Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DEN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm curious about what pins you think are the most satisfying shooting pins. For me, the new Star Trek, SM, TWD, and Demo Man have a lot of shots that just feel good to hit...what others?

#2 6 years ago

The bell shot on ACDC.
Trying to hit new shots on a new pin is the orgasm of this hobby.

#3 6 years ago

X-Men feels pretty good when you lock in on the many shots. Whitewater feels nice when you're going for the river shots.

#4 6 years ago

White Water combo shots. Sooooo nice.

#7 6 years ago

Pit Stop seems to be the crowd favorite at my place.

#8 6 years ago

Right ramp on road show is fun to hit. Especially if you get the whole left left right blast zone combo down

#9 6 years ago

Tron feels great all around, but especially when you hit that end of line.

#10 6 years ago

Every single shot on TZ feels great. The orbits, through the pops, both scoops (especially the piano), and both ramps are just great. It's simple, but it's one of my favorite multiball jackpots to hit due to the shot itself and how the machine reacts.

Others that are just great feeling games include: AC/DC, AFM, I500, Congo, DM, Tron (that EOL combo is boss), SM, Seawitch, WH2O, DI, El Dorado, Joker Poker. I could go on, but man, when a machine just feels good, it's a joy.

#11 6 years ago

For me it's scared stiff. Every shot on that game is a blast.

#12 6 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe

#13 6 years ago

Metallica ramps

#14 6 years ago

TSPP. Lots of shots, easy combos.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I'm curious about what pins you think are the most satisfying shooting pins. For me, the new Star Trek, SM, TWD, and Demo Man have a lot of shots that just feel good to hit...what others?

I agree with all of these.

#16 6 years ago

Left ramp on BSD. Or coffin ramp.

#17 6 years ago

The flo of Spiderman is unmatched!
You are Spiderman when you're shots are on.

#18 6 years ago

Dialed in shoots awesome and feels great especially that upper flipper to ramp shot.

#19 6 years ago

Thoughts on IM and GB? I haven't been able to spend much time on them but like them when I played them.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Thoughts on IM and GB? I haven't been able to spend much time on them but like them when I played them.

IM shoots great. GB is on the tight side and tight shots kill flow as you end up with a lot of bricks compared to a smooth game like Star Trek.

#21 6 years ago

Barracora

#22 6 years ago

BSD, once you get that 3X multiball started you can't get enough of it.

#23 6 years ago

Star trek left ramp. Right ramp. Left spinner. Then warp ramp over and over and over. Love it

Also Dr dude gift of gab is a really satisfying 'thunk!' Shot

#25 6 years ago

I like buzzing the tower in Airborne. Very satisfying if you can repeat it a few times: "Permission to buzz the tower?" "That's a negative, I repeat, negative!" *buzz* "Hey, what word did you not understand?" *buzz* "What's your call sign? I'll have your wings for that!"

#26 6 years ago

I love myself some Judge Dredd! Keeping the ball in the upper most part of the playfield, looping the ball around, through the blackout ramp etc. It's tough, and you mostly can't see the ball, but it's hella smooth.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Are these games that you're looking at?

I own a GB, IM, and White Water (which I mentioned earlier).

GB isn't a flowy game. Shots can be satisfying, but it's not really what I'd consider a shooter. The right ramp feels particularly good when you nail it, though. Fun game with great theme integration. Tough game.

IM is a fun and fast game that fights back. Ramps feel good, but not really a shooter. The center spinner during "Do or Die" is an incredible rush when you nail it. Probably my favorite game in my collection. It's also one that good for multiplayer due to the short ball times and easy to understand rules.

As far as satisfying shooters, White Water fits this category much more than GB or IM.

#28 6 years ago

ST:TNG Picard Maneuver
ToM has some great flow and very satisfying shots. The Tiger Saw newton shot just feels good when you hit it dead on.

#29 6 years ago

Stern ST, WH20, Congo, SM, MB, LOTR

#30 6 years ago

Indy 500 Turbo Loop Combo and all the jackpot shots - That game is FAST!!!!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Are these games that you're looking at?

Games I'm interested in. Rules used to be the most important thing to me but I recently had an epiphany that I love Stern Star Trek even though the rules/modes feel a little repetitive to me. I'm having dreams about hitting that warp shot. I'm also really liking hitting the ramps on TWD. So I'm looking for games to try out that have similar satisfying shots.

#32 6 years ago

TOM is already mentioned.

NF, fast, great flow, and almost constantly in a challenge mode.

System 11's with the left ramp / right ramp combos (Taxi, Cyclone, etc)

#33 6 years ago

TAF - Bear kick -> Through the Graveyard ->Jackpot ramp -> Swamp really is a satisfying achievement and can use all 4 flippers

AFM - 5 Way Combo the same and can use all 2 flippers

#34 6 years ago

STLE, SM, GOT, AC/DC, XMEN, TRON

#35 6 years ago

WH20 for sure! SM, MB and INDY500

#36 6 years ago

You know, upon further consideration, I'd put Doctor Who on the short list of amazing shots.

The fly away Dalek targets are a blast and the O shot to complete the booms and Who loops are great.

#37 6 years ago

The Shadow

#38 6 years ago

Yes! Nothing like stringing together multiple ramp shots for Vengeances and Super Vengeances!

Wish I could manage it on someone else's Shadow, though. On my own it's almost easy for me, but on others I can't seem to get the hang of it, and those ramps are shots you do not want to brick.

#39 6 years ago

Spider-Man for me. I think it is just about a perfect layout. I can't help myself going for a four way combo even though I know I shouldn't.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yes! Nothing like stringing together multiple ramp shots for Vengeances and Super Vengeances!
Wish I could manage it on someone else's Shadow, though. On my own it's almost easy for me, but on others I can't seem to get the hang of it, and those ramps are shots you do not want to brick.

I've only played a few Shadows but you are right. Except mine feels more difficult. Tough to get dialed in on shots and you have to be spot on or else ball does not make it up the ramp. Does feel good when you can string together ramp shots and bang the diverters.

#41 6 years ago

Congo vulcano shot through popbumpers.
TZ ball lock shot.
RS ball lock.
HS2 supercharger 3 balls at once.
MM left and right ramp combo on and on.
Sttng: picard.
Wwhind: picard.
Embryon: all captive balls.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-satisfying-shooting-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.