Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by AJNada
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-3.jpg
image-7.jpg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from knapejor:

Insanity falls on White Water gave me the best 'thrill', especially in multiball when it's lit for jackpots!

Totally agree. That's the one for me

#52 7 years ago

1. Congo-Volcano
2. Wh20-Ins. Falls
3. NGG- Hole in one
4. Fire!- Ladder ramp into center building

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Delta Ramp *during* Borg Multiball. 3x Jackpot ftw

+1

I like the Delta ramp any time. Best ramp in all of pinball. I tend to find myself just playing Warp Factors because the orbit/ramp combo is so fun. It's actually kind of a letdown in SM that the orbit hits the gate unless it's already in a combo sequence. Eventually you get "super orbits" or something like that and then those crummy gates stay up, then SM gets *really* fun.

The other day on STTNG I got the Borg mb 3x super jackpot and "the picard maneuver" callout simultaneously. Never had done that in 10 years of ownership. I think the reason that shields are recharged from the spinner is to encourage the direct 3x SJP shot, genius.

#54 7 years ago

5 way combo on TSPP.

#55 7 years ago

TSPP has 5 ramps?

#56 7 years ago

No, it uses 4 out of the 5 flippers including the upper playfield flippers.

#57 7 years ago

My favorite is probably Wh2O insanity falls. Honorable mention to the Jump shot on No Fear.

#58 7 years ago

Satisfying to hit for me would be the Guile ramp on SF2

#59 7 years ago

I love getting the O shot on doctor who.
That upper flipper ramp is sooo sweet when you can combo all three letters to spell WHO

#60 7 years ago

For me it's the HS ramp shot during multiball for the jackpot. Most satisfying shot I can think of!

#61 7 years ago

One of the reasons I wanted a Taxi was the feeling of repeatedly hitting the Arrival/Departure ramps... It's not technically a single shot, but doing that cross-cross like 3 times in a row withous screwing up is a blast.

#62 7 years ago

Da mos sasifying shot for me, is TOTAN left ramp when you make the whole ramp. Since there are two "fall outs" it is cool when you hit the whole thing

Though BOP shuttle ramps is pretty satisfying, when you but you balls on her face, something about that just feels right!

#63 7 years ago

Just had my personal favorite ramp shot, hitting the Diner cup shot for my record "jackpot' of 2.7M. How about other Diner owners?

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I love getting the O shot on Doctor Who.
That upper flipper ramp is sooo sweet when you can combo all three letters to spell WHO

This.

Finishing off that combo, and then hitting that looped ramp a few more times is cool and very, very satisfying.

#65 7 years ago

What about hitting the right ramp three times on Cyclone for the progressive jackpot?

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

Best shot ever has to be the hole in one on NGG. No other shot like it. What a thrill.

Agreed, there is nothing like hitting a perfect hole in one on NGG!

#67 7 years ago

I'll give you Insanity Falls on Whitewater but my absolute favorite shot on that machine is slamming the Spine Chiller ramp first and then hitting Insanity Falls with the upper flipper. It comes up that ramp so f'n fast that you have to be in perfect pinball zen to make the shot (or lucky).

Pure bliss.

#68 7 years ago

Jackpot shot on WW. With the 3 way combo of course.

#69 7 years ago

I like SM, T3, and AC/DC ramp shots. They have some nice flow. Even though you dont score a bunch of points hitting ramps shots over and over, its just plain fun for me.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

My favorite from my history has to be the Congo volcano shot. It's just awesome!

Big +1 on that. Such a fun shot to hit!

#71 7 years ago

Ones I like that haven't been mentioned yet:

The Comet ramp on Cyclone, keep hitting the ramp until it gives you 1 million.

Alternating the twin ramps on Taxi, especially in multiball.

The million ramp on Police Force, once you've looped it enough times so it's giving you 1M per.

1 year later
#72 6 years ago

I hereby proclaim (IMHO) looping the warp ramp on ST to be the most satisfying shot in pinball (3 loops + in a row)
Hard to beat the satisfaction of repeating that shot... It's BA!

#73 6 years ago

My left Stargate ramp is really hard to make, and therefor satisfying when I do make it. (and it's really needed for combo, pyramids and super jackpots in multiball).

#74 6 years ago

I'll help bring this backfrom the dead too.

I agree with most about the WH2O, but for me, its hitting it the 3x in a row when multiball fires up, such a juggle to come out with three and get them back up there.

My second vote was also mentioned - SM venom ramp. However i find it most gratifying to hit it combo'd from the bottom right flipper, around the loop, then up the ramp. That ball comes around the corner with lightning speed, and to hit the upp flipper > ramp is damn near 100% luck!

#75 6 years ago

Best single shot, Diner cup.

Best combo, Whirlwind 3 shot combo.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from PwninShiznat:

Both ramps on BSD, so silky smooth....

I agree, especially the left Castle ramp. Oursler really nailed the smooth factor on that one. It makes that nice big half circle before quickly returning to the R flipper. And the entrance is so narrow which makes the shot all the more satisfying.

#78 6 years ago

The couch shot on TSPP is pretty satisfying to me. It's a small ramp, but it counts!

#79 6 years ago

In no particular order:

Metallica's heavy metal ramps, super smooth for combos

Ball and chain shot (on left side) in Monster Bash, as mentioned, incredibly fast and smooth

Tron's upper flipper Gem shot combo around to the left flipper and into arcade for end of the line jackpot, now that's satisfying.

Cyclone does have great ramps with curves and progressive jackpots, etc.

Whitewater is probably the king of all great ramp games

#80 6 years ago

tommy right ramp just when mutiball starts

#81 6 years ago

Middle ramp shot on T3 is in my mind best ramp ever made; very wicked and cool shot

#82 6 years ago

Doctor Who - Sonic Boom, getting all three W-H-O shots in order.

#83 6 years ago

Party Zones ride the rocket!

#84 6 years ago

BK2K drawbridge ramp. Feels good to make that one.

#85 6 years ago

I like hitting both ramps at the same time for the crossover bonus during TAXI's multiball.

#86 6 years ago

My two favorite are:

2) Comet Cycle ramp 1 million shot. This one is just fun!
1) Cyclone's Comet ramp when lit for a million AND double playfield scoring. Most well deserved 2m ever!

2 months later
#87 6 years ago

Can anyone think of a ramp shot that returns the ball to the flippers at full velocity? (besides Diner - Cash Register Shot)
-mof

#88 6 years ago

Hitting the "O" for WHO on DW is pretty darn satisfying when it is sonic boom time.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can anyone think of a ramp shot that returns the ball to the flippers at full velocity?

Gladiators

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can anyone think of a ramp shot that returns the ball to the flippers at full velocity? (besides Diner - Cash Register Shot)
-mof

Mousin' Around ramps are like that. Ramp ends have caps on them at about 45 degrees that force the ball down the inlane quite quickly.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from spideynhb:

Party Zones ride the rocket!

Man, those ramps are great when they hold the ball . . . as a past owner of that game I can say those ramps (while beautiful) were a nightmare for many reasons.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can anyone think of a ramp shot that returns the ball to the flippers at full velocity?

The Twister ramp brings the ball back to the flipper extremely fast, since it doesn't go down the inlane.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

The Twister ramp brings the ball back to the flipper extremely fast, since it doesn't go down the inlane.

I was going to say Twister as it does have a fast return, but I said Gladiators because of this. It sends the ball right at the flipper at warp speed.
image-3.jpg

#94 6 years ago

Grand slam home run on Slugfest . It's baseball season!

#95 6 years ago

TOM right side ramp.

Silkiest is BSD's left ramp but the right ramp isn't bad either.

Also very satisfying hitting the BK2K Drawbridge ramp.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The Warp ramp on the new ST brings the ball around to the upper flipper very fast. In fact, each time you hit it, the ball comes around a little faster than before.

#97 6 years ago

The long bomb shot on Monday Night Football -especially when it's lit for a million points or to release multiball. Smooth as silk...

#98 6 years ago

Star Trek warp ramp! Its butter, challenging, fast as hell, and infinite shots in a row.

3 months later
#99 5 years ago

Star Trek tng "the worm hole " shot its so hard

#100 5 years ago

The looping jump ramp on No Fear!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside