darling2.jpg
darling1.jpg
image-2.jpg
circus voltaire pinball2.jpg
image-15.jpg
lasercuepf.jpg
lasercue.jpg
woz-shoes.jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I'm talking about the complete opposite of say a Centaur. Some table you could never own or your friends would give you too much crap. Like, say my buddy here, who just took gleefully took home a Dolly Parton and it's safe to say he doesn't live anywhere near Nashville.
Please keep your posts respectful

#2 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Farfalla

#3 9 years ago

I think that may be the winner. I just picked up one of these for the wife and daughter for Xmas.

Spanish Eyes/Granada

photo 3t.jpgphoto 3t.jpg
#4 9 years ago

You ain't kid'n about Farfalla. It looks like My Little Pony...

#5 9 years ago

There are some pretty bad-ass tables that prominently feature women - Barracora, Iron Maiden, Andromeda, Panthera, Cheetah - that I'd be proud to have in my collection. But I wouldn't be caught dead with a Dolly Parton.

#6 9 years ago

Dolly Parton!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

There are some pretty bad-ass tables that prominently feature women - Barracora, Iron Maiden, Andromeda, Panthera, Cheetah - that I'd be proud to have in my collection. But I wouldn't be caught dead with a Dolly Parton.

I think that's different than a feminine theme tho. Those are theme's that feature women in the art work, but aren't necessarily a female friendly theme. I think TotAN and CV are a couple with some female appeal.

I'm not saying that other games with a more masculine theme like Centuar don't appeal to women, but there are definitely pins that seem designed to appeal to the softer side of things

#8 9 years ago

Here's a couple that are pretty much the opposite of manly.

WestclubA.jpgWestclubA.jpg WestClub.jpgWestClub.jpg FashionShow.jpgFashionShow.jpg
#9 9 years ago
Quoted from JBK:

Dolly Parton!

I'm picking up a Dolly Parton next week. Can I still keep my "man card" if I place it next to Centaur in my line-up Its natural spot in my line-up would be next to my Roy Clark cocktail.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here's a couple that are pretty much the opposite of manly.

WestclubA.jpg 100 KB

WestClub.jpg 308 KB

FashionShow.jpg 204 KB

Does that pin have nixie tubes in it? That's pretty cool!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm picking up a Dolly Parton next week. Can I still keep my "man card" if I place it next to Centaur in my line-up Its natural spot in my line-up would be next to my Roy Clark cocktail.

I'm pretty sure that when I put Spanish Eyes next to my Black Knight 2000 it will open a portal to hell.

#12 9 years ago

WOZ slam coming in 10...9...8...7...

#13 9 years ago

Yes, Nixie tubes. I think all Rally games did. You don't see them too often in the States though.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was wondering how it got so deep in the thread before someone mentioned WOZ. I love the game but the theme is on the feminene side.

#15 9 years ago

The chicks depicted in Barracora, Iron Maiden, Andromeda, Panthera & Cheetah would probably drink most guys under the table and menace the would be Dolly Parton buyer right out of his purchase.
BTW. The Iron Maiden chick is the hottest ever

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I'm talking about the complete opposite of say a Centaur.

Looks like Centaur's being ridden by a dom and he's got the leather daddy thing going on. His sexual orientation seems pretty nebulous.

#17 9 years ago

BoP is pretty feminine. The play field is designed to look like a female body.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was wondering how it got so deep in the thread before someone mentioned WOZ. I love the game but the theme is on the feminene side.

Why do some people think that? Because the two main characters (Dorothy and the Wicked Witch) are female? There are fight scenes (haunted forest, cowardly lion entrances, in the castle), there are two death scenes (wicked witch of the east and wicked witch of the west), and there are flying monkeys too.

If a little song and dance makes all of you over masculine men afraid to admit that you like the movie, then there are some underlying issues that you should have resolved with some professional help.

I for one LOVE the Wizard of Oz theme and pinball and believe that most people would consider me to be a "manly man" (whatever that means).

#19 9 years ago

What about spring break? The dude in a speedo on the backglass must be for the ladies.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I for one LOVE the Wizard of Oz theme and pinball and believe that most people would consider me to be a "manly man" (whatever that means).

+1.. I love the Wizard of Oz theme as well. Timeless theme and a great story. It's a quest not unlike LOTR and Hobbit. I watched the movie every year as a kid and to this day I still think the wicked witch and the flying monkeys are scary. I think it's the perfect pinball theme.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Why do some people think that? Because the two main characters (Dorothy and the Wicked Witch) are female? There are fight scenes (haunted forest, cowardly lion entrances, in the castle), there are two death scenes (wicked witch of the east and wicked witch of the west), and there are flying monkeys too.
If a little song and dance makes all of you over masculine men afraid to admit that you like the movie, then there are some underlying issues that you should have resolved with some professional help.

woz-shoes.jpgwoz-shoes.jpg
#22 9 years ago

Circus Voltaire sprang to mind when reading the title.

#23 9 years ago

So you're telling me that in a steel cage death match between Centaur, the no-neck'd Paragon dude, Gorgar and Dolly, she's the only one that comes out alive?

#25 9 years ago

Laser Cue has been accused of being gay.

I think it is a matter of the usual "sexualization" of pinball art packages, and this one happens to be created by a woman. Between the bra-armor, dickhead helmets, tightly clenched buttocks on the playfield from behind and the white projectile frosting on the BG shooting out of the "Laser Cue" and hitting balls... it is definitely sexually charged, but from Pam Erickson's POV. I think it's absolutely hilarious to hear insecure men complain about this game or tell me that they won't play it because it's too threatening to their own sense of sexuality.

Btw... this game is a true player. Alien Poker, but with better rules and no spots to stall the ball on the PF (saucers). Sometimes I wonder if multiball would make this game better, and then I realize this is one of the best single ball aiming/accuracy shooters ever designed (16 shots on the PF with no ramps!) and the best player Edward Tomaszewski ever put together. I have a copy in my stable and it's never leaving. If I ever get to meet Pam or Edward, I will shake their hand and see if I can get a story out of them about this table.

Play on y'all!

lasercue.jpglasercue.jpg lasercuepf.jpglasercuepf.jpg
#26 9 years ago

image-15.jpgimage-15.jpg
#27 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't know why you thumbs-downed me, Crash. I'm a huge WOZ lover. I was just making the point that somebody narrow-minded was going to chime in here and say it's a girly game, especially because of the ruby slippers. (I don't think it's girly at all.) That was the point of my post - I think you may have misread it.

#28 9 years ago

Another vote for BoP , looks feminine for sure

#29 9 years ago

I vote "butterfly"
There is a CL ad near me where the poster says it's the perfect man cave piece.

#30 9 years ago

ice show, ice revue

#31 9 years ago

Faces?

#33 9 years ago

Future Spa is pretty girlie.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from subsailortrainma:

Future Spa is pretty girlie.

I'm aware of at least three people local to me that aren't "allowed" to own that game because their wives object.

#35 9 years ago

circus voltaire pinball2.jpgcircus voltaire pinball2.jpg

#36 9 years ago

Grab your picket signs fella's ...image-2.jpgimage-2.jpg

#37 9 years ago

Metallica!

Those who disagree obviously have not seen some kind of monster documentary

#38 9 years ago

Oh man, this reminds me how much I want a Laser Cue, backglass be damned. Someone sell me one.

#39 9 years ago

Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy (Elton John)

#40 9 years ago

I came here expecting to see Embryon on the list. Especially since Pinball Molly once described it as the only machine with a vagina on the playfield. lol

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yes, Nixie tubes. I think all Rally games did. You don't see them too often in the States though.

There's a West Club at The Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda.

#42 9 years ago

Dolly parton.
Raven.
I always thought Elvira was pretty girly too, even though it's meant to be the opposite.

#43 9 years ago

No one's mentioned Hardbody?

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

No one's mentioned Hardbody?

That's a woman on the backglass?

I could have sworn it was a guy....

#45 9 years ago

Darling.

Although it's very similar to Skylab.

darling1.jpgdarling1.jpgdarling2.jpgdarling2.jpg

#46 9 years ago

papa9_108.jpgpapa9_108.jpg satin-doll-2208-1.jpgsatin-doll-2208-1.jpg
#47 9 years ago

Magic Girl

334522-i.jpg334522-i.jpg

#48 9 years ago

Holy #$%% Magic Girl does exist!!!!!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from dhutton:

Darling.
Although it's very similar to Skylab.

More "similar" to Jubilee

I like Skylab better though.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Magic Girl

334522-i.jpg 34 KB

Those look like from months ago
They're further along now too...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-feminineunmanly-pinball-titles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.