Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by louknees
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Just curious on opinions as we have been down this road before though everyone wants to know what the best underrated game and people usually say normal games that we all have played or games rated in the top 100

For me I quite enjoy Austin Powers. I've heard players love WPT and Sharkey's Shootout. I also like Big Buck Hunter quite a bit.

So the question is what else is a true players game that is overlooked by many.

My answer may be Austin Powers as it has a similar layout to that of Iron Man.

#2 11 years ago

WPT and Sharky's i find both to be fun games. Austin Powers is not my favorite.

Baywatch, and for an older game Special Force. Special Force is a good player, with good rules, and brutally difficult.

#3 11 years ago

Just looking through the list and forgot about this gem Transporter the Rescue

#4 11 years ago

Dr. Dude

#5 11 years ago

Didn't even know there was a top 100 until this. Looked up above and there it is!! Duh : ) It would be easy for me, Gottlieb Spirit.

#6 11 years ago

"Radical" Rocks, should be higher than 140, like 80 or so. I guess most players have not played one because of low producton numbers.

#7 11 years ago

Rollergames is definitely up there as well. Its rated super low for such a great game.

I'm interested because I want to find some of these games and play them.

#8 11 years ago

Jackbot deserves to be top 100. Way better than Pinbot, rule-wise

#9 11 years ago

Agree on Dr. Dude and Rollergames

Also:
    Big Hurt
    Flash
    Tons of EMs...

--Luke

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Jackbot deserves to be top 100. Way better than Pinbot, rule-wise

I like Jackbot a lot, but I like Pinbot even more.

--Luke

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighNoon:

Tons of EMs...
    --Luke

Oh wait...I just realized that there is an EM top 100 on Pinside. Hadn't seen that before. Cool!

--Luke

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighNoon:

I like Jackbot a lot, but I like Pinbot even more.
    --Luke

I like Pinbot better in every way other than the rules. I think they are both underrated, to be honest.

#13 11 years ago

WWF Royal Rumble?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

"Radical" Rocks, should be higher than 140, like 80 or so. I guess most players have not played one because of low producton numbers.

totally rad..

#15 11 years ago

Star Gazer

#16 11 years ago

I have to say Secret Service. Its Flash with a ramp and a lot of fun to play.

#17 11 years ago

Any love for WOF?

#18 11 years ago

Yes. Very under-rated imo. Gets knocks for unfinished code and the theme. The theme is very well integrated with some brilliant rules by Keefer and a unique, old-school layout by Nordman. Everyone screams for something different and that's what Stern delivered with WoF.

#19 11 years ago

Stern Stars or Maverick.

#21 11 years ago

Swords of Fury

#22 11 years ago

Waterworld
    Johnny Mnemonic

#23 11 years ago

WWFRR

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Waterworld
    Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny is #68 (just picked one up yesterday!)

I'd add CSI to this list. Great Lawlor pin, good rules (reminds me a lot of my IM) and hard to beat the multiballs. Most people rate it down because they don't like the idea of a TV series getting a pin.

#25 11 years ago

Nordman seems to always deliver on the something different.

Look at his games

DM, SS, WH20, BBH, WOF etc.., all are dramatically different than what came before them. With the exception of EATPM vs SS

#27 11 years ago

Agreed for WPT.

For older games, some of the Zaccarias are great, even if most Generation 2 Zaccarias have no multiball. My friends who are tournament players loved challenges on my BlackBelt (now gone...).

#28 11 years ago

oh yes...

TX- Sector!

tx tx tx tx tx tx tx

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Nordman seems to always deliver on the something different.
    Look at his games
    DM, SS, WH20, BBH, WOF etc.., all are dramatically different than what came before them. With the exception of EATPM vs SS

BBH is not Nordman. That's Borg.

#30 11 years ago

I had a good time playing Apollo 13.

#31 11 years ago

WPT and A13 have been mentioned. I agree with both of those

#32 11 years ago

Sorcerer

#33 11 years ago

Sorry Dennis did not do BBH forgot that was Borg

He did POTC though and that's a bit different

#34 11 years ago

Fireball 2 . Rare only 2300 made. Really like this pin for an early 80s . 3 sets of drop down targets , 3 flippers, 3 bumpers, 2 capture holes and multiball. Middle post that can kick out and save ball. Cool sound ,great art work . Shit what more can u ask for

#35 11 years ago

Clicked on thread to say this.

#36 11 years ago

Devil's Dare. The art alone should have it on there. I also think Riverboat gambler is better than a few at the bottom of that list.

#37 11 years ago

Rollergames. Give it a popular theme and I bet the rating would be quite different. Myself, I love the cheesiness!

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Rollergames is definitely up there as well. Its rated super low for such a great game.
    I'm interested because I want to find some of these games and play them.

Rollergames gets mentioned often in "under rated" discussions. Is there a cheaper game that still gives a solid Steve Ritchie experience?

I just picked one up, I'm excited to get it running and try it out.

#40 11 years ago

Checkpoint. First DMD.

#41 11 years ago

bad cats and party zone are out of pinside's top 100. Both of those are nice games

#42 11 years ago

Hurricane and NASCAR.

#43 11 years ago

Skateball, Seawitch. Both are better than a few of the top 20 imo, let alone top 100.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Hurricane and Nascar.

Sarcasm?

#46 11 years ago

Looks like the list could go to 125, easily.

#47 11 years ago

Nope, I really like them. Neither is in top 100.

#48 11 years ago

Lots of really good games that aren't in the top 100 but should be, have been mentioned, but a couple really stood out to me.

Joker Poker is a fantastic game, really should be top 50 IMO, and was really surprised to see Space Shuttle down so low too.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Checkpoint. First DMD.

Indeed. Hell, that game is currently ranked at 205.

Jackbot and Firepower should certainly be in the top 100.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-underated-players-game-not-in-the-top-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.