Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TaylorVA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Most satisfying scoop shot”

• Chair on TAF 9 votes
      15%
    • MB drac/ mummy/ multiball centre shot 0 votes
    • TZ piano, camera and slot machine 18 votes
      30%
    • SS spider hole 1 vote
      2%
    • STTNG mode start 14 votes
      23%
    • CFBTL snack bar 3 votes
      5%
    • WCS Tv mode 2 votes
      3%
    • TFTC mode start 4 votes
      7%
    • Other 13 votes
      22%

(Multiple choice - 60 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

greatScott.png
    #1 12 years ago

This generally involves holes without cliffy protectors...

STTNG for me or any game that has a metal flange to guide the ball in the hole like TZ slot machine, CFTBL slot machine etc.

#2 12 years ago

Love that Addams family chair. Great mode start/sound effect/nailed-it feeling combination.

TZ is close second, love hearing that slot machine start rolling and slamming that piano shot.

#3 12 years ago

CFTBL is my favorite!

Love that "snack bar" scoop sound especially when
    the pressure is on to get your 2nd ball back in multiball
    after doing so much work to get it in the 1st place!

DR

#4 12 years ago

Any game with a (traditional) scoop shot via a playfield flipper?

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

TZ is close second, love hearing that slot machine start rolling and slamming that piano shot.

Have to agree with that - double scoop option on TZ. It is pinside's number 2 pin for a reason.

CFTBL scoop shot on the other hand is too straight forward IMO and the payoff is only a 2 ball multiball.

#6 12 years ago

Whirlwind cellar. What is the first game to use a scoop shot?

#7 12 years ago

When it's listed as satisfying, I consider it a semi difficult shot to hit so that you have more of a feeling of victory when it's hit.

I would say whirlwind, but it's not a very hard shot. I give it to TZ but that's still not overly difficult to get the satisfaction of hitting it. I guess satisfying doesn't have to equal difficult, it's just how I interpret it. That said, the white water upper playfield has some satisfying shots.

#8 12 years ago

I gotta go with ST:TNG here. That super-long shot right up the middle is great. I've always loved the sound of the THUD when it hits...so satisfying. Unfortunately that sound isn't quite as solid since adding the subway protector to mine, but it's still there a little (and worth the trade off I guess).

#9 12 years ago

The Machine Bride of Pinbot has a large scoop shot for the roulette wheel. It makes the most satisfying kerthunk sound!

#10 12 years ago

I might say AFM actually. I forgot how damn small that thing is till I saw it again recently.
    TZ Piano is always nice though

#11 12 years ago

Vault shot on Addams, without question. That sound is awesome, and it's a tough shot.

#12 12 years ago

I do love the sound of the ball hitting the putting green scoop on NGG, do not know why that one just does it for me.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

CFTBL scoop shot on the other hand is too straight forward IMO and the payoff is only a 2 ball multiball.

I disagree....It is straight up the middle mostly, but that enables it to be hit from either flipper. And in of itself doesn't start two ball multiball. It can help light the four snack bar targets as one of the letters to complete in F-I-L-M which lights the multiball outerlanes. But you have to hit those to start the multiball. If you drain during multiball, there's a countdown timer for restarting multiball by hitting the snack bar which makes it very rewarding and frantic. Also, the snackbar is one of the tunnels that you have to hit during multiball to find the girl. So, there's many rewards for this straight forward scoop

#14 12 years ago

I voted for TFTC mode start, but I prefer the extra ball shot, do it with the right flipper, it's tough, but very satisfying when you do it!!!

#15 12 years ago

I would have to say AFM's stroke of luck when that is all that's needed to rule the universe.

#16 12 years ago

Ditto, although the SOL shot is so easy during a game, when it really counts I usually choke!

#17 12 years ago

Since the Addams Family electric chair scoop is so close to the flippers the ball often lands with a nice "thump" if you make a clean shot. That's fun.

#18 12 years ago

I would have to say AFM's stroke of luck when that is all that's needed to rule the universe.

Rule the universe?!

greatScott.pnggreatScott.png

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Rule the universe?!

Attachments greatScott.png (128.4 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old

That picture depicts me very well, when I have everything completed and I'm on my last ball and can't hit that damn SOL, then drain. Except it is not "Great Scott" coming out of my mouth!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I gotta go with ST:TNG here. That super-long shot right up the middle is great. I've always loved the sound of the THUD when it hits...so satisfying. Unfortunately that sound isn't quite as solid since adding the subway protector to mine, but it's still there a little (and worth the trade off I guess).

Agreed. Very satisfying shot to make.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Vault shot on Addams, without question. That sound is awesome, and it's a tough shot.

not my favorite game, but that shot is satisfying... when you hear the clunk.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Rule the universe?!

Attachments greatScott.png (128.4 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old

Speaking of which, I Ruled the Universe today! =)

#23 12 years ago

Well SCARED STIFF is one of my favs!!! Fun to shot the right ramp to light the Spider hole.Then to shot the Spider hole. Once you have done that you need to stop the spinning sider on back box to the perk/mode of your choice!! I still have never become Spider Champion. I just can't stop with one fav. CREATURE from the BLACK LAGOON snack bar is kick ass in various aspects

#24 12 years ago

BOP's Jackpot scoop because it was a very difficult and tight shot, at least on my machine. Half the time the ball would bounce around the entrance and not make it all the way up.

#25 12 years ago

I have to go with STTNG on this one.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Yeah wow, ok I change my mind because I forgot about this. This def my fav shot since its relatively hard and sounds and feels great when it goes in. Added to this I have never ever had a reject from that hole like the chair on TAF

#27 12 years ago

I hate Merlin as he hates pinball.

I like TAF TFTC STTNG and AFM.

As for the first three it runs the entire games ruleset through the shot.

AFM I just like starting the martians shaking.

#28 12 years ago

I voted for WCS, the TV shot is hard for me to make with any consistency, so when I do and multiball starts - it's always a good feeling.

Also, WCS has the striker scoop too which is a nice long shot that is pretty satisfying to make

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

This def my fav shot since its relatively hard and sounds and feels great when it goes in.

Nothing like starting quick multiball and smashing 6 or 7 of those shots. Two in rapid succession make the most satisfying sounds! 'Clunk! ... clunk!'

#30 12 years ago

Yep right on smoke, make a shot to the vault, post pass the other ball from right to left, then live catch the ball out of the right scoop and repeat. One of the best shots in pinball.

#31 12 years ago

Not my favorite, but alternating between the Power Shed and Control Room to stack multiple missions was always a fun scoop shot challenge in Jurassic Park.

#32 12 years ago

TFTC because its Borgtastic....thats not a good thing lol.

#33 12 years ago

AFM to start RTU or Vault in TAF to start mb.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-satisfying-scoop-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.