• Latest reply 9 years ago by sunnRAT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-3.jpg
image-7.jpg
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

What is in your opinion the best or most satisfying ramp shot? When you hit the ramp it's silky smooth like "butta". Mine would have to be Whitewater's Insanity Falls shot. I love it from that top flipper. Awesome shot!!!!!!

#2 11 years ago

Man, so hard for me to choose. The WH2O Insanity Falls ramp is right up there, and it's especially cool when you get a "tink" off the glass when the ball jumps. That's a hard one to top.

I also like ToTAN's spiral ramp, and believe it or not, WCS94's left and right ramps that are double stacked and go around the back of the playfield are cool. I also love hitting IJ's narrow right ramp that feeds the Path of Adventure, especially when it's lit for a Jackpot, as the ball spends so much time going around the back of the playfield and down the left side, you can concentrate on relighting the jackpot with whatever balls you have left in play.

#3 11 years ago

Left ramp off the upper right flipper in TAF for the Triple Jackpot.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

What is in your opinion the best or most satisfying ramp shot? When you hit the ramp it's silky smooth like "butta". Mine would have to be Whitewater's Insanity Falls shot. I love it from that top flipper. Awesome shot!!!!!!

It's not a "butta shot", but I did this yesterday and was thinking to myself "this is the sweetest shot ever": LOTR when you use one ball to shoot out the one in the ring to DTR. There's nothing like it! I know there are issues with that setting, and I typically don't play two ball DTR, but its amazing!

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

LOTR when you use one ball to shoot out the one in the ring to DTR.

Yeah, that is a cool one for sure! Forgot about that.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's also cool when you can go left loop to the upper right flipper and onto the left ramp to collect a star.

#6 11 years ago

Whirlwind's Jackpot shot, preferably after shooting it through the pop bumpers along the left side.

#7 11 years ago

Delta Ramp *during* Borg Multiball. 3x Jackpot ftw. Any other time is alright, but during multiball happens so infrequently that it's awesome to nail it, then have the borg ship shoot the ball back at ya.

#8 11 years ago

Diner's cup shot...the harder you nail it, the more points awarded.

#9 11 years ago

My favorite from my history has to be the Congo volcano shot. It's just awesome!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

My favorite from my history has to be the Congo volcano shot. It's just awesome!

Yep. That's my vote as well. You just beat me to it.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Delta Ramp *during* Borg Multiball. 3x Jackpot ftw.

+1

It's such a satisfying feeling when you nail that Borg lock, particularly during multiball.

#12 11 years ago

I agree TAF for super jackpot is almost reason in itself to own one.

#13 11 years ago

Whenever I can make the left ramp shot off the upper right flipper on TSPP. Probably a 1 out of 10 success rate for me.

#14 11 years ago

right ramp for mystical millions on dungeons and dragons ,best for me!!

image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg

#15 11 years ago

I like hitting the jack ramp in POTC..

#16 11 years ago

Left ramp from upper right flipper on STTNG is pretty tough.

#17 11 years ago

Both ramps on BSD, so silky smooth....

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

+1

#19 11 years ago

Picard Maneuver

#20 11 years ago

So many great ramps... For me its there two things to this.
1: Making a tough ramp shot
2: The flow of the ramp.

The jackpot shot on Mousing around is ultra tough so making that is very satisfiying, along with the right ramp on TOM.

Nailing say the middle ramp on TAF is also great because it relatively easy and the flow is nice.

The left ramp on STTNG is a great shot since there are two outcomes.... The borg ship and warp drive combo (the best combo in pinball imo)

Then you have the shadow, getting vengeance and continuing to get super vengeance is great.

I like the look of wireform but I like the feel/smoothness of plastic and metal plated ramps.

As for the best flowing ramps you cant go past MB. That left ramp is just beautiful.

And then you have Demo man... Ahhh theres just too much to chose from...

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

Picard Maneuver

+1

looped Picard maneuvers- +N

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

Picard Maneuver

DH's left ramp is better. IMO...... But really.... it is!

#23 11 years ago

Insanity falls on White Water gave me the best 'thrill', especially in multiball when it's lit for jackpots!

#24 11 years ago

Here's one not many know about since it's an older game. My favorite ramp shot on one of my games is tagging the stationary target on the upper playfield from the left flipper on Spirit to get an extra ball.

Another fun ramp shot (but involves a ton of luck) is hitting the hole in one on NGG, my record is 5 in a row (shoulda been gambling in Reno that day instead).

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

DH's left ramp is better. IMO...... But really.... it is!

The only thing "better" about DH is the way the cannon is loaded from the top instead of a scoop kickout to a wireform. No chance of the ball going astray that way. :\

#26 11 years ago

Hook's Windcoaster Ramp shot is VERY satisfying when made

#27 11 years ago

Venom!

I love the scream and the blue flasher when it hits!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

That would get my vote as well!

I also love the Damsel shot on MM (when the diverter is open so the ball goes all the way up into the castle to save the Damsel).

#29 11 years ago

DH's left ramp shot it the bomb....

And DH's right is no slouch either...

Especialy if the game is set up nasty...

DH is my # 1 pick...

And a close second if not possibly a tie, would be Capcom Airbornes right ramp...

It is possibly the narrowest ramp ever and it is super steep..when you plug that one you know you did something...

#30 11 years ago

BK2K when you complete Ransom. There is no argument about this in my mind.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

+1 for the Congo volcano ramp. Very satisfying.

#32 11 years ago

WH2O is awesome and MM is cool too

#33 11 years ago

I'd say the most satisfying would be the shot to collect the damsel in MM - all the way to the very top right of the machine. Feels great.

#34 11 years ago

Best shot ever has to be the hole in one on NGG. No other shot like it. What a thrill.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Of course, you can do a middle-ramp ball train to score that jp without having to make the left shot!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I also love the Damsel shot on MM (when the diverter is open so the ball goes all the way up into the castle to save the Damsel).

+1 I was just thinking that. For a simple straight on shot, it is satisfying.

Probably not going to get too many votes, but I like Iron Man's ramps.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

Best shot ever has to be the hole in one on NGG. No other shot like it.

DITO

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I'd say the most satisfying would be the shot to collect the damsel in MM - all the way to the very top right of the machine. Feels great.

For a simple straight ramp shot, that is the one that gives me the most satisfaction when it disappears into the back of the machine. The NGG hole-in-one comes a close second, I haven't had much chance to play a NGG recently though.

The Picard manoeuvre is a very satisfying combo ramp shot when you manage to achieve it.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

Best shot ever has to be the hole in one on NGG. No other shot like it. What a thrill.

It's a cool shot, but personally I never found it to be all that satisfying because I pretty much felt that it was luck when I'd hit it.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

+1
It's such a satisfying feeling when you nail that Borg lock, particularly during multiball.

+10. That shot is a bitch to begin with. Add in multiball and it's such a satisfying shot.

The other I would say is a multishot combo. Left ramp,right ramp, small flipper to piano combo on TZ is a super good feeling.

#41 11 years ago

Great Thread!

As soon as I saw the title I started thinking WH20. Then I saw that was yours.

Instantly came to mind was TOTAN then . . . .

Each post just made you think of that shot. Thanks OP!

#42 11 years ago

It's the Hot Shot on Hollywood Heat....by far the most satisfying ramp shot!

#43 11 years ago

Boat ramps on FT. When you can get on a roll and hit them six times in a row and then nail the monster fish shot it's awesome.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

It's the Hot Shot on Hollywood Heat....by far the most satisfying ramp shot!

thats a good one...super tight shot !

#45 11 years ago

The shot to the upper saucer on Fathom, off the upper flipper is a cool shot.

#46 11 years ago

Another one that's cool when it works is the looping ramp on Gold Wings (I know, sucky game, it is satisfying when the loop works right though).

#47 11 years ago

I noticed the big 3 are missing here. AFM, MM, & MB. How come everyone likes those so much but no one mentioned a shot they like?

#48 11 years ago

I like WH2O insanity falls shot alot. Also get great satisfaction on T2, hitting L R L R L R.. and hearing that metal-on-metal sound of the ball on the rail. Fast action, graet flow!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

I noticed the big 3 are missing here. AFM, MM, & MB. How come everyone likes those so much but no one mentioned a shot they like?

Because you aren't paying attention.

3 people mentioned the Damsel shot in MM, including me.

Plus, having one of the most satisfying shots ever (or not) by itself does not make or break a great playing pin.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Boat ramps on FT. When you can get on a roll and hit them six times in a row and then nail the monster fish shot it's awesome.

^^This

Some nights you are on and those things just flow! And it's so fast to get back to the other flipper if it's hit clean. Mark Ritchie has a lot of speed like his brother.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

16,500 (Firm)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 159.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-satisfying-ramp-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.