Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by MikeS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AP.jpeg
    Twister_Suck_s.jpg
    JM,JD,BR_and_R-911.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Just curious to hear the opinions on games with the toughest multiball. The one that keeps giving me trouble after a few months of play is the multiball on Judge Dredd. I have defeated 3 of the Judges several times but I can never seem to get that fourth one.

#2 12 years ago

I was gonna say JD also,, 6-ball ,, Killer Pin !!! A few more would be TZ ( for Real ) BSD ( of course ) When you Kill Dracula ( What a High I get ,, which is Very Seldom ) You have started a Great Topic .. I'm actually Lost for word's right now.. But i will regain my memory and be back .
    .. Oh Yea,, " Twister " ( Suck's ) ,,

JM,JD,BR_and_R-911.jpgJM,JD,BR_and_R-911.jpg Twister_Suck_s.jpgTwister_Suck_s.jpg

#3 12 years ago

Hello,

For me, the hardest multiball is TAF. I do not know what it is, but throw in the magnets ("Feel the Power") and I get nailed almost every time! Yet that is okay as I still walk away with a smile when I play this title.

#4 12 years ago

TAF for me as well. I will be rocking away and those dang magnets kick in a send the ball sdtm. Arrgh!

#5 12 years ago

CFTBL - there is too much to do without losing one of the two balls.

#6 12 years ago

Yep, for both CftBL and TAf it is challenging in my opinion. But I still love playing both! At least with CftBL, the game gives you a chance to immediately start multiball again via hitting the Snack Bar shot.

#7 12 years ago

I have to throw FT in the mix. It's damn near impossible to collect all the jackpots. Has anyone ever seen it done?

#8 12 years ago

The most difficult pinball has to have some woman etc theme involved as we still can't completely figure them out even once we marry them !!!

#9 12 years ago

Black hole and Haunted House are very very tough to even get multiball
    and good luck keeping the balls in play when you get multiball Balls on the bottom and at the same
    time balls on the top going in different directions.Very Challenging!!

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

POSTED 43 MINUTES AGO | #
    I have to throw FT in the mix. It's damn near impossible to collect all the jackpots. Has anyone ever seen it done?

I have done it twice in one game, my high score is 1.7billion. 3ball game, standard rules, lightning flippers. Once u master the lock shot and jackpot shot it's really not that hard...

#11 12 years ago

TZ and TAF are always quick multiballs for me. Luckily they both have re-sets

#12 12 years ago

I don't know if it is me, but I have found "The Fellowship of the Ring" multiball on LOTR a challenge. Completed it for the first time just the other day. Bashing the Balrog first, then firing the balls up the ramps to hear those footsteps of each of the fellowship crossing the bridge is challenging to say the least. Hearing Gandalf finally roar "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" made it all worthwhile in the end!

I agree that Fish Tales multiball is very very hard to get to the super jackpot stage too.

How about lighting up all the Simpson family members on TSPP during the main multiball by scoring 6 super jackpots onto the couch? Anyone here ever done it?

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Black hole and Haunted House are very very tough to even get multiball

Pinmike, I've never played a Haunted House that had multiball, but I always wished it did.

I think CFTBL is pretty difficult.

#14 12 years ago

Swords of Fury is pretty hard, you have to hit a "roving" light on the mini upper playfield while still having at least one other ball in play.

Khan multiball on Shadow also has the same type of shot for Super Jackpot on the upper miniplayfield.

#15 12 years ago

Tommy has an incredibly hard, eight-stage multiball. I haven't even come close to completing it. You have to complete the first four stages, and then repeat all four stages with the blinders up. Here's a description of it that I copied from the rule sheet archive:

Stage 1

Jackpots: At the start of multiball, the left ramp is lit for Jackpot, and the right ramp for Double Jackpot. Initial jackpot value is 20M if you start at the Tommy hole, 15M if you start with the left scoop (or 40M and 30M for Double Jackpot). All playfield switches increase the Jackpot value by 200K, and the Double Jackpot value by 400K. Collecting any Jackpot launches an additional ball into play. When BOTH Jackpots are completed, both are relit.

Stage 2

3rd Jackpot. Collect either the single or double jackpot by shooting one of the ramps. Jackpots continue to rise by 200K/400K a switch, and the initial value is carried over from stage 1. After ONE of the two jackpots, an additional ball is launched into play, and you move on to the next stage.

Stage 3

Spell Tommy: The Tommy hole spots the letters T-O-M-M-Y and each one scores a 20M jackpot (which does not increase). No balls are added to play for collecting these jackpots. Completing TOMMY moves you to Stage 4. In 3.00 ROMs and later, each switch adds 1M to the Super Jackpot and 2M to the Double Super Jackpot.

Stage 4

Super Jackpots: The left ramp is lit for the super jackpot, and the left ramp is lit for the double super jackpot. The initial values are 250M and 500M respectively, and go up by 1M and 2M respectively for each playfield switch. You can only collect one of these two, so if you are going for the big points, avoid the temptation of shooting the much easier left ramp, and go for the right ramp. When you collect ONE of the super jackpots, you move to Stage 5.

Stage 5

Blind Multiball. You go back to stage 1 of the multiball, but the blinders are active, and you do not get any new balls added if you collect a jackpot. Initial jackpot values return to their base values. If you complete Stages 1 through 4 with the blinders active, then you must be Tommy, THE pinball wizard!

#16 12 years ago

hmm I struggle with getting all 4 Judges on JD heh.
    I would say Frankenstein and the Spider wizard mode on SS. None are as difficult as completing Microscope Multi-ball on CSI because of the large amounts of specific shots needed but that isn't a wizard mode.

#17 12 years ago

the Spider wizard mode on SS.

That is a fun one Emo!

I would have to say 'Black Hole' takes the cake!!!
    Two playfields, 3 balls... My brain just goes to mush every time!

"Oh no, I've gone cross-eyed!"

AP.jpegAP.jpeg

#18 12 years ago

BSD coffin multi is dam hard to beat but super sweet when you finally drive that stake into Drac!

Fish Tales i find very hard (infact never reached super jackpot) but i do really enjoy the challenge

Creature...yuck! i personally really dislike this multiball,very frustrating..again i say yuck!

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from emo:

the Spider wizard mode on SS.

I would agree it is a difficult multiball to achieve but not to play. I think thats what he was talking about when he made the post referring to tough to play multiballs. Id say one of the tougher multiballs ive played was TSPP trying to get that super jackpot while not losing a ball on the lower playfield. Also WPT trying to complete the left drop target bank in order to try n get a 3X Jackpot is pretty hard too.

Off topic tonight I had my best game ever on SS...Completed both the stiff o meter & spider wheel twice in one game (5 ball play). I really had the groove on the right ramp & crate bank shot to the spider hole. Man I cant get enough of SS. (=

#20 12 years ago

I find getting multiple balls under control on Wheel of Fortune is very hard with the different flipper lay-out. Trapping balls leaves too much room open in the middle.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Tommy has an incredibly hard, eight-stage multiball. I haven't even come close to completing it. You have to complete the first four stages, and then repeat all four stages with the blinders up. Here's a description of it that I copied from the rule sheet archive:
    Stage 1
    Jackpots: At the start of multiball, the left ramp is lit for Jackpot, and the right ramp for Double Jackpot. Initial jackpot value is 20M if you start at the Tommy hole, 15M if you start with the left scoop (or 40M and 30M for Double Jackpot). All playfield switches increase the Jackpot value by 200K, and the Double Jackpot value by 400K. Collecting any Jackpot launches an additional ball into play. When BOTH Jackpots are completed, both are relit

. I know where a Data East " Tommy " is just wait-n for a new Owner !! Been there & Played it !!
    He wanted $ 1600.00 ,, I threw out 15 $ 100 bill's,, he declined and I with-drew also..

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I know where a Data East " Tommy " is just wait-n for a new Owner !! Been there & Played it !!
    He wanted $ 1600.00 ,, I threw out 15 $ 100 bill's,, he declined and I with-drew also..

If it's in nice shape, has the topper, and the blinders work, $1,600 is a steal.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Off topic tonight I had my best game ever on SS...Completed both the stiff o meter & spider wheel twice in one game (5 ball play). I really had the groove on the right ramp & crate bank shot to the spider hole. Man I cant get enough of SS. (=

Congratulations, it is great and most satisfying.

#24 12 years ago

Judge Dredd is one of the coolest-very atmospheric and challenging-they got it right in my opinion!

#25 12 years ago

FT - agree, getting those jackpots is super hard.....too hard for me

#26 12 years ago

Alien Invasion on TSPP is crazy tough to complete! I can usually get 4 balls locked, but that 5th one eludes me every time!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-challenging-multiball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.