• Avengers 1 vote
    1%
  • Xmen 5 votes
    4%
  • AC/DC 15 votes
    13%
  • Kiss 1 vote
    1%

(Multiple choice - 118 votes by 98 Pinsiders)

#1 3 years ago

So we complain a lot about code and code development, but which newer stern have complete code or at least more complete, I hear Kiss , WWE and mustang are bad and not looking to be improved, how is code on MET, WD, or GOT?

#2 3 years ago

You've "heard" Mustang is bad?!

I'd say otherwise and it would get my vote for most complete as well.

#3 3 years ago

MET. I can't think of anything on it that should be added, changed, or balanced. TWD is a close second, but Horde and Last Man Standing both could use some tweaks to become more exciting. ACDC is also up there, but I think it could still use some more balancing to stop Hells Bells all day.

#4 3 years ago

I'm with Tuna, you have some bad information if you think the code for Mustang is not good and complete. It's beyond very good and has a recent update refining it more.

I here complaints on Kiss not sure how WWE plays out but they just got an update as did Avengers.

#5 3 years ago

So over time most sterns are getting completed? Sounded like they were getting abandoned.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

So over time most sterns are getting completed? Sounded like they were getting abandoned.

Nah, it's extremely rare to see a Stern game abandoned. The only ones I can think of are from the "Dark Ages", which makes sense because Stern had a lot of layoffs and such during that era, and they had to cut back on their software support.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Nah, it's extremely rare to see a Stern game abandoned. The only ones I can think of are from the "Dark Ages", which makes sense because Stern had a lot of layoffs and such during that era, and they had to cut back on their software support.

Define abandoned. It is common that features never get implemented even if they were advertised. B/W was the same way. The only thing that ensures a game gets finished are long production runs or if it is the programmer's pet project.

#8 3 years ago

This list really affirms that code is in good shape across the board. Kiss is the only one "waiting" for a big update, but we've been told it is coming, and Stern has come through every time they've said that.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

So we complain a lot about code and code development, but which newer stern have complete code or at least more complete, I hear Kiss , WWE and mustang are bad and not looking to be improved, how is code on MET, WD, or GOT?

Mustang has great code so you heard from people that likely have never played the game. MET and TWD and pretty much complete. GOT is very far a long and mainly needs call outs and animations added. KISS needs a big update but it is in the works. WWE just got an update 2 weeks ago.

#10 3 years ago

I'd kinda like Xmen not 'end' after Dark Phoenix and Danger Room are started.
I mean all they have to do is reset all the Heros and Villains.

Once both mini wizard modes are obtained...just shut the game off. There's nothing to do

Quoted from frolic:

This list really affirms that code is in good shape across the board. Kiss is the only one "waiting" for a big update, but we've been told it is coming, and Stern has come through every time they've said that.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I'd kinda like Xmen not 'end' after Dark Phoenix and Danger Room are started.
I mean all they have to do is reset all the Heros and Villains.
Once both mini wizard modes are obtained...just shut the game off. There's nothing to do

Revert xmen to 1.50 and the problem is solved

#12 3 years ago

Mustang rocks !

#13 3 years ago

I'm very happy with the latest Star Trek code. The game is very fun and extremely challenging!

#14 3 years ago

So far I think it's just KISS that's been left behind
(Haven't played WWE with the update)
And I heard KISS code is coming

#15 3 years ago

Anyone know if Spiderman VE will be complete or will need updates?

#16 3 years ago

thanks for all the great feedback, this is a fluid subject and may have heard mustang info from someone that played first version. I am not sure if a new game is in the works, looking for a good on location one and leaning toward MET or WD. Might have to wait a little longer for them to come up for resale.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Anyone know if Spiderman VE will be complete or will need updates?

Not sure if you're joking, but the Spider-Man code is really well baked. All they're changing are some dmd images and sounds so no need for multiple updates and it's not possible to be incomplete when it has been complete for ages.

#18 3 years ago

They really need to fix the issue with xmen how once a hero mode is complete you can re start it again , an playing to get to danger room you are better timing them out because there already completed.

#19 3 years ago

I voted KISS as they need mot waste any more time on that boat anchor

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Mustang has great code so you heard from people that likely have never played the game.

More likely from someone who recently played a location game that hasn't been updated.

#21 3 years ago

Hmmmm I thought there would be nothing but crickets in this thread.

#22 3 years ago

- GOT has a lot of minor bugs and missin call outs / sound effects. But the meat is there.
- walking dead is pretty darn complete but there's a few nuisances that I hope get addressed.
- Metallica feels complete too but gets a little too repetitious deeper in the game. It could use a little less chopping of the wood but all in all feels solid.
- Star Trek has a lot of bugs and nuisances. It could use a little lather of polish to some of the rules and these quirky bugs
- ironman has been complete since 2010. That's what you get when you have Lonnie & Lyman work together on one pin.
- I haven't played the new avengers code but sounds to be much much improved. I'd say it's solid based on what I've read.
- Xmen has a lot of quirky minor glitches. The multiballs are annoying as when you complete them there's no real cool effect or anything really going on with the completion of the multiball. Other than that, it's fairly solid.
- acdc feels the most solid to me. Best wizard mode ever in encore and best music integrated pin ever.
- kiss needs help
- mustang is solid but the crossover ramp needs more polish as does the interchangeable ramp as sometimes it cannot keep up with the speed of flow.

#23 3 years ago

Iron Man - complete as it's ever going to get, just wish that DoD Multiball requirements could be changed, and that DoD wasn't just a shot for 35mil

AcDc - Again, as complete as it's going to get. Plays fantastic, disagree with the Hells Bells all day comment, much more to it than that. What's happening with the cannon inserts?

Metallica - Complete. Nothing more to say. Perfection.

Kiss - needs major update, just too one dimensional, locations not used, random awards can be a game changer.

Star Trek - have not noticed any thing needed adding, maybe I'm wrong.

Haven't played the others enough to be able to pass an informed judgement, although that doesn't stop some people!

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I voted KISS as they need mot waste any more time on that boat anchor

Played it once and will never play it again. Dreadful. At least WWE looked more interesting with the unique ring feature. I don't think code can do anything for those games. Code seems to be good enough on most other recent Stern games. ST is the one I am most familiar with. It code use some bug fixes to be honest. My other fav recent Stern is MET. Code is great on it but have not played too much.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Played it once and will never play it again.

Sample size, who needs it?

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

Sample size, who needs it?

No kidding. Kiss is really not that bad. Does need some major code updates but it shoots way better than WWE.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

At least WWE looked more interesting with the unique ring feature.

haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, CT
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fond Du Lac, WI
$ 11.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Gardner, MA
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 229.99
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside