• Latest reply 3 years ago by mrgone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Evel_Knievel_Flyer.jpg
download.jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

What is your vote for most evil SS machine ever made?

By evil, I mean like unrelentingly hands your ass to you nearly every game, no matter how good you are evil. Pinbot evil, not Centaur demonic evil. I know this has been discussed ad-nauseam, but I'm curious as to whether people appreciate these games and keep them, or get pissed at their evilness and sell them.

#2 8 years ago

My vote is probably Flash Gordon.

And man, I'm keeping mine, I love how it beats me up even for nailing the shot I was trying to make.

#3 8 years ago

Cheetah can be pretty mean but the toughest SS game I have is Cyclopes. That pop at the left sling location is evil and shoots the ball between the flippers and left outlane more often than not.

#4 8 years ago

Bally Eight Ball, Stern Stars.

#5 8 years ago

Paragon!!! I just want to close off the left side bottom where the popbumper is.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Paragon!!! I just want to close off the left side bottom where the popbumper is.

But yes I'm keeping it.

#7 8 years ago

Can we say a DMD game? Fish Tales is an evil beast. I hate it so much.

#8 8 years ago

Flash Gordon was a game that caught me by surprise. I expected nothing special from it when I saw one on location, and now I wish I had one. Definitely a humbling game. Good one to own, or let own you I should say.

#9 8 years ago

Spirit, the flippers are too far apart

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yeah sure. Why not. Add BSD to the list there. Fishtales seem to get at least slightly easier to hit the boat ramps over time, for me at least.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Spirit, the flippers are too far apart

Sounds good. Adding to the list of games to seek out and play.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Cheetah can be pretty mean but the toughest SS game I have is Cyclopes. That pop at the left sling location is evil and shoots the ball between the flippers and left outlane more often than not.

I doubt I'll ever come across either, but adding both those as well. Cheetah has those monster outlanes, looks like a drain monster.

Even though the pops are further away, pinbot seems to eject balls from the pops SDTM more often than it should. Python & Oursler made an evil game.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Yeah sure. Why not. Add BSD to the list there. Fishtales seem to get at least slightly easier to hit the boat ramps over time, for me at least.

I probably haven't played it enough for sure but the gap between the flippers is pretty big and it is unforgiving if you miss your shot.

#14 8 years ago

SS: Flash Gordon gets my vote too! (and would consider it a keeper in spite of this... or because of this)
EM: Fireball. Close your zippers or die

Edit : Black Hole is quite evil too...

#15 8 years ago

I've played several different Flash Gordons, and never find it as mean as people claim it is. OTOH, Paragon is my arch nemesis.

#16 8 years ago

Paragon is more like an EM in a lot of ways to me. Quick ball times, floaty gameplay, and brutal. I'd agree it is definitely one of the more difficult SS games.

#17 8 years ago

black hole - for whatever reason that game never treats me nicely

#18 8 years ago

F-14, the safest place for the ball to be is traveling one of the wireforms.

#19 8 years ago

Black hole, it's brutal

#20 8 years ago

Dolly Parton. What an a$$ kicker.

#21 8 years ago

Haunted House. The space between those flippers made for very short ball times for me.

#22 8 years ago

Centuar. Between the art, sound and general vibe, that game feels actually evil.

#23 8 years ago

Flash Gordon. It's a ball buster like no other.

#24 8 years ago

Firepower. Those damn center targets either send the ball SDTM or careen it down an outlane. Also when it rolls out of the pops on the left side you just know half the time it's going to bounce off the rubber and go SDTM.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

F-14, the safest place for the ball to be is traveling one of the wireforms.

F-14 is the only brutal pin so evil, I may not wanna own it. Kinda masochistic if you enjoy that game.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This!!! My hatred flows very deeply for this game. Unfortunately I have it in my office and can never stop myself from playing at least one game when I walk past it.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Dolly Parton. What an a$$ kicker.

there are some distractions on that game

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

This!!! My hatred flows very deeply for this game. Unfortunately I have it in my office and can never stop myself from playing at least one game when I walk past it.

You should get one of these to go next to it:
download.jpgdownload.jpg

#29 8 years ago

Any Barry Oursler game with exception for Junk Yard but especially the ridiculous BSD outlane drains.. Why in the world did they install the flash flippers (F.Tales) on an already next to impossible game is beyond understanding...

More on Oursler.... You can play PinBot and Space Shuttle or Dracula and drain all three balls withinn 30 seonds without being given the chance to inflict ballplay... M.M or CFTBL for example, you get at least the chance to halt the ball with the flippers and then you get the game going... Needless to say I am not a big fan of Barry Oursler.. Funny enough though, I owe 5 games he designed

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Needless to say I am not a big fan of Barry Oursler.. Funny enough though, I owe 5 games he designed

For whatever reason, I always gravitate toward his designs. I have played, then have picked up his games, not even knowing he designed them (except for Bad Cats, which I purposely bought cause it was a Python/Oursler game). I think everyone probably has a favorite designer in that regard. I'm liking Gorgar as of late and never thought it would be interesting enough for me.

#31 8 years ago

Firepower is the correct answer.

#32 8 years ago

Flash Gordon is definitely up there, I rarely have a game where everything feels good. If you play one and don't think it's tough, that game needs to be properly setup cause it will own you. Paragon, though a much slower player, feels the same.

Of course these are both games I now own. There are lots, Mata Hari and Harlem come to mind. In fact, I'd say Harlem Globetrotters is as mean as FG sometimes, though it doesn't quite punish you for making your shot the way FG does.

#33 8 years ago

Most evil SS game? Isn't the answer obvious?

Evel_Knievel_Flyer.jpgEvel_Knievel_Flyer.jpg

#34 8 years ago

Black Knight.

#35 8 years ago

really? it seems like you can keep the ball in the upper playfield a long time.

#36 8 years ago

PARAGON is pure concentrated evil!

#37 8 years ago

Just purchased a Flash Gordon and all I have to say is tough but a very cool game as there is a lot going on but my god is it tough to do what you want to do. Paragon is just as tough only more real estate to watch your ball drain

#38 8 years ago

Centaur is hard as nails and also evil in its theme as well, those early Bally's seem alive, foolish human, love it.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Centaur is hard as nails and also evil in its theme as well, those early Bally's seem alive, foolish human, love it.

You can have a good ball on Centaur most games, although there are a lot of drainers.

#40 8 years ago

Predator, oh that's right know one has one........................................................... except for that one guy!!

#41 8 years ago

Pick one:
1. Black Hole
2. Fathom
3. Firepower*
-mof

*Technically, no Williams game can ever be considered as evil as a Bally/Gottlieb since the flippers are SO far apart on those games, it takes away the "gimme" slap-saves we love on Williams games.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

You can have a good ball on Centaur most games, although there are a lot of drainers.

Yeah, if it was all drainers who would want to play it? I like a tough game but there are limits, Firepower is a bastard but same thing, you get a good ball every now and then.

#43 8 years ago

I have Centaur, Flash Gordon, Black Hole and Dolly Parton in my lineup aand think Dolly is the most brutal of any of them followed closely by Flash Gordon.

#44 8 years ago

Any widebody pin usually hands my a$$ to me, I just can't get the hang of them.

#45 8 years ago

I have Fathom and Flash Gordon next to each other right now, Fathom is way easier to have long ball times on.

#46 8 years ago

The games in orders of importance: - Classic Bally: Flash Gordon, Paragon, Rolling stones (With a power ball), Ground Shaker, Frontier, Mystic. (bally games same inlanes like - Dolly). Games that are too easy: Centaur (Even with home ROMS, no outlane / inlane save), Embryon, Fathom.

Classic Stern: Catacomb, Dragonfist (Jet) in that order.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Dolly is the most brutal

i think i've played that 3x and i don't think i had a ball that lasted more than 30 seconds.

#48 8 years ago

Vector hands me my ass 9 times out of 10. Flash Gordon is pleasant comparably. I'm sure that a lot of the bad ratings are because it's such a mean game.

#49 8 years ago

Spy Hunter and Firepower. But I just keep coming back to them. When you have that awesome game, it feels just amazing. So addicted to them.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Games that are too easy: Centaur (Even with home ROMS, no outlane / inlane save), Embryon, Fathom.

Yes,but does this include keeping multiball running on these gems? A -ha!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alamogordo, NM
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vista, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kent, WA
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-evil-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.