Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Renegade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So I've seen ebay with STNG in the 20k range and a couple mid 90's Williams for 15-25k but this one I stumbled on MR Pinball is the highest I've ever seen for one unit. What's the highest you have seen for any NIB pinball??

Addams Family Gold, 1994 Bally: $100,000.00
Brand new in sealed box.
Bill
Poconos, Pennsylvania

Posted: 5 March 2013

#2 10 years ago

Maybe the owner thinks they used real gold.

#3 10 years ago

I'm more interested in actual sales. I remember a NIB NGG and NIB Diner selling for about $6500 each a couple years ago.

#4 10 years ago

BBB remake for $25k, I don't know if it sold though

#5 10 years ago

If that ad (or the MM, also 100k) is taken seriously one more time, I'm going to post one for 200k.

Highest NIB I've seen sold (all that matters) is probably BBB for close to 30k.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

So I've seen ebay with STNG in the 20k range and a couple mid 90's Williams for 15-25k but this one I stumbled on MR Pinball is the highest I've ever seen for one unit. What's the highest you have seen for any NIB pinball??
addams family gold, 1994 Bally: $100,000.00
Brand new in sealed box.
Bill
Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posted: 5 March 2013

That has been on there forever. And he's close to me! It says March 5, 2013 but I seem to recall it being on there for longer than a year. If it is truly NIB it might be worth $15-$25k. I realize that there are high-end collectors out there but how many people are there out there that will pay $100,000.00 for a pinball machine?

#7 10 years ago

Easier to just get HEP. Then you get new in a HEP box (NIHB) and it costs way less.

#8 10 years ago

MM sold for 29K a year ago.

Could have bought 3.5 MMr for that price.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

MM sold for 29K a year ago.
Could have bought 3.5 MMr for that price.

Bet that guy is punching himself in the crotch, since those prices are sinking faster than the titanic.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Bet that guy is punching himself in the crotch, since those prices are sinking faster than the titanic.

Why? He bought an original classic work of art. MMR did not exist and is a reproduction made by another company. He might be delighted and could care less about value.

#11 10 years ago

well I guess he could care less about money. that game better had a naked stripper in the bottom of the cabinet willing to do everything for that kind of money.

#12 10 years ago

I remember seeing a NIB Safecracker for 13k locally this past year

#13 10 years ago

Are they shipped NIB with batteries installed? Or batteries in the box??

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Are they shipped NIB with batteries installed? Or batteries in the box??

Some of the old Williams had Ray-o-vac carbon batteries that did not leak like modern alkaline ones.

And yes, they come installed.

#15 10 years ago

TRUE STORY--
Massachusetts dealer...about a year ago.

Posted a virgin Capcom Kingpin.
Asked for $60,000.
Sold in a week...but I do not know for how much.

I do know of a factual sale of an original BBB sold for $17,000 + a BBB clone copy.

Personally, I'd rather a Porsche 911 than a pinball machine...much as I love pinball.

#16 10 years ago

LOL - True story, although more along the lines of a joke I'm sure, as no one would bite at a price this high, Brent Spiner (data from STTNG) tried to sell me his NIB STTNG that he got as a member of the cast with plaque included for $100K US at the Chicago Star Trek convention in June 2013 when I had him sign a translite for me. Of note, we determined that since he never unboxed it, that the batteries had probably leaked.

#17 10 years ago

Some dork has a NIB Black Knight for sale for $8900 right now.

QSS

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Faster than the Britannic!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

LOL - True story, although more along the lines of a joke I'm sure, as no one would bite at a price this high, Brent Spiner (data from STTNG) tried to sell me his NIB STTNG that he got as a member of the cast with plaque included for $100K US at the Chicago Star Trek convention in June 2013 when I had him sign a translite for me. Of note, we determined that since he never unboxed it, that the batteries had probably leaked.

Greg (Rarehero) bought Gates McFadden's STTNG for way less, IIRC. I think it was still in the box too, but not certain on that.

#20 10 years ago

How do you pay that much and not feel guilty about taking it out of the box? Cracking that seal just cost you THOUSANDS. But if you leave it in the box, what's the point? I get to stare at a box with a pinball machine inside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 209.00
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 64.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-expensive-nib-seen-on-the-market and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.