Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    IMG_1252 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0052 (resized).jpeg
    7067 (resized).jpeg
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 months ago

I'm starting to see the light on 2" e.m pinball flipper games. Curious what you pinsiders find the most fun games in the 2" flipper side of things?
    I absolutely adore my 1964 Williams heat wave

#2 4 months ago

#3 4 months ago

I like 4 Square. (Same year as 2001 (1971))

I consider the wizard mode is getting to lite specials.

And then getting that knocker to crack multiple times.

#4 4 months ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I like 4 Square. (Same year as 2001 (1971))
    I consider the wizard mode is getting to lite specials.
    And then getting that knocker to crack multiple times.

Astro is boss!
    Check out Scuba, Kings and Queens, and Hurdy Gurdy for Gottlieb!
    Bally zipper flipper games are awesome as well

#5 4 months ago

Bank-A-Ball

#6 4 months ago

Target pool! It would almost be too easy with 3s

My friend and I each own Rack A ball which has been enjoyable.

#7 4 months ago

target alpha and diamond jack/king of diamonds

#8 4 months ago

Heat Wave
    Astro
    Teacher's Pet
    Magic Circle

#9 4 months ago
    Quoted from PlayBetter:

target alpha and diamond jack/king of diamonds

Are they 3-inch flipper games?

Quoted from EJS:

Target pool! It would almost be too easy with 3s
    My friend and I each own Rack A ball which has been enjoyable.

Target Pool and the AAB Mini Pool are fantastic. After I played one at Pintastic I HAD to get one. Awesome game. Drop-A-Card and Pop-A-Card are great too. Very addicting “one more game” feeling on those ones.

#10 4 months ago

PBR

#11 4 months ago

I love my Teacher's Pet.

#12 4 months ago

Sing Along

#13 4 months ago

Geeze I never seen Astro before. So many games in a short time frame. I figured 2" flipper games in a a more traditional cabinet, meaning non woodrail.probaly started in late 1959/1960 till around 1971 the latest, so about 11-12years

#14 4 months ago

WMS ‘67 Kickoff AAB

#15 4 months ago

I also like the bell noises of the 2" flipper era, don't get me wrong, chimes are nice Aswell but perhaps I hardly see any 2" 60s era flippers, so the bells are very cool

#16 4 months ago

Slick chick,

7067 (resized).jpeg7067 (resized).jpeg
    #17 4 months ago
    Quoted from Judoratt:

Slick chick,
    [quoted image]

Please elaborate on how to make this game fun.

#18 4 months ago

2001, Teachers Pet

#19 4 months ago

I've always liked Snow Queen (Gottlieb, 1970). Or the 2p Snow Derby if you prefer.

Nothing like a good hit on either of those spinners with its 2" flippers.

#20 4 months ago

Gottlieb Surf Side

#21 4 months ago

Scuba, Snow Queen, 2001, and maybe the only AAB that has better rules than the normal version - Fun Park.

#22 4 months ago

I like Dodge City.

Allows up to 4 players, and has opportunities for stealing big points/extra balls.

#23 4 months ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Please elaborate on how to make this game fun.

Rebuild and resleve flippers, pops and slingshots and it will play like new.

#24 4 months ago

Palooka
    Melody

#25 4 months ago

Sing Along
    Flipper Clown
    Magic Circle
    4 Square
    Scuba
    Diamond Jack

#26 4 months ago

Fireball

#27 4 months ago

Gator

#28 4 months ago

Most titles by Ted Zale.

#29 4 months ago

King & Queens
    Bank-A-Ball
    Buckaroo

#30 4 months ago

I actually like 2001 so much that I tracked down the actual pinball machine we briefly had in our house when I was growing up and it now resides in my home office. Despite many other machines entering and leaving the rotation over the years, there has always been a spot of honor for 2001 in our collection!

#31 4 months ago

Magic Circle has been mentioned a couple times already. I concur. One of my favorites. Zale games in general are worth playing.

Pit Stop gets a lot of love. Great 2 player game.

Most of the mid-60s Williams stuff is high caliber. I have a Moulin Rouge and love it.

#32 4 months ago

College Queens! So fun, one of the best dollar bet games to play, love that game.
    B

#33 4 months ago

I'm surprised by Magic Circle being mentioned. It's obviously a looker but had heard it wasn't much of a player?

#34 4 months ago
    Quoted from Judoratt:

Rebuild and resleve flippers, pops and slingshots and it will play like new.

Majority of the game is hitting the top lanes off the plunge and hoping it hits the center target a few times on the way down. No satisfying shots, too much of a luck box.

#35 4 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I'm surprised by Magic Circle being mentioned. It's obviously a looker but had heard it wasn't much of a player?

Realistically it probably isn't. Everyone that plays mine hates it because it is crazy difficult. For some reason the angles and scoring advances really click with my brain. It is my favorite game I own, but I don't recommend it to casual players. I've always wanted to pick up Trio as it has a lot of similarities to Magic Circle but adds a bonus advance/collect element to the gameplay.

#36 4 months ago

4 Queens by Patla

#37 4 months ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

4 Queens by Patla

I didn't realize Patla ever designed a game with zipper flippers. I always think of him as 3" flippers and the center pop-up a la Space Time.

#38 4 months ago

Pit Stop
    The Wiggler
    Big Daddy
    Jumpin' Jacks

#39 4 months ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

I didn't realize Patla ever designed a game with zipper flippers. I always think of him as 3" flippers and the center pop-up a la Space Time.

I was surprised too. Played it at the VFW and was amazed at how good of a player it was, simply a fun fast game. Highly underated.

The center pop up was designed to work with the 3" flippers and reduce costs. The zipper mech is a bit complex and takes up a lot of the lower playfield.

#40 4 months ago

Hurdy Gurdy
    Hot Line

#41 4 months ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Majority of the game is hitting the top lanes off the plunge and hoping it hits the center target a few times on the way down. No satisfying shots, too much of a luck box.

Have you worked on the Flippers and pops?

#42 4 months ago

Daffie
    Gtb Majorettes
    Nip It

#43 4 months ago

Gottlieb:

Flipper Fair
    Flipper Clown
    Slick Chick
    Majorettes
    Ice Show (but wish it had Ice Revue's lower layout)
    Subway
    Diamond Jack
    Melody
    Surf Side
    Paul Bunyan
    Mini Pool
    Card Trix
    Snow Derby
    Astro
    Pop-A-Card

Bally:

Dixieland
    The Wiggler
    Cosmos

Williams:

King Pin
    Beat The Clock
    Heat Wave
    A-Go-Go

#44 4 months ago

Ice show is one of my all time favorites games. I had to find one for the house. You are constantly chasing different targets/ sequences to try to get the next AAB. Nudging is an absolute must. It just feels like the purest “pinball” game I’ve ever played, whatever that means. It is also the game I use to explain risk/ reward and objectives/ sequences to new players who are ready to move or from just wildly flipping at the ball.

Bally surfers is also a ridiculously fun game. I bought it, having never played it, based solely on the theme, artwork and playfield layout. Man was I thrilled when I finally got it working after it sitting broken for over a year. It’s so brutal, and an absolute blast once you learn how to tame the slings with nudges. If the balloon sequence wasn’t a carryover it’d be an alltime competition game. (Hoping to mod mine to reset the sequence at every game start once I finish my current projects)

#45 4 months ago

This is the correct answer.

#46 4 months ago

Can’t believe Flip a Card has not been mentioned.

I’m definitely more of a fan of the 3” flipper EMs of the 70s but Flip a Card is always a blast to play.

#47 4 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

It is deceptively simple but hard to master.
    But you are correct
    a lot of my love for that game is the looks.

#48 4 months ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

This is the correct answer.

Well, The Wiggler is one of those that once it arrives, it has no reason to ever leave.

But, Pit Stop has been like that for over 10 years now.

#49 4 months ago

I love the pop bumper action on Crosstown.

IMG_0052 (resized).jpegIMG_0052 (resized).jpegIMG_1252 (resized).jpegIMG_1252 (resized).jpeg
    #50 4 months ago

No particular order

Teachers Pet
    College Queens
    Dodge City

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.