677435B3-E5D2-4315-A526-70B7BFEB2D96 (resized).jpeg
1A56404D-2D97-4D47-9E00-216D408EDDEB (resized).jpeg
09B43429-11AA-457E-BA21-6A71C44A96D1 (resized).jpeg
9524AFEF-32A2-4CA6-BB38-76D422C1A87A (resized).jpeg
3F54F92F-C213-428A-99A9-9C2DDAD6CF8F (resized).jpeg
8C26DB1E-BFFB-4E59-9434-742F0604670C (resized).jpeg
89A4755A-0984-4754-9073-DEEB0B2687B0 (resized).jpeg
11A936EE-F62C-4FE3-A743-45126E50E6B0 (resized).jpeg
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 2 years ago

I'll add my vote for Stern Playboy. I have owned it for a decade and still love the game.
Terry.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Your Mando must be setup like shit. Herb and I setup his Mando at the bar and it was a first run shipment and the thing has flow for days. Out of the box you can backhand the large encounters ramp, and backhand the scope shot. Can’t believe you think it bricks!?! In the words of Skull/Steve Richie, play better!
JM has flow for days, and people who say it drains out the pops need learn how to nudge and slap save lol.
These must be the folks who play exclusively 5 ball, unlimited ball save
Caveman, bought it for shits and giggles, got tons of hate and trash talking at the show, then people played the hell out of it for 2 days straight, nearly 300 plays. Even the veteran players would play multiple games for 30 minutes and swear the whole time!
Hardbody is a fantastic game and it doesn’t make a bit of sense why it’s in the bottom 5!(#358) games on Pinside!
Hollywood Heat is shallow but for what it is, it’s fun and cheap, deserves to be a pretty mid-rated game.
Orbitor 1 actually sold well when it came out, but history has forgotten that, mainly due to incorrect assumptions. More people need to learn and understand how to play it and they’d enjoy it.
Night Moves has been underrated forever, as the greatest cocktail ever made and a lot of pinball in a small package.

You have a lot pent up; let it all out sir. Have a nice day!

#53 2 years ago

Skateball!

Such a simple, classic game. Such great flow (esp. for the era) and mindless FUN!

Jam it in-between JP2 and AIQ and feel your BP go down about 60 points...

#54 2 years ago

Stern Stars- one of the best classic sterns at a fraction of the cost!

Avatar- beautiful looking machine with great call outs and a rule set that is hard but doable. Final battle is fun.

T3- shoot here and here. Flows really well. Red mode is fantastic as is blitz. Set the rules to hard. Good flow. I wouldn’t want as much only pin. But it has grown on me for a larger collection.

#55 2 years ago

If going by pinside ratings, Champion Pub, currently #83

#56 2 years ago

Hardbody is a fantastic game and it doesn’t make a bit of sense why it’s in the bottom 5!(#358) games on Pinside!

Agree 100%

9524AFEF-32A2-4CA6-BB38-76D422C1A87A (resized).jpeg9524AFEF-32A2-4CA6-BB38-76D422C1A87A (resized).jpeg

#57 2 years ago

One I played recently that I believe deserves way more love is Oktoberfest. Game is absolutely packed with mechs, all the shots were smooth on the one I played, the gimmicks of the modes and humor were unique and fun, and the playfield was the nicest ive ever seen. Everything just seemed so well thought out.

Maybe people just hate the theme I guess, but I really think it deserves more love.

Also I picked up a walking dead LE recently and find it comical it ranks so low, not that it means anything.

#58 2 years ago

Your Mando must be setup like shit. Herb and I setup his Mando at the bar and it was a first run shipment and the thing has flow for days. Out of the box you can backhand the large encounters ramp, and backhand the scope shot. Can’t believe you think it bricks!?! In the words of Skull/Steve Richie, play better!
JM has flow for days, and people who say it drains out the pops need learn how to nudge and slap save lol.
These must be the folks who play exclusively 5 ball, unlimited ball save
Caveman, bought it for shits and giggles, got tons of hate and trash talking at the show, then people played the hell out of it for 2 days straight, nearly 300 plays. Even the veteran players would play multiple games for 30 minutes and swear the whole time!
Hollywood Heat is shallow but for what it is, it’s fun and cheap, deserves to be a pretty mid-rated game.
Orbitor 1 actually sold well when it came out, but history has forgotten that, mainly due to incorrect assumptions. More people need to learn and understand how to play it and they’d enjoy it.
Night Moves has been underrated forever, as the greatest cocktail ever made and a lot of pinball in a small package.

Great recommendations!
Never owned a Hardbody or played it. Now I want to pick one up. Solid!!

Agreed on JM. Game has crazy smooth and fast ball flow. Super 5 star underrated.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Great recommendations!
Never owned a Hardbody or played it. Now I want to pick one up. Solid!!
Agreed on JM. Game has crazy smooth and fast ball flow. Super 5 star underrated.

Obviously the strategy if you’re just going for point is to lite up the Chinese throwing star and advance to light spinner/millions. Activate that. And then crank the spinner but it’s also a fun strategy to try and complete all the modes and start Power Down. It’s kick ass!

#60 2 years ago

24 is underrated. Steve Richie, Lyman Sheats and team never really finished the game

#61 2 years ago

Most bingos.

#62 2 years ago

I think its funny mentioning a game from the top 100 and saying they are underated.

#63 2 years ago

Another vote for Baywatch, the theme kills this pin's rating. It has so much packed into it, 4 flippers (one with a shark fin on it), 4 ramps, 2 vuks, drop targets, a physical ball lock (which I turn off because I love the mini orbit it creates), standup targets, pops, upper control gate (that creates an orbit that reminds me of the orbit on Deadpool Premium), a spinner, a upper right ball launch to the upper left flipper, and left outlane kickback, a wonderfully large DMD with video modes, and to top it off Chads 4.01 code makes it even better...so underrated.

#64 2 years ago

Last action hero
Stern nascar

#65 2 years ago

Wipeout - Love the ski theme with fully functional ski lift and ski slop. The rule set is bit simple, but there are a couple of modes that give you a bit of a challenging. Really love the music and comical one liners.

Black Knight: SoR - Throw another vote to this overlooked gem.

#66 2 years ago

Vacation America

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Another vote for Baywatch, the theme kills this pin's rating. It has so much packed into it, 4 flippers (one with a shark fin on it), 4 ramps, 2 vuks, drop targets, a physical ball lock (which I turn off because I love the mini orbit it creates), standup targets, pops, upper control gate (that creates an orbit that reminds me of the orbit on Deadpool Premium), a spinner, a upper right ball launch to the upper left flipper, and left outlane kickback, a wonderfully large DMD with video modes, and to top it off Chads 4.01 code makes it even better...so underrated.

You know it’s funny because if Stern released a game and just gave a description of what you listed above BUT did not tell you the name of the title, you would be super excited as to how loaded the game actually is!! 5 star super underrated!!

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I think its funny mentioning a game from the top 100 and saying they are underated.

It’s all relative though right?? Meaning, you could have a game that’s ranked number 95 but someone feels it should be in the top 5.

When I created this thread, i wasn’t talking about actual rankings. I was talking specifically about the game play/code and some other amenities.
It’s all good either way though.

#69 2 years ago

Elvira's House of Horrors is underrated.

But it can definitely have mechanical problems. Optos connected with one screw instead of two easily go out of alignment, the VUK is out of alignment from the factory (one or more of various fixes may be needed), trouble with the house rejecting clean shots in the front door, problems with the gar-goils either coming apart or not triggering, problems with the crypt mech positions, and screws (which can be hard to access) loosening on the crate. Not to mention the precise setup/leveling required in order to make the skill shot.

But when everything is working properly, then Lyman's masterful coding, the light show on the beautiful haunted mansion, Freres' fine artwork, and the horror movie clips and original Elvira video on the LCD make this game spectacular.

#70 2 years ago

Nobody has mentioned The Hobbit , that's how underrated it is .

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Nobody has mentioned The Hobbit , that's how underrated it is .

That’s one way to look at it. The other way is that even in its current position, it’s overrated.

#72 2 years ago

I don't see anything on page 4 of the 'Top 100' list that I'm in any rush to play again. Generally, the ratings seem accurate to me...once they settle.

#73 2 years ago

Twd is a top game. If you feel otherwise, Id get a covid test.

#74 2 years ago

For as much as I have lost playing Dolly I could own 3. It’s a love/hate relationship. Would have to include Dr Who and Ripleys to the list as a great value for a always fun shooting game with an understandable rule set.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

Twd is a top game. If you feel otherwise, Id get a covid test.

Cuz you don't have any taste! Heyooooooo

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Cuz you don't have any taste! Heyooooooo

People hated the weird playfield layout originally. I played that game so much on location. Disro was unboxing every new game available at the time also to that same location. Always found myself back at twd.

Maybe I’m just a good player?

Update - we love the same games, so I see now I missed the original joke.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

It’s all relative though right?? Meaning, you could have a game that’s ranked number 95 but someone feels it should be in the top 5.
When I created this thread, i wasn’t talking about actual rankings. I was talking specifically about the game play/code and some other amenities.
It’s all good either way though.

Oh, I would rename it underappreciated then.
That can be relative though since its opinion. People in Germany say love Baywatch but not Canada. Hard to say without looking at the ratings? Carry on.

#78 2 years ago

Why are people bringing up the Walking Dead , everyone loves it , and everyone says how it is a code masterpiece .

#79 2 years ago

No Fear is in my top 5 Ritchie games and I rarely hear it talked about. The theme is dumb but the game feels great and has so much to do.

#80 2 years ago

BKSOR already mentioned several times, and I’ll add my vote. I don’t know what it is exactly (maybe it’s triggering memories of childhood when I played the original BK until my fingers practically bled), but the game just absolutely fires on all cylinders. Literally everything is spot-on for my particular preferences: shots, flow, game objectives, lighting, artwork, playfield features, sound (the Anthrax AND cinematic music options are both perfect for the game), imagery, EPIC topper, and theme - to me it’s just the quintessential “Webster’s” definition of “pinball machine” (along with MM and TOM), and it’s the one game I’d want if I found myself marooned on the proverbial desert isle.

I’d also cast a vote for Cactus Jack’s: pure lighthearted kitsch, and really fun to play.

#81 2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words @kklank! Not sure if you seen our other video on top underrated but interested to see your thoughts.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Its cool. We don't have to agree. I'd personally kick off MB, TMNT, TBL, and Stranger Things. Not saying those games are bad, I just prefer SW over them. I'm sure that by listing some games, I'll take some rage, but again there's no requirement that we have to have identical tastes.

I agree with stranger things not deserving to be better. It sure seems like tmnt is sliding in popularity like nothing I've ever seen. I havent gotten the chance to play it yet, but it certainly LOOKS cool. I think MB is over rated, but still an amazing machine.

It is a fun subject to think about.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why are people bringing up the Walking Dead , everyone loves it , and everyone says how it is a code masterpiece .

Because it is always ranked in the 30s when it sure as hell doesn't belong there.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Because it is always ranked in the 30s when it sure as hell doesn't belong there.

I agree that it should be in the 50s or 60s but because it's in the thirties proves that it is overrated .

#85 2 years ago

Stern Rolling Stones by a mile

#86 2 years ago

Jungle Lord & Alien Poker

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stern Rolling Stones by a mile

Snoring stones is forgotten for a reason

#88 2 years ago

Hobbit - It’s the lowest ranked JJP. Laughable. People that own the game know it’s worth. It’s a top 5 for me.

Fish Tales - Challenging and fun game. Awesome call outs. Arguably the best video mode ever. It’s a top ten for me.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Hobbit - It’s the lowest ranked JJP. Laughable. People that own the game know it’s worth. It’s a top 5 for me.
Fish Tales - Challenging and fun game. Awesome call outs. Arguably the best video mode ever. It’s a top ten for me.

Is this me posting under another name ? Couldn't agree more , 1000 thumbs up
Edit and he has a jjp GNR , it must be me

#90 2 years ago

Transformers is very much underrated in my opinion. It's a really nice flowy layout, and also just fun to play.
Popeye is also awesome.

#91 2 years ago

I don't believe in over or under rated - you just like something more than someone else. And that's fine.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks for the kind words kklank! Not sure if you seen our other video on top underrated but interested to see your thoughts.

You’re welcome Zach. I did not see that video.
But I will add this. I actually believe imho, that BBB is very underrated in terms of game play! Lol.
To each his own.
Best wishes.

#93 2 years ago

I feel like anything in the top 100 can't be Most underrated, it's on the board.. underrated in my mind is a gem lost to obscurity in the 100+ rankings or unranked.
Edit: "Most Underrated"

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Nobody has mentioned The Hobbit , that's how underrated

I agree that it should be in the 50s or 60s but because it's in the thirties proves that it is overrated .

You've lost your mind.

#95 2 years ago

Party Animal. Period. No debate.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For as much as I have lost playing Dolly I could own 3. It’s a love/hate relationship. Would have to include Dr Who and Ripleys to the list as a great value for a always fun shooting game with an understandable rule set.

See, Doctor Who, to me, is a top five pin. Now understand I know it isnt everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely adore the game. Just the perfect amount of depth for me.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

See, Doctor Who, to me, is a top five pin. Now understand I know it isnt everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely adore the game. Just the perfect amount of depth for me.

It's a bit shallow, but the who combo... Man, it's like the BEST combo in pinball, or at least top 3. The Sonic boom with the sound cranked... Wow!

Then you have, y'know, the coolest 3-level platform toy.

Great game. Wish the video mode was random and each doctor did something more significant.

#98 2 years ago

Hot firebirds is underrated.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's a bit shallow, but the who combo... Man, it's like the BEST combo in pinball, or at least top 3. The Sonic boom with the sound cranked... Wow!
Then you have, y'know, the coolest 3-level platform toy.
Great game. Wish the video mode was random and each doctor did something more significant.

See, this guy gets it! I think a few doctors are more important than others for sure. Doctor 4 is sorta worthless. But those shots are so satisfying to hit.

#100 2 years ago

The Avengers and F14. They’re 154 and 155 which is ridiculously low.

Don’t think I’ve seen any game suffer more from early, resolvable issues and group think on Pinside than The Avengers. When dialed in it has some extremely satisfying shots (especially ripping the BW spinner ramp), one of the best toys in pinball and some unique rules. Far from perfect but highly underrated.

I was really surprised to see how low F14 is rated. It’s a classic that’s hard to find fault with IMO. Just hard to find one in good cosmetic and mechanical condition that plays as intended.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-underrated-game/page/2?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.