Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by waffen_spain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fc2f9ee3b5a05a8f03561a718143668fb187e77c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_1749 (resized).JPG

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

I love ramp shots. My pick would be Metallica. Not sure if it's that ramp material but I love not only the feel and the look of those ramps but that rattle sound so good. What are your favs?

#2 1 year ago

I love games with ramps too....... probably the most "satisfying" ramp shot I can think of is hitting the right ramp on AC/DC with Jam,Album, & Tour multiballs all stacked @ once ....... the acrobat shot to the right that flows around & then up & back down the long wire form on C.V always gives me a great feeling as well as its a little hard to make it all the way around on mine sometimes

#3 1 year ago

Agree on the acrobat ramp for CV. That's just a lovely shot that feels great.

#4 1 year ago

Strange Science also has another super satisfying ramp shot when you have 4 locked balls in the atom smasher then hit the first ball locked & it acts as a newton ball setup putting one ball into the Jacobs ladder crossover & if you can get another ball up there onto 3rd flipper & hit the ramp to atom smasher again without draining that is HUGE!!

#5 1 year ago

ST Warp ramp
LOTR Legolas ramp
DI all 3 ramps
XMEN PRO iceman & storm ramps
MET both ramps
SM right ramp
GOT PRO stark ramp

#6 1 year ago

Dirty Harry left ramp for SJ with the gun

#7 1 year ago

If you like the feel of the metal ramps on Metallica, you should give Terminator 3 a shot. Love the sound they make!

#8 1 year ago

GI as it changes through the island, unique and classic.

#9 1 year ago

In a game that punishes you to no end, the leftmost orbit ramp shot on BSD feels smooth and silky. It's the relief from the rest of the dissonant shots in the game. That relief feels great, because for a split second, you're safe from draining.

#10 1 year ago

Stern Star Trek warp ramp. Man when its dialed in and you rep like 5,6,7 of em in a row, what a feeling!

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

ST Warp ramp
LOTR Legolas ramp
DI all 3 ramps
XMEN PRO iceman & storm ramps
MET both ramps
SM right ramp
GOT PRO stark ramp

Good call on all these. I would add the Wh20 left waterfall ramp, too.

#12 1 year ago

For me at the moment it's the ramp shot on TSPP that leads up to the upper playfield off the top right flipper. I've always struggled with it on my game and I've been finally hitting it lately.

#13 1 year ago

Flash Gordon- center ramp.

#14 1 year ago

Kiss right ramp. A bitch to hit, but when you do...

#15 1 year ago

Love the upper flipper to ramp shots on dialed in, whirlwind and games like that.... very satisfying especially for super jackpots . Also the right orbit/ramp shot on dialed in just feels really good to hit.

#17 1 year ago

IJ, right ramp, especially during jackpot!

#18 1 year ago

I liked the ramp shot on The Getaway, when the supercharger is lit for loops. Ball gets cooking speed-wise and then bam, shoots down the return to the inlane/flipper. Or during supercharger mode when you get one loop, then the return. Bounce the ball over the upheld flipper to the right and repeat a few times in a row was especially fun too.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Agreed. Insanity Falls on White Water is just plain fun.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

This is the correct answer. The thread can now be closed.

#21 1 year ago

Mousin Around, after setting up the shot, the right ramp sends the ball behind the pf in the left side, then spits it out into a wiggly ramp on the right side.

Also when the target sequence is complete and the mini pf drops to allow you the quick upwards loop in the middle.

#22 1 year ago

Also, TOM right ramp when the magnet magnet grabs the ball on the return and drops it into a different return chute.

#23 1 year ago

STTNG left ramp for warp shot....that shot always was a challenge.

#24 1 year ago

I really like the new fork-lift shot, into the hyper-loop, on the Star Wars premium/le. Hard shot, but very satisfying.

#25 1 year ago

First one that came to mind was the right ramp on TOM that you can only shoot by making the left orbit. That just flows amazingly. The center ramp on TOM is also pretty cool.

#27 1 year ago

Another vote for the Legolas ramp on LOTR. Love how a perfectly solid shot with no energy loss comes screaming back at you. The ball seems to defy the laws of physics (but doesn’t) and I always wonder how it doesn’t go flying off into the glass. Every micrometer of every curve just seems perfectly engineered.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from jardine:

For me at the moment it's the ramp shot on TSPP that leads up to the upper playfield off the top right flipper. I've always struggled with it on my game and I've been finally hitting it lately.

Agreed. It's barely a ramp but it's such a bitch to hit with any consistency that makes it oh so satisfying.

#29 1 year ago

Another vote for Congo's volcano ramp shot!

#30 1 year ago

Banzai Run is a favorite of mine. I like how this ramp crosses over the entire back of the playfield. The accompanied light show is a piece of pinball perfection.

They don't count as a single shot, but I would also like to mention the ramps and divertors on The Shadow. Very fun to shoot combo's on and still a unique feature after 23+ years. The sound of a ball hitting the metal of these ramps is very unique and instantly recognizable.

#31 1 year ago

Where's all the high praise for the hole in one slam ramp?

Fan of TAF's left ramp for jackpot.

#32 1 year ago

Congo. Volcano.

#33 1 year ago

Star Wars Pro Stern, backhandshot left flipper, left ramp and looping them.

#34 1 year ago

The Banshee ramp on Avatar..

#35 1 year ago

#White Water two way combo feels great to shoot. (Spine Chiller + Insanity falls combo)

#36 1 year ago

Any ramp shot that I actually make.

#37 1 year ago

Road Show bunker shot, Ted shot and Blast Zone are all good!

Gem on Tron.

Spiderman Venom.

#38 1 year ago

Tron right ramp.

Transporter ramp.

Elvis heartbreak hotel is fun.

Titan ramp is cool

#39 1 year ago

Center AFM shot. Dunno but it just feels nice hitting it.

#40 1 year ago

ACDC - Bell shot
LOTR - Ring Shot
Getaway/Shadow - Third Flipper loop champion shot
Iron Man - War Machine shot
Dr Who - Third Flipper loop champion shot
BK2K - Third Flipper loop champion shot
ACDC - Spinner Shot

#42 1 year ago

Oldie but a goodie. High Speed! That thing never gets old.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from RyThom:

If you like the feel of the metal ramps on Metallica, you should give Terminator 3 a shot. Love the sound they make!

Agreed..t3 ramps sound cool and the middle B ramp is way satisfying

#44 1 year ago

A lot of great input. I'll need to check out T3! Getting DI today so will check those out soon! If I remember correctly they did feel very good.

#45 1 year ago

Doctor Who loop ramp - it is tough to get the ball to the upper left flipper, and your shot has to be *perfect* but hitting that loop a couple of times in succession (best I can do is really satisfying. then it is TERROR when the ball breaks free to inevitably drain down the right outlane. This game is a bastard!

#46 1 year ago

The spiral ramp shot in TOTAN has a nice flow to it.

#47 1 year ago

Because I've been playing it a lot lately, I'm going with the mega-million ramp shot on Radical!

#48 1 year ago

BSD, left ramp.

#49 1 year ago

Whirlpool ramp on CFTBL

#50 1 year ago

No one for GB ramps?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Plainfield, IL
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside