10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010910.JPG
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Addams Family seconded. I've never seen one that wasn't trashed

#52 10 years ago

Firepower II

#53 10 years ago

Fish Tales, wear on the four tackle box/stringer fish is pretty much de-facto on any unrestored examples right?

#54 10 years ago

Still can't beleive 21,000 made and not many collectors got there hands on them. I have never seen a home use TAF. It's also the most coveted playfield with no reproduction in site.

#55 10 years ago

Oh man i have seen pretty trashed TAF and FH.
Still looking for them in good shape, to add to collection, only want to keep mint games in my collection

#56 10 years ago

I had a minty Addams back in the day.I believe I sold it around '98.So they were around.Games that came after T2 fared better as they were all diamond plated.IMO.

#57 10 years ago

Monster Bash! At least i've never seen a MB with a perfect mint scoop hole unless it was restored.

Perfect TAFs are rare but not impossible to find, at least in Europe. But most of them have a replacement playfield from the gold edition run. And it's no problem at all to find a TAFG in mint condition.

#58 10 years ago

Space Shuttle and Comet!
I have been looking for a couple of years now for an all original minty fresh Comet. It is my personal "Holy Grail" pin! I have found one. That's it...1. The guy dicked me around about it. He keept leading me on about selling it. Turns out that he didn't want to sell it, just wanted to know how much it was worth. The play fields and ramps are almost always toasted and any parts that you can find are few and far between and cost an arm and a leg.
Needless to say... I'm still looking.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

rochester.craigslist.org link

I have seen this ad before. It has a lot of replacement parts and the repaint job is not original. Nice looking machine but a bit expensive for it I think. I might have to go that route someday thou. Hard to find an all original machine that isn't trashed!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

repaint job is not original

I was thinking the same thing. I'd never come across a machine I could see my reflection on. Those were originally flat black, right? That one may be, but I know there's a lot of clear on the cabinet.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Still can't beleive 21,000 made and not many collectors got there hands on them. I have never seen a home use TAF. It's also the most coveted playfield with no reproduction in site.

Starbase... I'm in the Bay Area. I have a true HUO TAF that has never had a quarter rolled thru it. You're welcome to come by and play it, and the other games in my collection anytime.
Kerry

#62 10 years ago

Vector..they all have playfield wear!

#63 10 years ago

Paragon. Usually you can find a decent playfield or decent backglass. Rarely on the same machine, though. But, this is probably true for a lot of 70's / 80's games that had a lot of inserts that inevitably warped over time.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Starbase... I'm in the Bay Area. I have a true HUO TAF that has never had a quarter rolled thru it. You're welcome to come by and play it, and the other games in my collection anytime.
Kerry

Thanks Kerry,will take you up on this offer, someday soon. Thanks.

#65 10 years ago

Bally Star Trek.

#66 10 years ago

My mom paid extra for her minty TAF, but it is gorgeous. The only sign of wear at all was the electric chair hole had a slight rub, but a Cliffy protector covered that right up. People tell her she overpaid until they see it, then change their mind. We looked and looked and couldn't find one that wasn't worn to bits before coming across this one, so I wholeheartedly agree that despite being the most produced machine, finding a nice one is rare because they were played hard.

My NGG had less than 400 plays on it when I got it, and it still had playfield wear from the slam ramp, so finding a really good example of those has got to be difficult too.

#67 10 years ago

This didn't say that the pin had to be non-restored, which to me really closes down a lot of stuff that people might otherwise name. I would have said Space Shuttle until recently when the playfield was reproed, as the original playfields seem to all be beat to hell. Pinbot was the same way.

The games that come to mind for me now are Rollergames and DE Batman. Rollergames because it has some parts that absolutely get beat, a playfield that attracts wear, and will probably never get reproed thanks to the zillion different licenses on it, and DE Batman because seemingly all of the playfields were complete garbage and it won't be reproed unless Stern gets bored and starts reproing older parts.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I was thinking the same thing. I'd never come across a machine I could see my reflection on. Those were originally flat black, right? That one may be, but I know there's a lot of clear on the cabinet.

Right, flat black and no clear coat on the cabinet. Not saying that there is anything wrong with it. It is just not original.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Fish Tales, wear on the four tackle box/stringer fish is pretty much de-facto on any unrestored examples right?

Mine has 9600 plays and the fish still look great. Very little insert edge wear

#70 10 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic & Fish Tales - Cabinet Fade

#72 10 years ago

I'm not sure I agree with TAF, if only because TAF Gold exists and I'd say the majority are HUO. I saw one once and couldn't stop drooling.

#73 10 years ago

Gorgar

#74 10 years ago

I am going with TAF. So many but few are nice.

#75 10 years ago

Just saw a mint Taxi list on craigslist in Cincinnati for $2200. It looks like it's in mint condition. Here's the link
cincinnati.craigslist.org link

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from frickfrack:

Just saw a mint Taxi list on craigslist in Cincinnati for $2200. It looks like it's in mint condition. Here's the link
cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Looks very nice. I'd be in that if closer. Probably not mint but very nice for a taxi. Price isn't bad for its shape either.

#77 10 years ago

I rarely see a minty Black Knight. Might find one with a new playfield but horrible backglass, or vice versa, or nice playfield by cabinet beat to crap. Rarely find a trifecta.

1 week later
#78 10 years ago

Bally Playboy is my #1 vote. You see these all the time and rarely do most of them turn on let alone look even ok. Cabinet is always faded and the pop bumper area is worn to the wood as well as the bonus area in the middle of the playfield.

#79 10 years ago

I'd have to say Sorcerer. I have seen both mint original and restored versions of just about every machine listed so far but have yet to see a nice sorcerer.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I'd have to say Sorcerer. I have seen both mint original and restored versions of just about every machine listed so far but have yet to see a nice Sorcerer.

I have a nice restored Sorcerer . Sorcerer is awesome!

P1010910.JPGP1010910.JPG
#81 10 years ago

Taxi, Highspeed, Pinbot and Space Shuttle get my vote..

#82 10 years ago

TAF. Took forever to find an ok example.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-difficult-pin-to-find-minty/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.