• Latest reply 3 years ago by mrgone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Evel_Knievel_Flyer.jpg
download.jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Bored at 5:40 AM so linked all of the games discussed and mentioned here (besides the contrasting "easy" ones) so if people are looking for a hard/challenging pin title from elsewhere they can find it! For me it has to be PIN-BOT, I'd say.

Quick edit: Oh, and I was also listening to the music again just a few minutes ago and I still have the tab open, awesome soundtrack. Too bad I can barely hear any of it when I play because it's over so quickly!

#52 8 years ago

Curious, for those that said pinbot, do you feel jackbot is just as hard since they are the same layout?

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Curious, for those that said pinbot, do you feel Jackbot is just as hard since they are the same layout?

At least it has the ballsave.... Once the ball goes down in there and the southern bumper starts messing with the ball you know it´s a 75% chance it will rocket it straight over to the left outdrain.. It usually doesn´t hit the post enabling a save...... I read here on Pinside one member who claims he is gifted to anticipate which way the ball will take "before" making contact with the lowest bumper...

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Curious, for those that said pinbot, do you feel Jackbot is just as hard since they are the same layout?

I've played both extensively. The ruleset on Jackbot definitely allows for some easier scoring IMO, but it is also better balanced and less luck based. They're equally difficult. I just like the theme & music on Pinbot 100x over Jackbot. Jackbot has the better rules though, no doubt. I also dig the variable skill shot.

On Pinbot, when you get the solar value shot, you're pretty much guaranteed a good score, unless you get immediately destroyed by the outlanes. That is my only gripe with Pinbot's ruleset. Solar Value falls into the same camp as other Oursler/Python games like Bad Cats and Comet where one shot yeilds an unbalanced high score and throws the balance of the game off. I set my pinbot to keep the solar value timer real short (8 sec), but I find the only time I nail it anyway is when I immediately nail a ball right back into one of the eyesockets, then nail the other right up the ramp.

#55 8 years ago

Nitro Groundshaker.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

Nitro Groundshaker.

Agreed, the outlanes on mine are hungry.

#57 8 years ago

I really like pins that reward good play and punish a bad shot instantly, Bally Eight Ball is my favorite for that. Good shots will keep the ball going for a long time, but randomly flipping the ball often/always results in a swift drain.

I hate pins and quickly sell ones that punish well made shots/play. If the ball normally drains from me making a required shot what is the point? That is just a badly designed pin. Flash Gordon came close to giving me this feeling, I could normally get decent ball times, but only by shooting for safe shots, like the spinners to keep the ball in the upper playfield. Shooting for the lower playfield targets pretty much guaranteed a ball was doing to go somewhere random even if I hit one of the necessary targets (often because the ball would end up bouncing into the pop bumpers).

Flash Gordon looked great in the lineup, but it did not last long in my collection. I just did not find much joy in playing it, a good game was more by chance than skill. The best I could hope to do was earn an extra ball at the start of play and than hope for the best with the targets after the extra ball was earned.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

I hate pins that punish well made shots.

Good point.

-mof

#59 8 years ago

FG .... FTW

Centaur also

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Most evil SS game? Isn't the answer obvious?
Evel_Knievel_Flyer.jpg

awesome...

#61 8 years ago

I have never played flash gordon but I want to. I have a hard time believing there is any game more brutal and evil than my copy of EBD. that fuggin Chet dude with that toothpick hangin' out of his pie hole as he just completely kicks my ass time after time makes it worse... I mean better . If I could only keep one game in my collection that would be it and I have a bunch of games

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I have never played flash gordon but I want to. I have a hard time believing there is any game more brutal and evil than my copy of EBD.

#63 8 years ago

EBD, hands down the most brutal. There are literally 12 shots that are friggin designed to drain the ball, not to mention those friggin Bally slings that also send your ball to the outlanes! Man I miss mine!

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Black hole, it's brutal

Another vote for Black Hole, it's very unstable, you never know if you'll get reentry or get lost in another galaxy light years from home!

Tom

#65 8 years ago

Flash Gordon is the most evil in my collection. For great games, you need to capture the ball and carefully make your shots. Flailing away will only lead to instant grief! LOL!!!

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

EBD, hands down the most brutal. There are literally 12 shots that are friggin designed to drain the ball, not to mention those friggin Bally slings that also send your ball to the outlanes! Man I miss mine!

After some time and flipper control you will be able to smash the game. I initially thought it was brutal but as I played and continued to get games on the platform now its a snooze fest. I keep mine for my Bally line up and like it within my collection but you can seriously put pain on this game once you master bonus collection and the bank shot.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

I really like pins that reward good play and punish a bad shot instantly, Bally Eight Ball is my favorite for that. Good shots will keep the ball going for a long time, but randomly flipping the ball often/always results in a swift drain.
I hate pins and quickly sell ones that punish well made shots/play. If the ball normally drains from me making a required shot what is the point? That is just a badly designed pin. Flash Gordon came close to giving me this feeling, I could normally get decent ball times, but only by shooting for safe shots, like the spinners to keep the ball in the upper playfield. Shooting for the lower playfield targets pretty much guaranteed a ball was doing to go somewhere random even if I hit one of the necessary targets (often because the ball would end up bouncing into the pop bumpers).
Flash Gordon looked great in the lineup, but it did not last long in my collection. I just did not find much joy in playing it, a good game was more by chance than skill. The best I could hope to do was earn an extra ball at the start of play and than hope for the best with the targets after the extra ball was earned.

Eight ball is a great game. Try Mystic and Frontier. Mystic literally removes better scores for bad shots and poor shots on Frontier gets you absolutely zero. Plus both games have bonus that is related to shots not for rolling over. Mystic is down right brutal.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Another vote for Black Hole, it's very unstable, you never know if you'll get reentry or get lost in another galaxy light years from home!
Tom

I used to think Black Hole was tough. Even if you know it, there's always a chance for a house ball, though.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

» YouTube video

yeah that looks pretty tough. took him all day it does look harder than ebd for sure especially those pops so close to the flippers. i gotta get one of these for sure

5 years later
#70 3 years ago

Joker poker brutal too

#71 3 years ago

Another vote for Flash Gordon.
It’s awesome and brutal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-evil-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.