2e9fb772984371ae428fe13bdb7c44cd (resized).jpg
wonka_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
BrienneAndCatelynMeet_(resized).jpg
jPop-PinballWizard_(resized).jpg
j_popadiuk_(resized).jpg
e_1_(resized).jpg
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago

EATPM has always been the favorite at my house for women. No matter what other pins I've had or currently have

e_1_(resized).jpge_1_(resized).jpg

#52 8 years ago

Theatre of Magic all the way. Several girls who want nothing to do with my machines in general tried and liked TOM.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

WCS, I am ready to pass it on and the wife won't let me!

same with mine

#54 8 years ago

My wife's favorites are EATPM , she is a big fan of Elvira.
About 6 yrs ago, I bought it from her off ebay
and that is how we met.
Bought her a Scared Stiff for her birthday a couple years ago.
She also really likes (Rudy) FunHouse and TAF and Monsters Bash
(she is into Horror themes and Halloween),
those being some of the few she would be OK with to buy, (except for the high $$$)
should I ever decide to expand the collection.
She has also expressed interest in WOZ.

#55 8 years ago

Mums and their daughters are attracted by the sight of NGG without knowing anything about pinball.

#56 8 years ago

Her random favs.....

Who Dunnit
Bride Of Pinbot.
Star Trek. Next Gen
Spiderman Stern.
Stern Seawitch.
Lotr.
Congo.
WOZ

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Monster Bash!!!!!!!!!

My wife is loving the looks of Rob Zombie. Can't wait to get a chance to play one.

#58 8 years ago

The better question is "most popular women around pins".

#59 8 years ago

I have a Data East Star Wars, Stern Sopranos, Stern Star Trek, and a Wizard of Oz.
My guy friends enjoy them all and like how they are different in play/toys/shots ect.
The ladies shift right to the Wizard of Oz. They love it, everything about it they love.
My one buddy who couldn't talk his wife into getting a pinball machine before, is now getting a WOZ after playing mine at a party.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Also I think you can basically replace women with "people that aren't really into pinball at all" and most of this stuff applies. There's certainly a great of female players out there that can kick ALL of our asses, especially mine

Well, we may all agree that girls were never the target public of pinballs and video-games. Back in the day (also nowadays), 90% or more of the arcade audience is consisted of male kids and teens (I'm just refering to pinball and video-games here).... That's why I think JJP really screwed up when launched woz as its first pin machine. I guess Hobbit would have put themselves in another level to compete against Stern!

Any thoughts?

#61 8 years ago

If playing experience is equal, I don't see any difference in preference between men and women. If there's a gap in experience, say a spouse that doesn't play pinball a lot, it's not that much different than your male buddy that doesn't play. I don't think there's anything in many specific games that caters well to men or women (aside from some pins being less objectionable/sexist).

Women: They're people too.

#62 8 years ago

It doesn't seem like there's much of a pattern here. If some women who aren't into pinball find one they like, it seems to be one with a unique gimmick (RFM) or a theme they like (WOZ) or just a good game (TAF). With Centipede, there was a woman designer who was specifically targeting women and they succeeded. Maybe that's what is needed. A woman designer who can make a pin for women.

I know at LAX my mom tended to like GOT and Cue Ball Wizard but those games are friendly to novices.

#63 8 years ago

In my collection WOZ, TOM, TAF and TZ tend to be liked by women players. Most find Rudy (FH) too creepy. Definitely not JD or AC/DC.

#64 8 years ago

OP, of my collection, wife does like TAF the best (TAF, FH, TZ, TSPP)

#65 8 years ago

My wife really isn't interested in playing my games but she would love a Tales of the Arabian Nights. I just need to find a fixer-upper. I'm not holding my breath..

#66 8 years ago

My wife's favorite is TAF followed by AFM.

#67 8 years ago

Twister. Women seem to always be drawn to licensed titles..

#68 8 years ago

The Addams Family for my wife. Sorry I have never owned it.

#69 8 years ago

My lady loves Stern Star Trek. We refer to it has "her machine."

#70 8 years ago

My wife's favorite was always Scared Stiff...until I sold it.

Lucky for me, she seems to be diggin' the Kiss LE that took its place.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If playing experience is equal, I don't see any difference in preference between men and women.

Yes, men and women are "people" but they are not "blank slates" nor clones of one another. Men and women are equally capable of doing just about anything... but the interesting part is how often the choices they make are not randomly spread across the spectrum. Quite often we see generalized patterns of voluntary choice which fall along gender lines which have nothing to do with societal norms nor expectations but simple preference. That's where it gets interesting... and political. But nevertheless... there it is.

I'm sure plenty of women play games like Firepower and Terminator 2. But, I have a hunch, it's not going to be nearly as many as the ones popping up in this thread again and again... TAF, BOP, AFM, CFTBL, Diner, Congo, TOM, TOTAN, SS, NGG, CV, MB, WCS, RFM seem to repeatedly get high marks.

Again, it's just a general effect, not an absolute thing... but enough to be interesting and statistically significant.

#72 8 years ago

So, the question begs, is there something in particular about those games which "generally" appeal to "most" women versus the rest? To me it appears they have more emphasis upon characters, colorful artwork, and larger narrative-focused themes vs. more simplistic concepts and artwork revolving around technology/power/lasers/competitive sports/etc. Seems that way, anyway...

#73 8 years ago

Ya, mine has some favorites, the common thread between them? Theyre out of my budget.

#74 8 years ago

My wife is so uninterested in pinball that when I bring a new game in, a month might pass before she even knows it's there. In the last 5 years shes maybe played one game lasting like 2 min. Seriously.

#76 8 years ago

I'm a woman and I also work closely with shopper insights (i.e. what factors influence people to purchase things). As much as I tend to personally buck stereotypes, there's a lot of science that demonstrates clear gender-based preferences. It's not that 100% of women will like A or 100% of men will hate B, but that more often than not, it holds true.

When it comes to pinball, I'm still something of an outlier since I definitely like to play more than the average woman, but I think I share some preferences with other women--I know I personally wish there were more "humor/fun" themes, like GB, TSPP, WOZ, or even some of the home brew titles like the Minions or Hitchhikers Guide machines, to balance out all of the action-movie and sci-fi pins. That sounds right in line with what most (but not all) other women seem to respond to, based on the titles people are mentioning.

Of course the marketer in me assumes it's a chicken/egg situation--since women don't tend to play as much, the machines aren't marketed to them as much. But if there aren't appealing machines...well the cycle perpetuates.

#77 8 years ago

i have noticed the chics seem to go for the horror theme pins

#78 8 years ago

My wife and daughters love Bad Cats.

#79 8 years ago

My wife is a not a big pinball fan, but enjoys Funhouse.

My youngest daughter and her friends get a huge kick out of the TWD Pro found at Jenkinsons. They all like to hit the "fat slob" found on the playfield.

#80 8 years ago

Wife likes Woz, MM

CV as well but not as much as the others

Hates Tom because it was 'too stressful'

#81 8 years ago

This isn't me saying what women like, but this is what my wife enjoys to play. My wife's favorite games (in no order) are:

- TZ
- WH2O
- EATPM
- AC/DC
- IM
- TAF
- JP
- BoP
- AFM

#82 8 years ago

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned POTC

#83 8 years ago

TAF
TOM
Sopranos ('cause of the offside swearing!)

#84 8 years ago

Brought DrWho for wife, Woz for daughter and both like pinball magic as well.

Wife likes BSD, plays Met but not her fav. AMH due soon I think they will both like that.

#85 8 years ago

In my experience its Tales of the Arabian Nights and Cirqus Voltaire. - Interestingly the designer of both games looks like a woman.

j_popadiuk_(resized).jpgj_popadiuk_(resized).jpg

jPop-PinballWizard_(resized).jpgjPop-PinballWizard_(resized).jpg

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

At TPF last weekend, I overheard a discussion mentioning Addams Family was "popular with women". Interesting. My ex-wife seemed to enjoy Revenge From Mars a great deal. Kinda makes me wonder if a gender trend exists or is it just random chance?
Have you noticed women gravitating toward a particular title more than others?

In all seriousness...Its not really pinball...Bowling games. Shufflebowl, Strikes and Spares (Gottlieb) and those types of games that are slightly different. Touch screens are a must. Group games that all women can play at same time. El critical for keeping gameroom alive.

#87 8 years ago

Whitewater

#88 8 years ago

I have some pins at my film house where I rent out rooms to female models that fly into town for work. The most popular table by far is The Getaway. Poor Swords of Fury gets no love though, it's the least popular game there, I'm guessing because it doesn't have enough toys on it. Occasionally Riverboat Gambler finds a fan as well.

#89 8 years ago

My wife loves our POTC and would like a WOZ or either Elvira.

#90 8 years ago

Out of the pins i have, it's Monster Bash.

#91 8 years ago

My wife picked Shrek and WOZ for her favorites.

#92 8 years ago

Monopoly. Easy ubiquitous theme.

#93 8 years ago

MM. It was my gateway pin. It's responsible for convincing me that spending money on pins = good. And it wasn't even a very nice MM. It was a semi-beat one at PHOF (apparently I'm easy). And it only took one ball (apparently I'm very easy).

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I remember reading that Centipede was popular with women. When I read that I thought that was interesting because I remember one of the few games my mom would get excited at seeing was Centipede. Maybe there are pins like that as well that have some unknown connection with women.

Makes sense considering that Centipede was partially designed by a woman (Dona Bailey). It and Galaxian was popular w/women because of their bright colors back in the day. Back to pins though one that I noticed is popular with women is Bad Cats. Can't figure out why

#95 8 years ago

My wife loves AC/DC LE and LOTR.

#96 8 years ago

My wife I don't think has played any of my games over the last 10 years. The only thing she will play and her girlfriends will play when we host a party is my Chicago Coin big ball bowler.

#97 8 years ago

Scared Stiff
Monster Bash
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Theater of Magic

#98 8 years ago

My Lovely Lady likes:

X-Men
Transformers
ACDC
TWD

#99 8 years ago

Which ever ones fit their tiny hands.

#100 8 years ago

i'm going all in that it's Gostbusters......Bite s nails to knuckle

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-popular-pins-among-women/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.