New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 49291)

Most games played on a machine?

By louknees

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by KJL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Totalpaidcredits.JPG

#1 7 years ago

I was breaking down my Chicago Coin Gold Record to bring to Allentown last night and I noticed a counter that kept track of the number of plays on it. The number was 106,991 which I thought was staggering.

The game was made in 1975.

But when you break it down, 106,991 divided by the number of years (35) it's about 2900 plays a year.

Break that down into days and its about 8 plays a day.

The game plays great too, no problems with it at all.

What's the most games played on a machine you've ever seen?

I was just curious.

#2 7 years ago

There are 98,000 plays on my Bow and Arrow EM. Second most I have ever seen. I once saw a Ms. Pac Man with over 220,000 plays on it. It was owned by Cleveland Coin in the 80's. Looked like it was on route for the better part of 20 years.

#3 7 years ago

Well... the counter on my Bally "Wizard!" EM is sitting at 94522 at the moment.
Of course, considering that it is only a five digit counter one could wonder...

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

I was breaking down my Chicago Coin Gold Record to bring to Allentown last night and I noticed a counter that kept track of the number of plays on it. The number was 106,991 which I thought was staggering.
The game was made in 1975.
But when you break it down, 106,991 divided by the number of years (35) it's about 2900 plays a year.
Break that down into days and its about 8 plays a day.
The game plays great too, no problems with it at all.
What's the most games played on a machine you've ever seen?
I was just curious.

That is staggering considering the way you broke it down to days

#5 7 years ago

my captain fantastic had 108k

#6 7 years ago

Would love a MM owner to chime in

#7 7 years ago

There have to be TAFs out there with >200K. MMs, AFMs, and many other games must have done really well in the 90s as well.

I have an AFM that has had almost 40K on it since 2005 and it spent one year in storage.

#8 7 years ago

I was wondering about some of the popular EMs from the 1950s/60s. Mine was from 1975 and I don't think it was the most played game and the person I got it from hadn't really played it in the 5 years they had it, maybe 100 plays a year.

There could be some slick chicks out there with 300,000 plays

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

There have to be TAFs out there with >200K. MMs, AFMs, and many other games must have done really well in the 90s as well.
I have an AFM that has had almost 40K on it since 2005 and it spent one year in storage.

Yeah, but the chances of finding one that has never lost it's audit information would be all but impossible. Most manual coin counters through the late 70's only had 5 places unless they were replaced by an aftermarket device. In the aforementioned Ms. Pac, there was documentation with dates backing up the 220K plays in the coin door.

#10 7 years ago

Maybe. Many games that I operated still have the audit info for the whole time that I have operated them. As long as there was no major CPU issues where the CPU board was switched out, the stats are there.

Quoted from snyper2099:

Yeah, but the chances of finding one that has never lost it's audit information would be all but impossible. Most manual coin counters through the late 70's only had 5 places unless they were replaced by an aftermarket device. In the aforementioned Ms. Pac, there was documentation with dates backing up the 220K plays in the coin door.

#11 7 years ago

My Surf Champ has 137622 plays in counter. 37 years, average 3720 games per year

#12 7 years ago

See, and I just always inherently assume these things are wrong. I will look at my Card Trix when I get home..I know it has one in there...no clue if it WORKS or not, lol...

#13 7 years ago

I once saw a TAF still on route at a bar that the Electric Chair scoop hole was worn to the size and shape (as in round) of a juice can.

That had to represent several hundred thousand plays. Everything still mostly worked.

It was really easy to make the scoop shot :-0

RM

#14 7 years ago

here is a link to a guy here on pinside with IJ4 over 100K plays

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stern-indiana-jones-just-turned-100000-plays-and-look-at-it

that would be 20K plays/year (55 plays/day)

#15 7 years ago

hmmm...

royal guard - 27,968, i'd wager that is really 127,698...
4 square - 91,902
jacks open - 141,561...

#16 7 years ago

I remember reading that thread. It is nice to see pins earning so well in this age, even is it is a IJ4.

Quoted from rai:

here is a link to a guy here on pinside with IJ4 over 100K plays
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stern-indiana-jones-just-turned-100000-plays-and-look-at-it
that would be 20K plays/year (55 plays/day)

#17 7 years ago

There are 13 MM on location around Portland right now. I've heard from folks that would know that some are approaching $100k in earnings. 150k plays each easy.

I looked at a LOTR with 41k plays. The jittery pic below actually makes it look better. It was wrecked. Guy wanted $2.5k. I said no thanks.

Totalpaidcredits.JPG

#18 7 years ago

My AFM has a physical counter that says 629,591. I figure it has been on many games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 11.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hardware
Pinball Haus
$ 219.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside