(Topic ID: 70653)

Most dangerous stairs EVER! Try to top this!

By PoMC

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-797.jpg
    image-881.jpg
    image-745.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

So I traded my Party Animal for Lethal Weapon 3 yesterday and had to get the LW3 out of the basement. By climbing the shakiest, dangerous stairs ever. Carry the pinball by hand, myself and the owner, without a hand truck.

Some of the steps are broken and only have half treads. The whole staircase swayed side to side and I was sure that our combined weight with the pin was going to send me crashing through the stairs and making Lethal Weapon...a lethal weapon when it crushed me. Plus I'm 6'4" and I needed to duck down while carrying it up the steps...not easy to do when lifting the business end of a pin up steps.

Luckily we carried it up, through the backyard, through the front yard and to my trailer without incident. And at least my pin was going in the kitchen, not in the basement. It joined Shaq Attack, a moped and motorcycle in the kitchen.

Oh. And a bedroom was converted to a skate park.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-745.jpgimage-745.jpg image-797.jpgimage-797.jpg image-881.jpgimage-881.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

Was it a crack house?!? If I saw that I would have just left.

#3 10 years ago

Wow. That skate room is pretty crazy. I could see that window acting as an impromptu exit.

I helped my brother get a F2K out of a lake house near me. It had a stair case similar to your picture, and about 100 yards of random stairs navigating around the outside of the house. The only stairs in the house were spiral, so that wasn't an option. We moved it with the head off, and I suggested taking out the PF to lighten up the cabinet. Oh, and it was late winter, so the weather was just about starting to turn, but the concrete stairs were still covered in ice.

#4 10 years ago

Holy shit!
    What where they thinking??

#5 10 years ago

I had a set of stairs like that going to a celler here in OH. Tricky part was it had a 3 foot section missing at the bottom! The only reason I went through with it was because the machine was a MM. Hardest stairs ever!

Scott

#6 10 years ago

Cool younger guy, early 20s maybe, was the owner of the house. Big pinhead and was fun talking to someone with the same enthusiasm.

He owns these pins, and I loved getting the chance to hang out and play them.

Street Fighter 2
    Flintstones
    The Shadow
    TNMT
    South Park
    Shaq Attack - not really a bad game like the rap it gets.

I drove 2 hours each way, and normally would've made this a quick transaction to get back on the road. But best Craigslist transaction other than the dangerous steps.

#7 10 years ago

That's my favorite part in picking up pins. The after story if they are something like this.

Sk8oRDiE!

#8 10 years ago

Was also cool that while we were playing pins it was 4:20.

#9 10 years ago

I would have tucked tail and RAN!.....

#10 10 years ago

I ain't dying for a LW3... Maybe an A title though

#12 10 years ago

Pins and mini ramp in the house? This guy is living my childhood dream.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Holy shit!
    What where they thinking??

Pretty sure they weren't!

That's like the crap you see from squatters on Flip Men on Spike. http://www.spike.com/shows/flip-men

Get the hell out of there.

#14 10 years ago

Ha!

Looks like Pinkman's crib.

At least if the stairs gave way, it was a short fall. Though you being 6'-4"; it may have felt farther.

#15 10 years ago

He didn't own a Bally Radical? That would seem to go with the "decor" of the house.

Thanks for posting, my jaw hit the floor when I saw the bedroom!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-dangerous-stairs-ever-try-to-top-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.