Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

World-Poker-Tour_0002_Upper-Playfield.jpg
darkcorruption_27aa4695126cbc6e477fa1567b1c0240.gif
butterfly.jpg
viking_shot.jpg
done_one.jpg
100_0033.JPG
100_0112.JPG

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Any shot on The Shadow!

#52 5 years ago

Hate to admit it but the million shot on Taxi gives me fits at times!!! Also the upper right saucer shot, and upper lefth loop shot are very difficult to hit on Star Race.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hate to admit it but the million shot on Taxi gives me fits at times!!! Also the upper right saucer shot, and upper lefth loop shot are very difficult to hit on Star Race.

Taxi is a game greater than the sum of its parts. It is filled with satisfying shots. Dat "thunk" when you hit the lock shot on the right....bam. The 1 then 2 shots during multiball especially just before the time out with the music intensifying. Of course the timed jackpot on the Gorbie shot. When everything is set up and you nail a jackpot with the music going, bell ringing, topper flashing, and lights strobing is an awesome pinball experience. So simple, but genius.

#54 5 years ago

Inverted right ramp shot on Tales From the Crypt always makes me feel good. Especially when you can manage to do it several times in a row. I also like the combo shot on Whirlwind.

#55 5 years ago

I really like the "Cut the Cards" shot on WPT. It's nothing fancy, but I'm hard pressed to come up with a longer straight shot on any machine.

#56 5 years ago

Picard Maneuver for sure.

#57 5 years ago

TAF's four-way combo. Extremely rare. Extremely satisfying.

#58 5 years ago

I always think the answer along the lines of "x when lit for y" is always a cop-out. You're telling me if a Street Fighter II gobble hole was lit for a bajillion points, it would suddenly not feel like ass to shoot? Making a shot that satisfies takes so much more brilliance than coding a high point value on an otherwise normal shot. It should be a shot that you'd try to shoot for even if it were worth nothing.

Shots that feel that way to me would be

Whirlwind side ramp
Addams Family chair "thunk"
Camera on TZ - bonus for not raising the left flipper
Behind the flipper shot on Nugent (feels better than ST, WoZ, and SM)
Bridge on BK2K. On the one I play, the feed from the loop to the flipper is really difficult to shoot into the lock. It usually takes a hop from the WAR lane posts to get a nice setup for the lock. The moment the ball bounces up and touches the flipper, time seems to slow way down and then you smash the flipper button to loop it up the ramp.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from appeac:

I always think the answer along the lines of "x when lit for y" is always a cop-out.

It's a combination thing. The mouse hole on Mousin' Around always feels good to hit.. but when it's maxed out at 5,000,000 for jackpot? It's downright awesome!

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's a combination thing. The mouse hole on Mousin' Around always feels good to hit.. but when it's maxed out at 5,000,000 for jackpot? It's downright awesome!

Exactly! The right orbit -> piano shot on TZ is a fun combo to hit, but it's even more fun if the piano is lit for a big jackpot.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I like the million point shot into Rudy's open mouth on Funhouse.

I second that

#62 5 years ago

Jagermeister is my favorite shot followed by tequila

#63 5 years ago

Captured ball on Tom was a great shot. Love the clank sound, very satisfying.
But now I've got TZ, I'm finding any shot is very satisfying!

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Jagermeister is my favorite shot followed by tequila

That's a nasty chaser!

#65 5 years ago

One of my favourites is on Whirlwind. Following a soft plunge to the flippers, you can swipe all 3 skill shot targets, granting you all of the skill shots AND the swipe bonus.

That's a good way to make sure you get at least 700.000 in that ball!

#66 5 years ago

Monster Fish!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

ST Warp ramp shot.

You mean the warp ramp shot when you hit it like 4-5+ times in a row? oh yeah!

#68 5 years ago

Hitting the lit spinner on Flash is incredibly satisfying to me. It never gets old.

#69 5 years ago

1) Hitting the TRON targets on the left to activate DOUBLE SCORING while the ball caroms into Gem. Even better if during Quorra MB or when GEM is active. Suh-weet!!!

2) Activating Kobayashi Maru MB - Star Trek.

3) Any shot during Sea of Simulation - TRON.

4) Dorothy Escapes - WOZ

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

You mean the warp ramp shot when you hit it like 4-5+ times in a row? oh yeah!

Yeah! I got 6 in a row the other day. Felt great!!!

#71 5 years ago

My fav three are:

Picard Maneuver
Funhouse Multiball start
Twilight Zone lock shot

Also any shot that leaves a spinner spinning for a few seconds. Always feels good.

#72 5 years ago

Hitting the billion point shot in BoP is amazing. The work it takes to get there puts some pressure on you to make it count. It's awesome. Not sure if it's the best, but it's on the short list.

#73 5 years ago

Congo volcano ramp does it for me.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Radical! Bust-A-Move ramp. Totally hard to hit, but satisfying.

+1

and

Dr. Dude Gift of Gab

#75 5 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm new so please be gentle. Getting the doodle bug going at 10,000 per,on love bug has to be right up there.

#76 5 years ago

TAF's Left ramp double jackpot. Only just enough on it to make the shot within the 1-2 second grace period of multiball finishing. In by a whisker!

#77 5 years ago

The money shot is very satisfying.

darkcorruption_27aa4695126cbc6e477fa1567b1c0240.gif

#79 5 years ago

-hitting rudy in the face. every time.
-ES jackpot shot or shelter multiball re-start.

#80 5 years ago

Three come to mind.

1. Hitting the "million dollar shot" on NBA fast break is a great feeling, it is timed and keeps you in the game.

2. Guile shot on SF2. It is tucked away all the way in the back and takes an extremely precise shot to nail it.

3. Getting the last jump shot on the upper playfield on Banzai Run. Takes some work just to get there and that mini flipper is intimidating.

#81 5 years ago

NGG hole in one for a super jackpot.

Shooting the ring to destroy the ring in LOTR--specifically when you have the game configured to use a 2 ball 'multiball' such that the first ball is hovering in the ring and must be knocked out by the second ball.

#82 5 years ago

50mil on gilligans

#83 5 years ago

making the right bridge out ramp from the left flipper through the bumpers on roadshow is good one..

#84 5 years ago

Satellite on Goldeneye....pretty amazing.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from tompallc:

It's time to update this topic and remind ourselves why its the next best thing to... well yea that!
I have been and am still on Comet (and Pinbot) tonight and that dang Million shot surely gets me close to an "O" face.. just sayin'

Nineball 173k shot. Even getting it lit is oh so satisfying.

#86 5 years ago

I'll also vote for destroying the ring in LOTR.

As for normal shots, destroying the saucer in AFM is super satisfying for me every time.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from frg:

There really some nice shots... some EE examples
Fathom... right flipper - lagoon trap, or even better left flipper cove drap target right upper flipper lagoon trap (target) combo
Centaur... right flipper... captive ball to release (after knocking down the inline drops) the balls for multiball
Paragon... right flipper... kick out hole behind the drops... a piece of plastic makes it even harder to get 5x and extra ball
Viking... left flipper (see photo, playfield photo by pinrepair) - for the 5x 49k Bonus - nice! especially when done multiple times

I like that shot...ALOT

#88 5 years ago

Back to back IJ POA shots. Not easy.

4 months later
#89 5 years ago

I am loving the 3X combo shot to the left ramp on World Poker Tour to complete a hand, city, and a mode shot during a mode. This one shot could be worth over 10 million, which is huge points on WPT. Gotta be done at the exact right time, and you get one chance at it. Feels amazing when you get, and it stops the ball so you can take a second to pat yourself on the back.

World-Poker-Tour_0002_Upper-Playfield.jpg
#90 5 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

I am loving the 3X combo shot to the left ramp on World Poker Tour to complete a hand, city, and a mode shot during a mode. This one shot could be worth over 10 million, which is huge points on WPT. Gotta be done at the exact right time, and you get one chance at it. Feels amazing when you get, and it stops the ball so you can take a second to pat yourself on the back.

It's even better when the completed hand is something awesome like a flush!

#91 5 years ago

For me, I love the shot between the pops, up the volcano on Congo. Do it three times and go for the extra ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside