9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ccotenj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Plan on placing a great plains order because I ran out of a few connector plugs. What are the most common sized connectors?

I want to stock up in one order.

I'm planning on ordering the .1 and also .156 pitch.

Thanks!!

#2 9 years ago

sounds like the tail wagging the dog. Why not wait until you need them and buy the ones you need.

#3 9 years ago

156 is all I've ordered and all I've ever done. I think you've got your bases covered.

#4 9 years ago

all depends what games you want to work on. do you need gottlieb pins? bally pins?

#5 9 years ago

It depends on the machine. I simply ended up doing an inventory of my machines and picked up a few of the most common connectors among them just to have them on-hand.

Some I ordered from GPE, and for the ones GPE didn't carry, I ordered the rest from bigdaddy-enterprises.com.

#6 9 years ago

Mostly Williams System 11 and later and some sterns.

I'm talking the length of the connector. I'm ordering the .156 and .1 pin pitch. I just don't want to order a bunch of 8 pin housings and that isn't a size that's used. I know I need 11 pin .156 for the GI headers since they're always bad as well as 9-pin .100 for the switch matrix on WPC and light matrix. Just curious if there are any other common sizes.

Quoted from wiredoug:

sounds like the tail wagging the dog. Why not wait until you need them and buy the ones you need.

I like to have things in stock so I can repair them as they break. Connectors are some of the most common failure points and it's nice to get stuff up and running quickly. Also I do repairs as a side business and rather only make a single trip.

#7 9 years ago

All 20s all the time. Cut them to size!

I think 8 and 11 are pretty common, so you'll find your leftovers after cutting will be useful.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

This is what I've been doing and maybe I'll continue. I just figured I'd get a few more common sizes.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

I think 8 and 11 are pretty common, so you'll find your leftovers after cutting will be useful.

Quoted from Deez:

This is what I've been doing and maybe I'll continue. I just figured I'd get a few more common sizes.

anything is a common size with a box cutter and 2 seconds of time save the small cutoffs for smaller connectors later.

-c

#10 9 years ago

solder...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-common-connector-sizes-on-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.