• Latest reply 2 years ago by AJB4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fc2f9ee3b5a05a8f03561a718143668fb187e77c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_1749 (resized).JPG
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I love ramp shots. My pick would be Metallica. Not sure if it's that ramp material but I love not only the feel and the look of those ramps but that rattle sound so good. What are your favs?

#2 6 years ago

I love games with ramps too....... probably the most "satisfying" ramp shot I can think of is hitting the right ramp on AC/DC with Jam,Album, & Tour multiballs all stacked @ once ....... the acrobat shot to the right that flows around & then up & back down the long wire form on C.V always gives me a great feeling as well as its a little hard to make it all the way around on mine sometimes

#3 6 years ago

Agree on the acrobat ramp for CV. That's just a lovely shot that feels great.

#4 6 years ago

Strange Science also has another super satisfying ramp shot when you have 4 locked balls in the atom smasher then hit the first ball locked & it acts as a newton ball setup putting one ball into the Jacobs ladder crossover & if you can get another ball up there onto 3rd flipper & hit the ramp to atom smasher again without draining that is HUGE!!

#5 6 years ago

ST Warp ramp
LOTR Legolas ramp
DI all 3 ramps
XMEN PRO iceman & storm ramps
MET both ramps
SM right ramp
GOT PRO stark ramp

#6 6 years ago

Dirty Harry left ramp for SJ with the gun

#7 6 years ago

If you like the feel of the metal ramps on Metallica, you should give Terminator 3 a shot. Love the sound they make!

#8 6 years ago

GI as it changes through the island, unique and classic.

#9 6 years ago

In a game that punishes you to no end, the leftmost orbit ramp shot on BSD feels smooth and silky. It's the relief from the rest of the dissonant shots in the game. That relief feels great, because for a split second, you're safe from draining.

#10 6 years ago

Stern Star Trek warp ramp. Man when its dialed in and you rep like 5,6,7 of em in a row, what a feeling!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

ST Warp ramp
LOTR Legolas ramp
DI all 3 ramps
XMEN PRO iceman & storm ramps
MET both ramps
SM right ramp
GOT PRO stark ramp

Good call on all these. I would add the Wh20 left waterfall ramp, too.

#12 6 years ago

For me at the moment it's the ramp shot on TSPP that leads up to the upper playfield off the top right flipper. I've always struggled with it on my game and I've been finally hitting it lately.

#13 6 years ago

Flash Gordon- center ramp.

#14 6 years ago

Kiss right ramp. A bitch to hit, but when you do...

#15 6 years ago

Love the upper flipper to ramp shots on dialed in, whirlwind and games like that.... very satisfying especially for super jackpots . Also the right orbit/ramp shot on dialed in just feels really good to hit.

#16 6 years ago

Tales from the Crypt ... Right ramp

#17 6 years ago

IJ, right ramp, especially during jackpot!

#18 6 years ago

I liked the ramp shot on The Getaway, when the supercharger is lit for loops. Ball gets cooking speed-wise and then bam, shoots down the return to the inlane/flipper. Or during supercharger mode when you get one loop, then the return. Bounce the ball over the upheld flipper to the right and repeat a few times in a row was especially fun too.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Agreed. Insanity Falls on White Water is just plain fun.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

This is the correct answer. The thread can now be closed.

#21 6 years ago

Mousin Around, after setting up the shot, the right ramp sends the ball behind the pf in the left side, then spits it out into a wiggly ramp on the right side.

Also when the target sequence is complete and the mini pf drops to allow you the quick upwards loop in the middle.

#22 6 years ago

Also, TOM right ramp when the magnet magnet grabs the ball on the return and drops it into a different return chute.

#23 6 years ago

STTNG left ramp for warp shot....that shot always was a challenge.

#24 6 years ago

I really like the new fork-lift shot, into the hyper-loop, on the Star Wars premium/le. Hard shot, but very satisfying.

#25 6 years ago

First one that came to mind was the right ramp on TOM that you can only shoot by making the left orbit. That just flows amazingly. The center ramp on TOM is also pretty cool.

#26 6 years ago

Congo volcano

#27 6 years ago

Another vote for the Legolas ramp on LOTR. Love how a perfectly solid shot with no energy loss comes screaming back at you. The ball seems to defy the laws of physics (but doesn’t) and I always wonder how it doesn’t go flying off into the glass. Every micrometer of every curve just seems perfectly engineered.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

For me at the moment it's the ramp shot on TSPP that leads up to the upper playfield off the top right flipper. I've always struggled with it on my game and I've been finally hitting it lately.

Agreed. It's barely a ramp but it's such a bitch to hit with any consistency that makes it oh so satisfying.

#29 6 years ago

Another vote for Congo's volcano ramp shot!

#30 6 years ago

Banzai Run is a favorite of mine. I like how this ramp crosses over the entire back of the playfield. The accompanied light show is a piece of pinball perfection.

They don't count as a single shot, but I would also like to mention the ramps and divertors on The Shadow. Very fun to shoot combo's on and still a unique feature after 23+ years. The sound of a ball hitting the metal of these ramps is very unique and instantly recognizable.

#31 6 years ago

Where's all the high praise for the hole in one slam ramp?

Fan of TAF's left ramp for jackpot.

#32 6 years ago

Congo. Volcano.

#33 6 years ago

Star Wars Pro Stern, backhandshot left flipper, left ramp and looping them.

#34 6 years ago

The Banshee ramp on Avatar..

#35 6 years ago

#White Water two way combo feels great to shoot. (Spine Chiller + Insanity falls combo)

#36 6 years ago

Any ramp shot that I actually make.

#37 6 years ago

Road Show bunker shot, Ted shot and Blast Zone are all good!

Gem on Tron.

Spiderman Venom.

#38 6 years ago

Tron right ramp.

Transporter ramp.

Elvis heartbreak hotel is fun.

Titan ramp is cool

#39 6 years ago

Center AFM shot. Dunno but it just feels nice hitting it.

#40 6 years ago

ACDC - Bell shot
LOTR - Ring Shot
Getaway/Shadow - Third Flipper loop champion shot
Iron Man - War Machine shot
Dr Who - Third Flipper loop champion shot
BK2K - Third Flipper loop champion shot
ACDC - Spinner Shot

#42 6 years ago

Oldie but a goodie. High Speed! That thing never gets old.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

If you like the feel of the metal ramps on Metallica, you should give Terminator 3 a shot. Love the sound they make!

Agreed..t3 ramps sound cool and the middle B ramp is way satisfying

#44 6 years ago

A lot of great input. I'll need to check out T3! Getting DI today so will check those out soon! If I remember correctly they did feel very good.

#45 6 years ago

Doctor Who loop ramp - it is tough to get the ball to the upper left flipper, and your shot has to be *perfect* but hitting that loop a couple of times in succession (best I can do is really satisfying. then it is TERROR when the ball breaks free to inevitably drain down the right outlane. This game is a bastard!

#46 6 years ago

The spiral ramp shot in TOTAN has a nice flow to it.

#47 6 years ago

Because I've been playing it a lot lately, I'm going with the mega-million ramp shot on Radical!

#48 6 years ago

BSD, left ramp.

#49 6 years ago

Whirlpool ramp on CFTBL

#50 6 years ago

No one for GB ramps?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Boards
Troxel Repair

16,500 (Firm)
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-satisfying-ramp-shots-in-pinball?hl=tampa12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.