• 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bud (resized).jpg
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Another vote for Fish Tales and I would add Spiderman.

SM isn't deep? Disagree, big time.

To answer the question: IM and FT for the win.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

SM isn't deep? Disagree, big time.

I think SM was said in that you can pick up and play (know what shots to hit etc..) so it's easy to explain to someone. I agree the timed modes and the shot multipliers are more complex but you can ignore them if you are a novice player and still have fun with the villain shots.

#53 6 years ago

T2. Shoot the skull, shoot the targets, repeat.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Gilligans island, super easy rules, but what a blast to play!

Gilligan's Island was the first game I encountered in a private home, which opened my eyes to the fact that one could actually own your own pinball machine. It quickly went downhill from there, at a 6,5 degree slope.

#55 6 years ago

BBH, FT, & IM are all great shooter's with simple rules

#56 6 years ago

Theatre of Magic

#57 6 years ago

The tales of fish.

#58 6 years ago

Another vote for Scared Stiff here...

#59 6 years ago

Funhouse

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Fish Tales for me

Ditto...miss my Fish Tales, it was a whopper!

#61 6 years ago

TNA sure looks like it would work for you.

I haven't played it personally, but it looks awesome.

Simple and modern too. Debating putting a deposit on one myself.

#62 6 years ago

Not sure this fits the "modern" criteria, but I think Pinbot is a really fun game for someone with no pinball experience to walk up to and enjoy. Bash the center targets and load the eyes for multiball, plus it has great music.

#63 6 years ago

Tron, IM, BSD, and Taxi. My four favorite "shallow" games.

#64 6 years ago

I don't find Aerosmith terribly deep but I do find it very fun and incredible addictive.

#65 6 years ago

Taxi for the win
Iron Man for a close runner-up
Tron gets honorable mention
Others in the hunt: Diner, MB, TOM

#66 6 years ago

So many to list! For me:

Tx-Sector, Whirlwind, Taxi, and Robo-War all come to mind first.

#67 6 years ago

Iron Man
Tron
Dracula

#68 6 years ago

Wow. Where the he'll are the votes for Doctor Who? This is outrageous.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It was not designed with them, that was not the designers intent, nor does he have them on his personal machine.
But we'll have to keep having this discussion.

Tell us more...

#70 6 years ago

They designed the game normally and near the end French (oui oui) Importers wanted shorter ball times on games. THey talked Williams in to using the lightening flipper and Mark Ritchie thought it would be OK but it did in fact change the game more than her thought. He didn't really like it and he keeps normal flippers on his machine.

As heard on TOP podcast. Sorry can;t get to the files form worky.

#71 6 years ago

I'm going to agree with Getaway. Great simple game. Iron Man for second place.

#72 6 years ago

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

#73 6 years ago

HS
WW
FT
IM
TAXI

#75 6 years ago

Bsd, ft , hs2 come to mind.

#76 6 years ago

AFM - easy to understand and streamlined rules make this the gold standard.

BSD- Stack and start 3 multiballs for 30 Mil per shot.

Centaur - Hit drop targets, build multiplier and start multiballs - pure fun.

Getaway - run 3 red lights and hit the super jackpot. Feed balls into the super charger and watch them spin around before starting multiball.

TNA - game should fit this bill, we'll see.

#77 6 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions - it's a great reminder how many awesome games are out there!

#78 6 years ago

Corvette, fishtales, nascar and getaway to name a few

#79 6 years ago

Getaway yes, Fish Tales yes, but no love for T2 on this list? C'moooooooon.....

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wow. Where the he'll are the votes for Doctor Who? This is outrageous.

My favorite game, but I don't think the rule set is shallow. Choose a doctor for different scoring / mode options and gameplay strategy, rescue more doctors to change your strategy, Multiball is locked 5 layers deep in shots (hit the target to light locks, lock the balls, knock out the dalek armor, hit the spinner, THEN multiball), vid mode is integrated into game success strategy, as are successive loops and loop combos.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

My favorite game, but I don't think the rule set is shallow. Choose a doctor for different scoring / mode options and gameplay strategy, rescue more doctors to change your strategy, Multiball is locked 5 layers deep in shots (hit the target to light locks, lock the balls, knock out the dalek armor, hit the spinner, THEN multiball), vid mode is integrated into game success strategy, as are successive loops and loop combos.

Spinner?

My vote goes for getaway. Iron man is another great choice.

#82 6 years ago

For me this would be FT, BSD or Getaway. All easy to understand and have this unique replay factor.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Spinner?
My vote goes for getaway. Iron man is another great choice.

Erm, I guess gates more than spinners, hidden underground. After locking 2 balls, the mini pf rises, revealing dalek armor. After 15 hits on the armor, the mini pf rises again, revealing 3 gates over scoops. It's the coolest mini pf I've ever seen, really fun.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Erm, I guess gates more than spinners, hidden underground. After locking 2 balls, the mini pf rises, revealing dalek armor. After 15 hits on the armor, the mini pf rises again, revealing 3 gates over scoops. It's the coolest mini pf I've ever seen, really fun.

He speaks the truth. love DW, although I disagree the play isn't shallow. The main focus of the game is getting multiball and defeating the Daleks/Davros. Very much like AFM, where the main focus is straight up the middle. It is a lot of steps to get to MB, but it's still fairly similar to the steps needed in AFM. The mini PF is a MILLION times cooler, though. No, I am not arguing DW is a superior game, just that it's got a lot of awesome similarities.

#85 6 years ago

I'm sayin' Getaway. Especially a nice clean one with a color DMD and a freshly waxed playfield. Wooooooooo!

1 month later
#86 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They designed the game normally and near the end French (oui oui) Importers wanted shorter ball times on games. THey talked Williams in to using the lightening flipper and Mark Ritchie thought it would be OK but it did in fact change the game more than her thought. He didn't really like it and he keeps normal flippers on his machine.
As heard on TOP podcast. Sorry can;t get to the files form worky.

Very interesting! I listened to the TOP podcast... I will change out my flippers to see how it changes the game. Thanks.

#87 6 years ago

TNA fits this "non-deep fun game" category to a T. Simple objective, but difficult to attain. Can't wait to get mine!

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-fun-non-deep-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.