• 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by epotech
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mary-kate-and-ashley-olsen.jpg
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Firepower is a pain in the butt

#52 10 years ago

Hey,

Immediately though of Pretzel Multiball. 26 shots that are effectively "the Lawlor shot" through the pops to start it; tight shots at that. The one time I got it I did put the Grand Champion score on my machine, and that's a good fifty or sixty million higher than the next highest score on it.

Luke

#53 10 years ago

Do or die multiball. End of thread.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Do or die multiball. End of thread.

Beat ya to it. (: also the most boring MB I've played.

#55 10 years ago

Vector can be hard or Centaur to get all five going.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

combo multiball? never heard of it... :-/

You get Combo multiball by hitting 50 combos in Spiderman. I have had a billion + points game where I got to Superhero and did not get it, and then I have had a 600 million game where I did. It's all about how easy the combos are flowing that game.

#57 10 years ago

Wayyyyyyyy too much to do on Creech, just to get a measly two ball multiball.

#58 10 years ago

(beat me to it) I agree, definately harder to get than in BH.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I don't know if it's the most difficult.. but I never get Harem mb? on TOTAN even though
I can regularly get to Princess Rescue and Genie MB.. of course, I'm not really sure how to do it anyway...

Harem mb is a bitch to get. I think mostly due to harem only being lit when not in a mode and other things not being lit.

I have only got to harem mb twice and that was after many games of only trying to start harem mb.

F14 tomcat was always hard for me to get mb going but only due to such short ball times

#60 10 years ago

The Start Khan multi-ball shot is hard enough to make that I guess most people don't aim for it. But rather take it on a random bounce in.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You get Combo multiball by hitting 40 combos in spiderman

Wasn't that 50 combo's?

#62 10 years ago

I always thought BK2K was hard!

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Wasn't that 50 combo's?

On factory settings yes.

#64 10 years ago

^^ This ^^

Lots of hoops to jump thru before you make make that last shot into the ball walker just to start Multi-Ball.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Wayyyyyyyy too much to do on Creech, just to get a measly two ball multiball.

Yeah, and it's the exact reason why it's the most satisfying Super Jackpot in pinball.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

When I had Black Hole I could get multiball at least 10% to 20% of the time. In 10 years of owning TSPP I've probably only gotten Pretzel Multiball two or three times. No comparison.

Still I read it as a 'what is a game that's hardest to start a multiball?' Or in older (pre-WPC)games often 'the' multiball, for there's only one programmed. And when you read it like that, TSPP is way easier than 10 to 20% of the games.

#67 10 years ago

Not counting wizard modes on DMD games, it's definitely Flight 2000 or Black Hole.

--Luke

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

...Flight 2000...

Don't you have to knock like a zillion targets down in the correct order to lock a ball?

Ya..That one is hard.

#69 10 years ago

keefer's invitational multiball on wpt

#70 10 years ago

For SS games, BH puts F2K to shame. BH is much harder. F2K is tedious, but the game is much tamer. They just had a bunch of things you had to do (too many really) to qualify the multiball. In BH, requires a tad more skill, and the table is brutal (especially if you don't qualify re-entry!).

#71 10 years ago

Because of this topic I started thinking of a DMD game where a multiball ('a', not an endmode, just starting a multiball) is very hard to achieve and I can't really think of one.....
But hey, that's not the question... :p

#72 10 years ago

Easiest = Spring Break, dip switches at factory default, the game starts ball 1 as a 4ball multiball. Instant action.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Wasn't that 50 combo's?

It is 50 combos, not sure why I wrote 40. I changed it.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Was the glass off?

Double vision

#75 10 years ago

Cyclone

#76 10 years ago

It's definitely NOT stargate.

#77 10 years ago

I also vote for Centaur, I have not played a ton of games on it, but i have never gotten multiball.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

There is no doubt in my 30 years of collecting pinballs (since'83 gorgar) that black hole is the hardest to get multiball on. It takes me between 25-50 games to get multiball, and I can usually get 1 extra ball in about 25 games.
I do have the back legs jacked all the way up, and the pf is as fast as any I have seen, but come on!!!
I would like to hear of any games you thing are as difficult.
I would thing that BH would be the tournament game to see who the real playa's are.
Looking forward to hearing from ya.

I would also have to say black hole. I feel the need for a celebration every time it happens.

#79 10 years ago

Black Hole. It's always my goal, every game of BH I play, to not only get to multiball, but to return at least one ball to the basement during multiball. It's a bitch, but the reward is the pinball nirvana of simultaneous balls on two playfields with opposite slopes and six active flippers to hit them with. There is nothing like it. Achieve that and it's a win, no matter your final score.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I also vote for Centaur, I have not played a ton of games on it, but i have never gotten multiball.

Nah - it's just a matter of understanding what you are supposed to do. You have to understand that spelling ORBS is what enables a 'lock' and then hitting the release. Centaur is a cool game in this regard that hitting ORBS in sequence enables the 'lock' and release at the same time. Completing more ORBS is how you increase the # of balls in the multiball

#81 10 years ago

BH hands down is the hardest to get. So many steps just to lock ball then have to lock in different playfields

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nah - it's just a matter of understanding what you are supposed to do. You have to understand that spelling ORBS is what enables a 'lock' and then hitting the release. Centaur is a cool game in this regard that hitting ORBS in sequence enables the 'lock' and release at the same time. Completing more ORBS is how you increase the # of balls in the multiball

Yes, but getting all five at once is a bit hard.

#83 10 years ago

How about Gilligan's Island since you can not earn it...random at best.

#84 10 years ago

I think getting multiball on Haunted House is the hardest. Have you seen how much work that guy put into adding multiball to it? (-:

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Centaur is a cool game in this regard that hitting ORBS in sequence enables the 'lock' and release at the same time.

You can also release a ball by completing the lanes at the bottom . Something that I find cool about that is the left flipper button only switches the 2 lanes on the left and the right button does the right lanes .

#86 10 years ago

Out of all listed I would agree the most with Flight 2000 and Strange Science.

Easiest multi ball games are SG, TSPP, RBION if you cannot find multi ball on these games you really do need to play better.

#87 10 years ago

BSD CASTLE MULTIBALL!

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Out of all listed I would agree the most with Flight 2000 and Strange Science.

Oh yeah, Forgot about Strange Science. But when you did get multiball on it (or Flight 2K), didn't you really get a feeling of accomplishment?

3 weeks later
#89 10 years ago

Another candidate for easiest multiball here. I have a non-working mini flipper on my Hollywood Heat and have still achieved multiball with three total presses of the left flipper button = lock, lock, release (it's good for the kids and their friends/total noobs though to have such an accessible "goal" on a pin)

#90 10 years ago

Lol, you stole Black_rose's joke!

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Bad Cats. I haven't been able to get multiball on the damn thing yet!
Seriously, though, Black Hole.

Just saw that you beat me to this. I've figured how to do it. While you have a ball in the trash can, bring down the glass and toss in a couple of extra balls. Make sure to do it while no one is looking!

#92 10 years ago

Stern '24' Master Agent multiball/wiz mode. I've only done it 3 times in years with the game in my basement and scores over 700 million. And one attempt I video'd I totally blew it once I got there.

#93 10 years ago

I know this isn't that difficult, but Final Frontier on STTNG is a decent pick.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I know this isn't that difficult, but Final Frontier on STTNG is a decent pick.

It's easier if you have all six balls in the machine.

#95 10 years ago

Of the games I still own, I'd agree Black Hole.

However, I found multi on Spirit to be *much* harder to achieve.

That said, multi on BH is *much* more rewarding, brilliantly starting with two balls downstairs, then three on the main.

#96 10 years ago

Meh, I'll see all of those and raise you...

Elektra

In fact most people who come over don't even realise it has multiball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anniston, AL
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-difficult-to-get-multiball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.