• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

baywatch_1 (resized).jpg
BarbWire (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Trying to settle a debate, who is the most featured person in all of pinball. I.e., what real life human being has been represented the most on pinball machines? Is is Sylvester Stallone, Harrison Ford, Arnold Schwarz, etc.,...?

#2 7 years ago

Most featured girl is Brooke Shields

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Trying to settle a debate, who is the most featured person in all of pinball. I.e., what real life human being has been represented the most on pinball machines? Is is Sylvester Stallone, Harrison Ford, Gene Stallings, Arnold Schwarz, etc.,...?

Pretty sure they came to the conclusion it was Harrison Ford

#4 7 years ago

Bill Paxton has to be somewhere near the top of this list.

#5 7 years ago

The guy who has missed out, William Hootkins
He was in Flash Gordon, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman 1989, but is not on any game

#6 7 years ago

Holy crap I was JUST going to start this topic.

Anyway as far as call outs we have some people on multiple machines. Like John Rhys-Davies on LOTR and IJ has speech. Obviously Harrison Ford. A few wrestlers and their likenesses. Arnold many times with custom call outs too. Many others.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Pretty sure they came to the conclusion it was Harrison Ford

Except Harrison Ford refused to have his image used on IJ. Not sure about the others.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Trying to settle a debate, who is the most featured person in all of pinball. I.e., what real life human being has been represented the most on pinball machines? Is is Sylvester Stallone, Harrison Ford, Gene Stallings, Arnold Schwarz, etc.,...?

Gene Stallings?

A lot of people have been on two machines... even William Shatner's been on two pinball machines!

Ford's been on Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure-(stern) and Star Wars

Swartzenegger's been on Terminator 2: Judgment Day , Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines , Last Action Hero

I'm sure I missed some.

#9 7 years ago

David Prowse: Star Wars Trilogy (Sega), Star Wars (Data East), Star Wars (Sonic), The Empire Strikes Back (Hankin).

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Most featured girl is Brooke Shields

edit
is Sigourney Weaver on Avatar and Aliens?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Overphase:

Gene Stallings?
A lot of people have been on two machines... even William Shatner's been on two pinball machines!
Ford's been on Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure Indiana Jones and Star Wars
Swartzenegger's been on Terminator 2: Judgment Day , Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines , Last Action Hero
I'm sure I missed some.

add World Defender to Arnies list

#12 7 years ago

If Bill Paxton is on Alien that makes four for him.

Arnold is on 5 if you include the unreleased Total Recall.

#13 7 years ago

Arnie has been in 7 games:

Terminator 2 (Williams), Terminator 3 (Stern), and Last Action Hero (Data East). That’s three.

But he also appeared in a game with an unlicensed theme, viz SkitB’s Predator. So that’s four.

And he’s also been in the unreleased Data East Total Recall. So that’s five.

Arnie also features in two conversion kit games, as Pop Bumper Pete pointed out a while back: Nuova Bell Games’ World Defender, a conversion kit for Bally games, and Rowamet Indústria Eletrometalúrgica’s Conan, a conversion kit specifically for Bally’s Rolling Stones.

There's more about this here: http://pavlovpinball.com/exclusive-mr-pinball-revealed/

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Overphase:

Ford's been on Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure Indiana Jones and Star Wars
\

harrison ford is on star wars trilogy as well. han solo in carbonite yo! and on the playfield and backglass

#15 7 years ago

ARNOLD!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Overphase:

Gene Stallings?

Ha, I fixed that. Had a brain fart and meant Gene Simmons, not the former head football coach of Alabama.

#17 7 years ago

edit

And on Ghostbusters.

#18 7 years ago

A king. A generic king. MM, MMR, Jokerz, countless SS and EMs etc.

#19 7 years ago

Bill Paxton also on Twister

#20 7 years ago

Laurel and Hardy:

Cinema/Hollywood
Prospector
Flicker

Roger Sharpe:

Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter II
Cyclopes

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Roger Sharpe:
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter II
Cyclopes

If stuff like that counts then Paul Faris's children have been on a ton

#22 7 years ago

...Todd Tuckey lol naw its Elvira!

#23 7 years ago

I don't think she's on either of them.

#24 7 years ago

Didnt Roy Parker have a Lady, whose face he used on 6-8 games?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

Arnie has been in 7 games:
Terminator 2 (Williams), Terminator 3 (Stern), and Last Action Hero (Data East). That’s three.
But he also appeared in a game with an unlicensed theme, viz SkitB’s Predator. So that’s four.
And he’s also been in the unreleased Data East Total Recall. So that’s five.
Arnie also features in two conversion kit games, as Pop Bumper Pete pointed out a while back: Nuova Bell Games’ World Defender, a conversion kit for Bally games, and Rowamet Indústria Eletrometalúrgica’s Conan, a conversion kit specifically for Bally’s Rolling Stones.
There's more about this here: http://pavlovpinball.com/exclusive-mr-pinball-revealed/

So he's been on three then. I would only count production games.

#26 7 years ago

I believe the winner is Ian Mckellen:

The Hobbit
Lord of the Rings
The Shadow
Last Action Hero

And maybe another I'm missing.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Bill Paxton has to be somewhere near the top of this list.

R.I.P

#28 7 years ago

Jeff Bridges has three appearances (IM, TBL and Tron). Not the winner, but still quite a few.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Didnt Roy Parker have a Lady, whose face he used on 6-8 games?

Indeed. And Gordon Morison had this goofy faced dude that was on almost all his games.

#30 7 years ago

Consider people involved with pinball with signatures, personal portraits of any sort (real or character), easter eggs, and cows for your answer included on pinball machines.
This is the "physical" representation on pinball machines, meaning visual, not audio or other conditions, as per description in the OP definition.

The answer is not a game designer, and requires a bit of research.
None of of the listed people shown are the answer.
Very narrow window considering actors and titles from the 1990s and up.
Think backwards in pinball history.
o-din was on a better train of thought.

I would prefer not to make a mistake, but I can think of one person off my head that is nearly 50 pinball games alone. He is also prominently and unmistakably displayed on several games, not "hidden" in any way, if a person know what he looks like in "real life". He has also been involved in pinball since the 1970s.

If the OP wants "portraits only" that is a different answer.
If the OP wants "actors only" that is yet another answer.
If the OP wants "voice" that is still another answer, but LESS than the physical answer, and it is not Steve Ritchie.

#31 7 years ago

That's an easy one: it's Steve Ritchie. Count the number of games where he's the primary voice artist.

#32 7 years ago

Old Arnold is also on TFTC

#33 7 years ago

What are the Bill Paxton games?

- Apollo 13
- Twister
- Alien
- Bill Paxton Pinball (yes, it exists! https://www.benheck.com/bill-paxton-pinball/ )
- ???

He was also the main character in the music video for the song 'Fish Heads', but to my knowledge nobody ever made a pinball machine about it.

#34 7 years ago

Even though I can only think of 3 games, Keanu Reeves comes to mind...

Johnny Mnemonic
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Matrix (JM retheme)

#35 7 years ago

I think we should only count official pins. And are we discussing being in the art or also if they provide vocals?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think we should only count official pins. And are we discussing being in the art or also if they provide vocals?

I would say production only and voice counts.

#37 7 years ago

Honorable mention: Pam Anderson's bewbies.....

BarbWire (resized).jpgBarbWire (resized).jpg

baywatch_1 (resized).jpgbaywatch_1 (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago

To be honest... I'm just enjoying reading this thread at this point. I'm good with whatever stipulations y'all come up with. For now, let's say that it has to be a visual depiction of the person. Voice, signature, etc. doesn't count. A lay person has to be able to look at the machine/DMD and say, "that's Pam's boobs". (Favorite answer so far).

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

He was also the main character in the music video for the song 'Fish Heads', but to my knowledge nobody ever made a pinball machine about it.

It is included in the Bill Paxton pin. Fish head on the back of the playfield. Hit the red targets on the side of the Titanic gangway and the jaw moves and it sings the Fish Head Song.

LTG : )

#40 7 years ago

Eat 'em up, yum! That's too cool, I hope to see that machine in person some day.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I hope to see that machine in person some day.

Stop by anytime.

LTG : )

#42 7 years ago

What about Joe Pesci. He is on LW3 and TFTC backglasses. Is there more ?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

What about Joe Pesci. He is on LW3 and TFTC backglasses. Is there more ?

You have to be on at least three machines (or have great tits on at least two) to be worth mentioning here.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Todd Tuckey lol

Lol. Well considering how many back glasses he's photoshopped himself into during his videos. .. I'd have to agree

#45 7 years ago

I think Crazy Bob wins... that crazy fuck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-featured-person-in-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.