatest cocktail ever made and a lot of pinball in a small package.

Great recommendations!
Never owned a Hardbody or played it. Now I want to pick one up. Solid!!

Agreed on JM. Game has crazy smooth and fast ball flow. Super 5 star underrated.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Great recommendations!
Never owned a Hardbody or played it. Now I want to pick one up. Solid!!
Agreed on JM. Game has crazy smooth and fast ball flow. Super 5 star underrated.

Obviously the strategy if you’re just going for point is to lite up the Chinese throwing star and advance to light spinner/millions. Activate that. And then crank the spinner but it’s also a fun strategy to try and complete all the modes and start Power Down. It’s kick ass!

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Another vote for Baywatch, the theme kills this pin's rating. It has so much packed into it, 4 flippers (one with a shark fin on it), 4 ramps, 2 vuks, drop targets, a physical ball lock (which I turn off because I love the mini orbit it creates), standup targets, pops, upper control gate (that creates an orbit that reminds me of the orbit on Deadpool Premium), a spinner, a upper right ball launch to the upper left flipper, and left outlane kickback, a wonderfully large DMD with video modes, and to top it off Chads 4.01 code makes it even better...so underrated.

You know it’s funny because if Stern released a game and just gave a description of what you listed above BUT did not tell you the name of the title, you would be super excited as to how loaded the game actually is!! 5 star super underrated!!

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I think its funny mentioning a game from the top 100 and saying they are underated.

It’s all relative though right?? Meaning, you could have a game that’s ranked number 95 but someone feels it should be in the top 5.

When I created this thread, i wasn’t talking about actual rankings. I was talking specifically about the game play/code and some other amenities.
It’s all good either way though.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks for the kind words kklank! Not sure if you seen our other video on top underrated but interested to see your thoughts.

You’re welcome Zach. I did not see that video.
But I will add this. I actually believe imho, that BBB is very underrated in terms of game play! Lol.
To each his own.
Best wishes.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For as much as I have lost playing Dolly I could own 3. It’s a love/hate relationship. Would have to include Dr Who and Ripleys to the list as a great value for a always fun shooting game with an understandable rule set.

I forgot about Doctor Who!
5 star super underrated!!!

#153 2 years ago

So far the standouts seem to be:

1. Baywatch
2. Hardbody
3. Black Knight Sword of Rage

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Hardbody is great. The game is fun to play and the art is so bad that it's good. So cheesy it gets a pass. It's very similar to Bally BMX.

Ya know, BMX is severely underrated as well. Good point.
The problem with BMX is that there aren’t many of them around.
Very Collectable. A lot of fun.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

In terms of gameplay I don’t think the Beatles gets enough credit for how fast and fun it is. I can also explain the whole game to someone in 30 seconds which adds to it being my favorite modern game for multiplayer games. The repeatable looping orbit shot and the spinners are pure sex.

Great pick Chisox. Ya know I was kind of upset when Stern was going to reskin Seawitch but Stern did an amazing job with the Beatles. It’s just a blast to play.
It’s one of the reasons I went forward with the Haggis Fathom purchase.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-underrated-game?tu=kklank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.