(Topic ID: 273569)

Most Loaded Game Ever? (poll inside).

By SantaEatsCheese

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Most loaded game ever (for the time)”

• Twilight Zone 147 votes
      36%
    • Dialed In 11 votes
      3%
    • JJP Pirates 63 votes
      15%
    • DE JP 0 votes
    • Stern JP 3 votes
      1%
    • Last Action Hero 3 votes
      1%
    • Thunderbirds 6 votes
      1%
    • Indiana Jones 8 votes
      2%
    • Lord of the Rings 3 votes
      1%
    • Simpsons Pinball Party 13 votes
      3%
    • Fun House 1 vote
    • Black Knight 0 votes
    • Black Knight SOR 2 votes
    • Addams Family 1 vote
    • Stranger Things Pro 2 votes
    • ST:TNG 20 votes
      5%
    • Stern Star Trek LE 4 votes
      1%
    • Wizard of Oz 105 votes
      25%
    • Pinball Magic 3 votes
      1%
    • Banzai Run 2 votes
    • Road Show 9 votes
      2%
    • Haunted House 4 votes
      1%
    • Safe Cracker 4 votes
      1%

(414 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

147B68B8-DD5E-4A09-B2AB-44E406FF8754.gif
    31FF1222-02EE-4975-9698-00480B87E543 (resized).png
    EFFB93BB-1087-43CB-A200-3E6B8B0192AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

What would you guys say is/was the most “loaded” pinball machine ever? Off the top of my head I tend to think of modern JJPs like Dialed In and Pirates, but the old Williams wide bodies like Twilight Zone are pretty loaded. There are a few B and even C rate titles that are “loaded as well”. Roadshow was loaded. DE Jurassic Park and Stern JP are loaded (6 ball multiball, dino eats the ball). Heck, even Last Action Hero was loaded (6 ball multiball, 2 captive balls, giant crane toy, multiple magnets). Is there something I’m missing? Maybe adding a caveat, “for the time”. Adding a poll. I’ll add games as suggested.

#2 3 years ago

TZ and JJP Pirates seem like the obvious choice. I voted TSPP. It feels the most loaded during gameplay - regardless of doodads in the machine. That code is insane.

#3 3 years ago

Road Show was really loaded considering you have two complete head mechs, a diverter, second plunger, two plastic ramps, two wireforms etc. They may not have been utilized the best, but they were there. DI I think has more crammed into it from a tech standpoint. My vote was for DI.

#4 3 years ago

The B/W widebodies as a category are all super loaded (think STTNG) IMO. But they were all released around the same time. Because of that, I'd go with WOZ since it really redefined "loaded" in the modern era.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

The B/W widebodies as a category are all super loaded (think STTNG) IMO. But they were all released around the same time. Because of that, I'd go with WOZ since it really redefined "loaded" in the modern era.

WOZ added to poll.

#6 3 years ago

Pinball Magic has quite a few doodads!!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Pinball Magic has quite a few doodads!!

Pinball Magic added. Will have to look more into that one.

#8 3 years ago

Banzai Run with 4 more flippers, targets, captive ball, dissapearing post, moving magnet on the upper playfield in the head. Yeah the main playfield is not crammed, but add it all up and it's a lot.

Lawlor seems to have a common theme going on here...

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Banzai Run with 4 more flippers, targets, captive ball, dissapearing post, moving magnet on the upper playfield in the head. Yeah the main playfield is not crammed, but add it all up and it's a lot.
    Lawlor seems to have a common theme going on here...

Added

#10 3 years ago

Ever seen the under side of a Haunted House playfield? Makes you not want to do a playfield swap.

Flippers (8), Pop bumpers (4), 5-bank drop targets (1), 4-bank drop targets (1), Kick-out holes (2), Up-kickers (2), Kicking target (4). Three Level Playfield. Secret passage (false target that drops down after impact to allow entrance to cellar). Trap door that opens for ball. Lightning animation in backglass.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuietEarp:

Ever seen the under side of a Haunted House playfield? Makes you not want to do a playfield swap.
    Flippers (8), Pop bumpers (4), 5-bank drop targets (1), 4-bank drop targets (1), Kick-out holes (2), Up-kickers (2), Kicking target (2?). Three Level Playfield. Secret passage (false target that drops down after impact to allow entrance to cellar). Trap door that opens for ball. Lightning animation in backglass.

Added

#12 3 years ago

"You had me at Twilight Zone."

#13 3 years ago

That’s a really tough call. I’d vote for TZ as the classic more obvious choice, but Road Show is a real sleeper in this category.

DI should be in the mix as well as LOTR.

#14 3 years ago

Per square inch ? Safecracker. More crammed into less space than any other pin. And one of the heaviest too.

LTG : )

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Per square inch ? Safecracker. More crammed into less space than any other pin. And one of the heaviest too.
    LTG : )

Added

#16 3 years ago

How come ST gets the LE for vote, but STH gets the Pro (and BKSoR gets no designation)? Wouldn't by default STH Prem/LE beat out STH Pro in a 1 on 1 vote? Why include the inferior version in a game of a vote of what game is most loaded of all time?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

"You had me at Twilight Zone."

I assume that will be the winner but the "for it's time" caveat has me really thinking about this differently. In the early 90s B/W were throwing kitchen sinks into games (IJ, STTNG, WH20, etc.) so TZ, even as crazy-loaded as it is was not such a complete shift. But the early 2000s saw some pretty bad / stripped-down Sterns until LOTR and TSPP showed up and of course WOZ took things to a even different level with two mini PFs, full RGB, huge monitor with HD animations, etc. etc. This one is a tough one for me to vote on.

#18 3 years ago

How did BK SOR make the list? I love the pin, but it's the antithesis of loaded.

#19 3 years ago

I own or have owned many games considered "loaded, " and I will have to say WOZ takes the cake.

#20 3 years ago

WOZ hands down. Two upper playfields with multiple shots and mechs, LCD (first ever), magnets, sculpted pops, flying monkey magnet drop, witch from under playfield, ramps, drop target, pop bumper game save mini game on left, rollover game save minigame on the right, crystal ball with second mini lcd, full rgb lighting (industry first) with still the best light show in the business, and super deep code. Ruby Red also added more custom sculptures.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

WOZ hands down. Two upper playfields with multiple shots and mechs, LCD (first ever), magnets, sculpted pops, flying monkey magnet drop, witch from under playfield, ramps, drop target, pop bumper game save mini game on left, rollover game save minigame on the right, crystal ball with second mini lcd, full rgb lighting (industry first) with still the best light show in the business, and super deep code. Ruby Red also added more custom sculptures.

I was going to vote POTC but it’s WOZ.

P3 Heist is also a contender

#22 3 years ago
    EFFB93BB-1087-43CB-A200-3E6B8B0192AD (resized).jpegEFFB93BB-1087-43CB-A200-3E6B8B0192AD (resized).jpeg
    #23 3 years ago

Heist by Multimorphic is a fairly loaded title. The entire platform has more technology packed into it than anything else on the market these days.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from tjw998:

Heist by Multimorphic is a fairly loaded title. The entire platform has more technology packed into it than anything else on the market these days.

Won't let me add any more games.

#25 3 years ago

I think Twilight Zone and WOZ both really made the competition step up and were great for the hobby.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

That's a shame

#27 3 years ago

When I think of a loaded pinball STTNG and WOZ come to mind. One is a masterpiece-the other one is a rainbow show with no flow.

#28 3 years ago

Also OP needs to add Stern Star Wars Premium/LE -that game blows away the majority of other titles on the poll.

#29 3 years ago

What would you guys say is/was the most “loaded” pinball machine ever? Off the top of my head I tend to think of modern JJPs like Dialed In and Pirates, but the old Williams wide bodies like Twilight Zone are pretty loaded. There are a few B and even C rate titles that are “loaded as well”. Roadshow was loaded. DE Jurassic Park and Stern JP are loaded (6 ball multiball, dino eats the ball). Heck, even Last Action Hero was loaded (6 ball multiball, 2 captive balls, giant crane toy, multiple magnets). Is there something I’m missing? Maybe adding a caveat, “for the time”. Adding a poll. I’ll add games as suggested.

Judge Dredd.
    4 flippers, 5 plastic ramps, multi level wireform ramps, 5 bank drop target, 2 auto plunger, magnetic crane, rotating planet and ring, 6 ball multiball, 3 captive balls.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from tjw998:

That's a shame

Funhouse? Jurassic Park? Makes no sense on this list.

#31 3 years ago

Nobody is mentioning coil count here?-what gives?

#32 3 years ago

Looks like a close contest between JJP and TZ. I think the better question may have been who makes the most loaded wide bodies, JJP or B/W?

#33 3 years ago

Stern Star Wars.

#34 3 years ago

Stranger things pro?

"I decided to go with a pro because it's so much more packed with features compared to the LE". Said no one ever.

#35 3 years ago

Why is the Hobbit not on here? Has more modes than any other game. Plenty of stuff on the playfield besides and is a widebody.

#36 3 years ago

Stern the pin

Honorable mention to AC DC prem

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Stranger things pro?
    "I decided to go with a pro because it's so much more packed with features compared to the LE". Said no one ever.

Stranger Things pro is on here for the same reason Thunderbirds is.

#38 3 years ago

That's a shame because I was hoping u would add the "who gives a fuck" option in the poll.

#39 3 years ago

For some reason I always feel like ghostbusters is my most 'loaded' game even though i've owned some of the others on the list above including JJP pirates which admittedly may have had more 'features'. It might be the theme and world under glass that is so well done on GB that gives it that feel.

#40 3 years ago

I read that the original r&d build bill for tz was over $1,000,000. Compare that budget to today’s monies... Pat wanted it to be the first game to use DCS as well, but it was curbed due to cost. This is a good topic, but based on timeframe tz takes the crown easily IMO.

#41 3 years ago

Woz

#42 3 years ago

Is BKSOR on there as a joke?

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That's a shame because I was hoping u would add the "who gives a fuck" option in the poll.

Lmfao

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

… Maybe ...

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That's a given for anything on pinside. Simply creating a dialogue for nerds to talk about games they love... and Thunderbirds.

#46 3 years ago

honorable mention: The Pinball Circus

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I found that game to be loaded. Loaded with fun. A great, fast pinball machine with a good theme, good animations and rules and for me good music.

#48 3 years ago

I'd say WOZ, proving more shit piled in a game does not make it better.

#49 3 years ago

Thunderbirds is by far the most loaded game on the list if we count misery and frustration.

#50 3 years ago

Stranger Things pro is on here for the same reason Thunderbirds is.

Ok, I thought you were off your rocker or something.

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-loaded-game-ever-poll-inside?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.