10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I have a Flash Gordon being restored. I really would like it to look as much like original incandescent as possible, but am ok going to LED if I can find one reasonably close. I realize none of them are going to light swell the same, but if I can get the same color kind of light great. I've had mixed luck with some of the retro leds, but my friends told me there are better ones out there now, so hitting the forum to get the collective opinion on best led-fake incandescent.

Also, any advice on LED'ing a starwars DE in terms of kits or anything? I have led'd it before but never got it to look"right" to me.

-ben

#2 10 years ago

Comet retros are the best! Here is a recent thread discussing the matter:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-full-led-coversion-with-comet-retros

Good luck!

#3 10 years ago

i just ordered a bunch of #555's (warm whites) from comet for my LW3, Ben.

i'll let you know how they look as soon as i get them.

they're out of the #44/47 style for a while yet, so just gonna put them in the backbox and try them under the playfield for now.

#4 10 years ago

This is great, thanks guys.

#5 10 years ago

In the past I've used "warm white non-frosted retro" LED's from Cointaker. I had one batch that unless I told you, you'd never know they were LED's, they quite literally looked just like old incandescent bulbs. Just don't try it with the warm white frosted as they are still great bulbs but they give off a neon look. I've used the warm white non-frosted type in several EM games with great satisfaction. These are definitely the closest to incandescent I have tried so far, and I've tried many, but I have not yet tried the LED's from Comet.

#6 10 years ago

Our Retros are scheduled to be back in stock in about 3 weeks, all colors, both bases, and new to the market will be these retros in frosted! I am excited to see them.
    There will be a formal post for the 320 degree bulb in 2 weeks when stock arrives. I am proud to say, "The Best GI BULB" in existence.
    Equally, I have reached an agreement to offer the No-Flix type bulb from Europe, as the current US distributor! No Ghost, No Flicker, reduced Strobing. Prices will be quite a bit less then currently found.
    They will be sold under the brand, "Ultimate OPTIX"

The retros, (and mind you there are 2 types of bulbs offered as "retros") are in my opinion the closest to incandescent that the market has.

Oh, in addition, to our other exclusive bulbs...2 SMD faceted regular, and 4 -SMD non ghosting,
    I will be offering an testing a 6 SMD Fan, and a double stacked 4 over 4 for an 8SMD at 6.3 V

www.cometpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-incandescent-like-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.