2e9fb772984371ae428fe13bdb7c44cd (resized).jpg
wonka_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
BrienneAndCatelynMeet_(resized).jpg
jPop-PinballWizard_(resized).jpg
j_popadiuk_(resized).jpg
e_1_(resized).jpg
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

At TPF last weekend, I overheard a discussion mentioning Addams Family was "popular with women". Interesting. My ex-wife seemed to enjoy Revenge From Mars a great deal. Kinda makes me wonder if a gender trend exists or is it just random chance?

Have you noticed women gravitating toward a particular title more than others?

#2 8 years ago

Monster Bash!!!!!!!!!

#3 8 years ago

I've noticed that Cirqus Voltaire seems to be popular among women.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Monster Bash!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes that was mentioned as well!

#5 8 years ago

I've met quite a few women that really love Theatre of Magic. It's my wifes favorite game.

#6 8 years ago

I remember reading that Centipede was popular with women. When I read that I thought that was interesting because I remember one of the few games my mom would get excited at seeing was Centipede. Maybe there are pins like that as well that have some unknown connection with women.

#7 8 years ago

My wife and her friends love Who Dunnit.

Gigantic ramp right in front of you, cool theme, point doubling roulette wheel, and slots. It's all very accessible, and cool.

Pete

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

I've met quite a few women that really love Theatre of Magic. It's my wifes favorite game.

Mine too -- the one listed in my collection is actually her game.

#9 8 years ago

Funhouse

#10 8 years ago

Theater of Magic and Totan get
much love

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I remember reading that Centipede was popular with women. When I read that I thought that was interesting because I remember one of the few games my mom would get excited at seeing was Centipede. Maybe there are pins like that as well that have some unknown connection with women.

This is true for me as well, wife loves Centipede. Robotron is probably her favorite though, for what it's worth.

Her favorite of our current lineup is Twister, and yes she loves the movie as well. That is also our most current machine so that likely has something to do with it as well.

She prefers short/quick/exciting games (liked Iron Man & Mustang) opposed to slower/longer games.

#12 8 years ago

It seems all women love W?D

#13 8 years ago

WCS, I am ready to pass it on and the wife won't let me!

#14 8 years ago

Scared Stiff

#15 8 years ago

I have bought two pins based on my wife's preferences, an Aztec and a POTC and she rarely plays anything else in my collection. Last time she had friends over we didn't have POTC and they tried others (at the time -AC/DC, ST, Mustang, Wizard, Skylab) but stuck to Aztec. She has the same group visiting next month and it will be interesting to see what they play with my new line up (I suspect EATPM will be a hit).

At TPF she only went back to one pin over and over and that was WOZ (not the first time she has gone back to it when available). I think she wants one but just can't quite justify the prices. She played along side me most of the weekend but I never heard her say there was any "must haves". When she took off solo I would find her trying out EMs but most were set up slower than she prefers (mine are steep and fairly fast).

#16 8 years ago

GF enjoys all sorts of games, so I do not think there is a 'gender trend' in pinball, and frankly is kind of silly to even think about.

Swap out women for men, and then ask the same question.

#17 8 years ago

Iron Man and Attack from Mars, my wife loves those two games.

#18 8 years ago

My wife.....TOM & MB

#19 8 years ago

Attack from Mars is a favorite of my wife and sister

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

WCS, I am ready to pass it on and the wife won't let me!

WCS is the only game my girlfriend enjoys and ever bothered to learn the rules to.

#21 8 years ago

Definitely TotAN!

#22 8 years ago

My wife hates Elvira's tits.... Go figure!

#23 8 years ago

RFM, POTC and LOTR in my collection. I suspect Farfalla and C37 will be popular when they're ready.

#24 8 years ago

On another thought, I'd say WoZ.... it was definitely made for them!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

At TPF last weekend, I overheard a discussion mentioning Addams Family was "popular with women". Interesting. My ex-wife seemed to enjoy Revenge From Mars a great deal. Kinda makes me wonder if a gender trend exists or is it just random chance?
Have you noticed women gravitating toward a particular title more than others?

It's funny you mention those two because just last night I was telling my fiance that I might put my BK2k up for trade at SFGE this summer and was showing her a video of RFM and asking what she thought about me trading for one. She responded "That's cool, but can we get an Addams Family?"

Currently, TAF and Scared Stiff are the only ones she's ever seemed to actually want as opposed to just tolerate.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

My wife and her friends love Who Dunnit.
Gigantic ramp right in front of you, cool theme, point doubling roulette wheel, and slots. It's all very accessible, and cool.
Pete

No wonder I hate this game, it was made for women.

#27 8 years ago

My wife's clear favorite is and has been Attack From Mars. My daughter is all over the place and enjoys WoZ, Revenge From Mars, Twilight Zone and Addams.

#28 8 years ago

My wife likes SS the best out of my games. I'm looking to get a MB as that is another game that she will like.

#31 8 years ago

Wife likes Tommy but she also likes plays/musicals.

#32 8 years ago

I bought our Diner,because my wife played it at PAGG and loved it! She also loves my TAFG as well!

#33 8 years ago

TAF and WH20. RFM too but it's "too dark" in the upper playfield.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

My ex-wife seemed to enjoy Revenge From Mars a great deal.

My wife's daily routine is to play some RFM every day after dinner. The kids and I are well aware not to bother her at that time.

#35 8 years ago

I think it's human nature to see patterns when they aren't really there. I mentioned LOTR and RFM because my wife's favorite is LOTR and my niece's favorite is RFM. Oh, and my other niece's favorite is Congo. So...does one data point make a pattern?

My female friends who are really "into pinball" don't follow any kind of pattern. They like games with good art and dots, great layouts and good rules - just like any of us. Casual players are really only interested in theme.

#36 8 years ago

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

#37 8 years ago

From my collection, it seems Fish Tales appeals most to the ladies.

#38 8 years ago

I have 8 pins,my wife and daughter only plays my TAF

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

I have 8 pins,my wife and daughter only plays my TAF

I've got 12 now.... My wife plays... none!

#40 8 years ago

Mine likes JP

#41 8 years ago

My missus favourite of all I've owned was LOTR by some margin, even gave me grief when I sold it!

#42 8 years ago

I got my wife and sister in-law hooked on CFTBL at the one bar close to me.

#43 8 years ago

The only game in my collection the wife plays is Iron Man.

#44 8 years ago

Also I think you can basically replace women with "people that aren't really into pinball at all" and most of this stuff applies. There's certainly a great of female players out there that can kick ALL of our asses, especially mine

#45 8 years ago

my daughter plays WC94 and Williams IJ in my line up the most!!

#46 8 years ago

My wife likes TZ and TAF
My daughter's fav is LOTR

#47 8 years ago

The Machine Bride of Pinbot

#48 8 years ago

My wife likes BOP and JM.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

RBION

My Wife's favorite!

#50 8 years ago

Totan, and Scared Stiff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-popular-pins-among-women?hl=spookykt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.