IMG_0134 (resized).JPG
20479713_10155628939023619_1219219928262704554_n (resized).jpg
rockettes (resized).jpg
ghostbuppers (resized).png
Frontier Strategy (resized).png
lightning ball bob herbison (resized).jpg
20170806_212234 (resized).jpg
DSCN2066 (resized).JPG

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

I've always liked the combo shot in TAF-- right lower flipper > the "Adv X" left loop > right upper flipper> up the left ramp to catch the star bonus > thing flipper > swamp.

It's not so hard as to be unattainable, but it's certainly not one that you get often...

#52 6 years ago

Hmm...I'd have to give this quite a bit of thought. On machines I've played quite a bit on, I'd say the Congo volcano ramp is pretty satisfying. The only think keeping it down a bit is that the scoring payoff isn't huge. There are also of jackpot shots that are worth a lot of points. The super jackpot on Fish Tales comes to mind. I think the drop targets on TNA has to also be in the running. It's one of my favorite shots.

20479713_10155628939023619_1219219928262704554_n (resized).jpg20479713_10155628939023619_1219219928262704554_n (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago

I also try for an 8-way TZ combo, on games where the random door panel lit first is TOWN SQUARE MADNESS:

Left ramp, right ramp, piano (starting TSM), left ramp, right ramp, piano (lighting EB on the LOCK shot), left ramp, lock.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The only think keeping it down a bit is that the scoring payoff isn't huge.

Totally agree. Damn it feels good but you're expecting a bit more. I guess it's pretty safe for a Lawlor shot so maybe that's the low points.

#55 6 years ago

Most satisfying shot..

Favorite Em shot - Wizard, when all flags have flipped and then hitting the left orbit into the kick out hole down the right orbit flipping all flags back over. I love that shot!

Favorite Ss shot- hitting mist ball in BSD or hitting Sparky in met. Not so satisfying as it is funny.

Favorite Saturday night shot... Jameson.

IMG_0134 (resized).JPGIMG_0134 (resized).JPG

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

My vote for the most satisfying shot in pinball goes to. . .
. . .releasing the fire gods on 1972 Fireball, a dead-on strike of the messenger ball, the shot emanating from the right 2 inch flipper, releasing both captive balls.
While I have posted this topic in the EM pinball hangout, I do not mean to limit this inquiry to electromechanical games. Nevertheless, I shall maintain consistency by echoing my nomination for the identical shot in 1985 Fireball Classic, from the right 3 inch flipper. I'm wondering which shots stand out to other pinsiders.

I neglected to mention that the messenger ball shot on Fireball and Fireball Classic also activates the ball gate, which redirects the ball to the shooter lane.

Thus, that shot produces a distinctive ball-to-ball impact sound, followed by the messenger ball's impact with the scoring target at the top of the lane, followed by the release of 1 or 2 captive balls, while diverting the right wotan saucer ball back to the shooter lane.

There's a great deal of consequential ball movement and attendant kinetic sound with the shot, apart from point scoring satisfaction.

#57 6 years ago

The last crate shot to activate Monster Multiball in Scared Stiff. Every time, it still feels like the first time

#58 6 years ago

For an EM in my collection it would have to be the left lane shot lit for extra ball on Jolly Roger. Honorable mention for the gobble hole on Frontiersman when lit for the 10 replay extra special.

#59 6 years ago

STTNG. The Picard manoeuver/combo is a pretty satisfying shot.

#60 6 years ago

Since this was an EM thread, I'll limit my response to that. For me, one of the most satisfying shots is shown at about 2:30 in the video below. The game is a Subway. When a pair of rollovers on the same side are lite up, if you send the ball up and it rolls back down the same way, it is worth 400 points, which is about 1/5 of the way to a free ball.

#61 6 years ago

I have to give a 3rd nod to the 'Million' shot in Comet. I'm pretty sure it's the law that if you make it, you have to raise both hands in the air and yell.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from airmech:

I'm pretty sure it's the law that if you make it, you have to raise both hands in the air and yell.

It's really impossible not to.

#63 6 years ago

Mars Trek: Hitting the horseshoe at 50,000 for a free ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-satisfying-shot-in-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.