(Topic ID: 128320)

Most overpriced pinball as per Pinside: JP for $2300?

By embryonjohn

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JBK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

NGG pricing.png
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Really? Please add yours to this list.

image.jpg
#2 4 years ago

Im confused? Jp usually sells for 1900 -2400 depending on condition and topper ?

#3 4 years ago

I know. Just thinking there's a ton of tables I'd hunt before this one for the pinside average of $2130 to $2470

#4 4 years ago

Ya, there are tons of machines on Pinside that are waaaay overpriced, but that is pretty close to the ballpark on a JP.

#5 4 years ago

Prices are up on most of the b and c titles because lots of new people in the hobby and pins like jd, rs, bsd ,ngg, rbion, ts, ft, dm, fs and many others are below 3k are excellent first pins and better than many newer pins for much less than 4-5 k

#6 4 years ago

That's not out of line for JP. And it's a cool pin. Not sure I get this thread.

#7 4 years ago

Price is about right to me.

#8 4 years ago

$2300 is the going rate for a JP with a topper. Although there is always the guy who just has to get a deal and buy it for $2100....so I just take off the topper....and sell it to him 3 months later for $250.... But at least he feels better about the price.

#9 4 years ago

You can go down the top 20 list and find quite a few overpriced machines.

#10 4 years ago

ahhhh , ya lost me ..

#11 4 years ago

I think what he is saying is that some of these prices, while reasonable, don't reflect what you get for it. Like if you are going to spend $2300 you might as well get something else....maybe

#12 4 years ago

That said... I KIND of agree with this (if that's what he meant) I can think of a lot of games I would want first. I think for 1800 I'd be a go....but 2300 there are other things....still who will sell me one....ha

#13 4 years ago

Every pin is overpriced. When will you guys come to your senses and sell me stuff at a reasonable price.

#14 4 years ago

Why the hate?

I recently sold my JP for $3000. Owner was thrilled... and knew what he was buying too.

The machine is awesome.

#15 4 years ago

I spent 2450 on mine, love it. Worth every penny and in my opinion one of the best bang for buck pins available.

#16 4 years ago

I agree, I don't think that's out of line right now. It's a fun game, challenging, left outlane is brutal.

#17 4 years ago

JP is a good machine. And $2100 is cheap in the DMD world now. What gives here?

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

JP is a good machine. And $2100 is cheap in the DMD world now. What gives here?

Finding legitimate things to bitch about on Pinside is hard.

#19 4 years ago

I think I'm learning some Pinsiders are like pilots; if they're not bitching about something, they're not happy!

#20 4 years ago

Are you a price cop? You have to tell me if you are.

#21 4 years ago

I think the price is actually going to increase with the new movie coming out. I would not be surprised to see it go past $3000. Condition matters as well. You might find one for $1800 but it will most likely have some playfield wear and cabinet damage. There is absolutely a value assumed for the condition. If you want a mint perfect JP, and you are a collector, why not pay what you think it is worth if it is hard to find in perfect condition??? Pricing these machines will never be cut and dry.
The time of year also causes the price to change. Buying close to the winter holidays will most likely result in a 10-20% increase in price; if not more.
If you are looking for a bargain; you might get lucky, but like in most cases... You get what you pay for.

#22 4 years ago

2300 jp?
Had a chance in november to buy one with topper for 1800. Sold mine for 1700 without a couple months ago. I've seen them come up elsewhere for 2k or less. Think this is another case of pinsiders drinking a bit too much of the kool aid.

#23 4 years ago

well that didnt go as planned. hard to price police a machine that is correctly priced.

#24 4 years ago

Wow wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this....

#25 4 years ago

Easy. Magic Girl, $16k

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Agreed. Play pinball

#27 4 years ago

I just wanted to make a meaningless post in this meaningless thread.

#28 4 years ago

The JP's $2300 is within reasonable pricing, although on the higher side.

NGG is another example of a Pinside pricing on a pin that is not worth the higher ranges listed (I think I got the gist of this post). It should be selling all day for a good/average working example for $3000.

NGG pricing.png

#29 4 years ago

yep price is right, over here it's $2500 easily and up to $3000.

#30 4 years ago

I'd happily pay that for a JP in good condition

#31 4 years ago

i sold mine for $2800 cnd 6 months ago , i had alot of interest on it at that price .

#32 4 years ago

I sold mine last fall for $2,200 including a perfect topper. I completely tore game down and replaced and rebuilt and polished every mechanism with new parts, new display, Treasure cove PF, removed all factory mylar, PF was in beautiful condition. 100 percent working, excellent cabinet. So, I think the price shown is pretty much on. A PInsider paid $450 to have it picked up and shipped by STI.

#33 4 years ago

Any Pin costing $8000.00 of your hard earned tax-deducted income comes to mind. Paying $2400.00 for a good pin sounds like a steal now.

#34 4 years ago

Not sure I understand the point of this thread, but I have never been a fan of JP. To me I can buy two or three games that I like better for the same price.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure I understand the point of this thread, but I have never been a fan of JP. To me I can buy two or three games that I like better for the same price.

Your comparing apples and oranges no way you can 2-3 similar featured pins for the same money.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Your comparing apples and oranges no way you can 2-3 similar featured pins for the same money.

Think he's saying there's a few other titles he'd prefer over JP.

#37 4 years ago

I enjoyed JP for the time I had it but it was time to move on and try some others that I wanted to clear some space for. My grandson is still asking me, "what happened to dinosaur?"

#38 4 years ago

I agree with the NGG . Who would buy this below average game for more than $2,800. Sold one 2 years ago for this price and got rid of the game after a month. JP on the other hand is better and I sold one for $2,400 3 years ago.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You're right, it is apples to oranges. Point is games like Target Alpha or Sinbad are more fun at 1/3 of the price. That would be my price point for JP. For the amount of fun it is, I would not pay more than $750 for a nice one if I had to put it in my collection rather than flip it. I would not even pay that much if I had to shop and repair it because I hate working on Data East games.

Comparing apples to apples, JP is not in the same league as a lot of games that cost a similar amount: JD, DM, WPT, BSD, HS2, I500, JM, FT, BK2000, etc are all WAY better games.

#40 4 years ago

I think MG is the most overpriced pin.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You're right, it is apples to oranges. Point is games like Target Alpha or Sinbad are more fun at 1/3 of the price. That would be my price point for JP. For the amount of fun it is, I would not pay more than $750 for a nice one if I had to put it in my collection rather than flip it. I would not even pay that much if I had to shop and repair it because I hate working on Data East games.
Comparing apples to apples, JP is not in the same league as a lot of games that cost a similar amount: JD, DM, WPT, BSD, HS2, I500, JM, FT, BK2000, etc are all WAY better games.

You're high.... Lol

#42 4 years ago

I prefer VW to Bugatti, Bugatti is so over priced. Do you guys see how ridiculous that sounds? Personal preference has nothing to do with value or price.

P.S. Now I'm starting to see the other side of the price police, until now I only saw them in the threads of obviously over priced pins. Now I see the group that thinks the pay for pins with magic beans and they manage to get any pin at half the price as anyone else.

#43 4 years ago

JP is the game you pick on for being overpriced? Really?

#44 4 years ago

I'm going say it and might take flak but who cares. MB, MM, CC, and several others from that time period are insanely over priced and I'm aware of supply demand but anything over 5K for a 90's DMD that hasn't been Hep restored or a close representation of such is ridiculous. I bought all of them and could never figure why The Shadow and JM combined still wouldn't get you a MB. I've really started to love 80's stuff and its in a fair range money wise, never going back to 90's DMD's and especially ones that garner an 8 to 12K price tag. JMO

#45 4 years ago

Ya but everybody is starting to like 80s pins. They are going to be next in the price bubble.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

and another 15 seconds posting about it. :O)

#47 4 years ago

Where do the prices on the profile pages for each machine come from?

#48 4 years ago

Jp is great, one of the best bang for your buck pins not overpriced.

#49 4 years ago

I've been offered over 3K for my JP and haven't let go, yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Geneva, OH
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Dundee, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside