(Topic ID: 224958)

Which pin has improved the most with code this year?

By Vino

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game has improved the most this year with code?”

• GOTG 22 votes
    13%
  • BM66 84 votes
    51%
  • Houdini 2 votes
    1%
  • AS 17 votes
    10%
  • TNA 1 vote
    1%
  • Hobbit 29 votes
    17%
  • AC/DC 5 votes
    3%
  • RZ 2 votes
    1%
  • SW 4 votes
    2%

(166 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Fall is approaching and when I tend to play more pinball.

With many titles hitting the market, it’s hard to keep track of others that have benefited greatly from updates so far in 2018!

What pin has improved the most this year from code and is worth seeking out to flip (again), - why?

#2 5 years ago

This year? ACDC was already great, but it got polished up even more. I guess ACDC

#3 5 years ago

GotG changed completely with the new code. Now it's fairly well balanced and rewards actually playing the modes.

#4 5 years ago

From the posting I saw it's gotta be Aerosmith. My wife likes the game so hopefully the location will have the update soon.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

From the posting I saw it's gotta be Aerosmith. My wife likes the game so hopefully the location will have the update soon.

I was reading through that and it didn't really seem to make any notable changes outside of the wizard modes?

#7 5 years ago

Added poll - LMK if I missed any titles

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BM66 no contest.

How can Bm66 be considered when its not even at 1.0 code? Do have to say the code inclusions have been great ones.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

How can Bm66 be considered when its not even at 1.0 code?

Because the question is “which game has improved the most with code this year” without a doubt that’s BM66 followed by GOTG.

#11 5 years ago

I vote Aerosmith. The recent update is the biggest I’ve ever seen! I’m especially excited to have drain sound effects now... but seriously, we’re talking BIG improvements here

#12 5 years ago

Hard for me to judge B66 fairly, because I only have a dozen or two plays on it and dislike the theme and overall game..

For me GOTG is most improved - from unfun, to a solid game all from code improvements. Should not have been released in its original form, but now it's something I may own someday... I still wish it had MET's inline drops though, that would remove the "may" there.

#13 5 years ago

BM66 for me, 12 code updates during this period. There's been varying levels of code drops but overall this one for me.

#14 5 years ago

I voted Hobbit because the amount of polish was just insane. New callouts, light effects, sound effects, mode and multiball rules, and change in overall strategy of the game were added. And that was to an already fully coded game! But probably the correct answer to the question is technically BM66. There really was NO code a year ago. Now it is a full game. But it does point out how sad it is that consumers accepted this. People praise one manufacturer for putting out many half coded games a year quickly, then criticize another for slower production with more fully coded games. The pinball buying base can't seem to hold onto their (my) wallets long enough to demand that manufactures give us more complete games on a decent schedule. I would happily accept 1 or 2 new games a year per manufacturer if they had a full code on release. Especially given how many companies are making games now.

#15 5 years ago

Hobbit - end this thread

Honestly I had the pucker factor and gamble only bringing 2 of my games with me to japan banking on JJP to make this game great. The wait was worth it in my opinion and I put up a 60
Minute killer yesterday almost getting to “there and back again.”

JJP- Arigato!

#16 5 years ago

BM66 without a doubt.....the game has gotten incredible, initial code was about non existent, now, staggering and crazy fun yet still not done!!!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

BM66 without a doubt.....the game has gotten incredible, initial code was about non existent, now, staggering and crazy fun yet still not done!!!

I agree!!! BM66 is an awesome game now.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I voted Hobbit because the amount of polish was just insane. New callouts, light effects, sound effects, mode and multiball rules, and change in overall strategy of the game were added. And that was to an already fully coded game! But probably the correct answer to the question is technically BM66. There really was NO code a year ago. Now it is a full game. But it does point out how sad it is that consumers accepted this. People praise one manufacturer for putting out many half coded games a year quickly, then criticize another for slower production with more fully coded games. The pinball buying base can't seem to hold onto their (my) wallets long enough to demand that manufactures give us more complete games on a decent schedule. I would happily accept 1 or 2 new games a year per manufacturer if they had a full code on release. Especially given how many companies are making games now.

Hobbit yes. There are 31 different modes in this game, prior to the latest release there was only ever reason to play 3 of them. I'd say that's a huge change.

#19 5 years ago

Playing gotg .66 release code and playing 1.03 is a world of difference. The game is now a solid player IMO before it just did t make sense.

#20 5 years ago

Big Trifecta

Batman 66
GOTG
AEROSMITH

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Big Trifecta
Batman 66
GOTG
AEROSMITH

My thoughts exactly ASOA!

#22 5 years ago

hobbit

#23 5 years ago

hopefully kiss in the next few weeks!

#24 5 years ago

Which game improved the most from code? BM66

Which is the best game because of code improvements? Hobbit

#25 5 years ago

No KISS included in poll?

#26 5 years ago

Another poll. Another bunch of subjective responses unfortunately.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I was reading through that and it didn't really seem to make any notable changes outside of the wizard modes?

More smart missiles, better light show, skills shots, outlanes sounds and points, sounds for the ducks. Lots of great stuff!

#28 5 years ago

TNA with the co-op modes!

#29 5 years ago

Has to be The Hobbit. Hugely improved game now..

#30 5 years ago

I need to put some time on these machines with the latest code. Sadly, most of these machines are not nearby.

1 month later
#31 5 years ago

Batman 66 has to be the clear winner here, since it is night and day difference between launch of 2016 V.48 (or something like that) to V.98. Now it is a monster fun machine and really gets your adrenaline pumping with all the sounds and fun injected into the new code. 1.0 is right around the corner and still Lyman will treat us to further polish and awesomeness, to make our investment in the best theme, TV/movie integration pinball machine, stay king of the movie/TV IPs. What game does it better?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-improved-pin-with-code- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.