Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ENDOFLINE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ZIZ05401lg.jpg
    Chopping Wood.gif
    There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 9 years ago

The new Stern Melons pin at TPF last night. Walked away in the middle of my first ball...

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from thearcadegeek:

The new Stern Melons pin at TPF last night. Walked away in the middle of my first ball...

I could see that.

#203 9 years ago

My vote is going to have to be Police Force. Just could not get into it. Avatar is a close second for me.

#204 9 years ago

Austin Powers I presume....

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

This isn't really true, I don't think.
    I knew Shaq Attack and South Park were horrible when I first played each. I've played them again, several times, and my opinion hasn't changed...

Sometimes your opinion won't change, but after 50 games, you know for sure, that game blows or that game is good enough to want.

#206 9 years ago
    Quoted from MaxGain:

South Park. It is simply awful. Slow, to much PF showing. Stupid toys. Just awful. I was offered one for $1k couple years ago and had to say no!

Proce police, that's too much.

#207 9 years ago

Hankin FJ Holden.

#208 9 years ago

As mentioned by numerous others, Hercules. Boring as hell.

#209 9 years ago
    Quoted from kenny_ii:

I'm surprised Gilligan's Island has escaped thusfar. I had a HOU only G.I. and couldn't flip it fast enough.

i agree, snooze fest.

can i say woz?

#210 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I agree 100%. If you havn't played at least 50 games on it, you don't have enough information to really base an opinion.
    there have been games out there, I thought I would not like based upon looks, and end up liking. And others that I love the looks of and hated when I actually played it extensively and the looks of it faded off and relied on gameplay. LIke TOM. Best looking cabinet in pinball. Great looking game. Snore fest to play after you have put time in on one.

Oh yeah? Why 50? Why not 10 or 200? This makes no sense. If you said time spent, that might hold some weight, not games played.

#211 9 years ago

Gonna get heat but:
    White Water
    Fish Tails
    Medieval Madness

#212 9 years ago

Monster Bash

and the mountains of Stern MB ripoffs...
    ACDC
    TWD
    Spider-Man
    Metallica
    Iron Man
    Tron
    ...etc etc etc

Never understood the appeal of such an overcomplicated ruleset, one that requires frequently stopping to check the status report. That's the opposite of exciting. AFM and MM got it right by communicating as much as possible through playfield lights or even physical locks *gasp!*, almost like the rules were actually designed along with the game instead of slapped together afterward through code.

"8 more loops for multiball!" ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

#213 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh yeah? Why 50? Why not 10 or 200? This makes no sense. If you said time spent, that might hold some weight, not games played.

Because 50 seems to be just about right. 200 you would lose count. 10 is not a enough to know. after 50 games, you have a fairly deep understanding of the rules, shots and see most of the things the game has to offer. first 4 or 5 games, you usually have no idea what's going on and just starting out making things happen, and see what multiballs and what not you have. EM's you probably could get away with 25 games to know if it has staying power or not.

#214 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Because 50 seems to be just about right. 200 you would lose count. 10 is not a enough to know. after 50 games, you have a fairly deep understanding of the rules, shots and see most of the things the game has to offer. first 4 or 5 games, you usually have no idea what's going on and just starting out making things happen, and see what multiballs and what not you have. EM's you probably could get away with 25 games to know if it has staying power or not.

Word. 50 just seemed pretty random. I think the true test is giving the game your undivided attention for a full pin sesh. If it don't take hold, then it won't be a game for you.

#215 9 years ago

Star Wars Episode 1 sent me to sleep. Every mode it seems you just aim it up the middle. Horrible.
    It's not a Pinball 2000 thing as I quite like RFM. SWEP1 is one of the very few pins I'd willingly walk away with credits on it.
    Special mention to FG - awful layout - and South Park which is for under 10s only.

#216 9 years ago

Most boring game I've played, that's hard, Bounty Hunter maybe.

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Because 50 seems to be just about right. 200 you would lose count. 10 is not a enough to know. after 50 games, you have a fairly deep understanding of the rules,

I would not count in games, but in time spent playing the game. Two 1h sessions are more than enough in most cases for me. Would mean 50 games if the game is brutal, but far less for games with long ball times.

#218 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

I would not count in games, but in time spent playing the game. Two 1h sessions are more than enough in most cases for me. Would mean 50 games if the game is brutal, but far less for games with long ball times.

Long ball times is more than enough to get tired of a game if it's not tickling your fancy. I dig short ball times in general.

#219 9 years ago

Hmmm, good question. I have a few...

Stern Rolling Stones
    Stern Avatar
    Stern Mustang
    and the most boring, even my son stopped on the 2nd ball. Transformers.

#220 9 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

Hmmm, good question. I have a few...
    Stern Rolling Stones
    Stern Avatar
    Stern Mustang
    and the most boring, even my son stopped on the 2nd ball. Transformers.

Glad someone is supporting Stern. Do you drive them off the showroom floor and pay full price, or do you buy used?

#221 9 years ago

1979 "The Incredible Hulk" by Gottlieb. One of the only machines I have walked away from in the middle of a game.

#222 9 years ago
    Quoted from 5280wzrd:

1979 "The Incredible Hulk" by Gottlieb. One of the only machines I have walked away from in the middle of a game.

Wow, that looks boring, slow bonus.

#223 9 years ago

Sometimes I find bsd boring and a bit overrated.

I try to like it but have a hard time.

#224 9 years ago

Roy Clark The Entertainer. I got a RCTE working for about ten games. Even my ten year old declared it boring. She asked how much I would be selling it for before she finished the first ball.

EMs - Jubilee/Darling. Hate that captive ball toy in the middle, and jubilee pretty much shoots it for you.

For modern games, NASCAR. Walked away after 10 minutes of ball 1.

#225 9 years ago

I like all pinball, if I pay for a game, I am finishing that game. What true pinballer walks away from a game? Unless my wife is pulling at my jacket and giving me the look of death to go home, I am finishing that game, boring or not.

On that note, Attack From Mars never really hit me as I game I would want to play more then 5 times. Some people hate it, but I love Congo and play it every chance I get

#226 9 years ago

how many of you feel insulted in this thread? I love my varkon

btw I was told how popeye sucked, I got one in a bulk deal. set it up and liked it. sold it 2 months later. ok they was right!!!!

#227 9 years ago

I really don't understand threads like these..

#228 9 years ago

Avengers, Walking Dead, Roller Coaster Tycoon.

#229 9 years ago

None. True, there are plenty of games I enjoy more than others (IJ, TZ, AFM, etc.) but I can find something to enjoy in ANY pinball provided it's fully functional and level. And LEDs are an added plus!

#230 9 years ago

To be honest with you all,if I only had one game I would get tired of it no matter what it was.

#231 9 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

I really don't understand threads like these..

I'm with you Bellbrand...

Everyone has different taste, needs, wants, etc... For some, a certain game it reminds them of their childhood and for others they are looking for deep rules and such. My favorite, may be your worst and that's okay! Regardless of what others think of the game, I have always tried to play and collect what I like and not worry about what others think of a certain game. This is a hobby. Do what makes "you" happy!

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#232 9 years ago

I think games that are set up too easy are boring. Some DMD-gottliebs are boring on default settings but are fun when set on 'hard' (software) and steep enough. Same goes for a lot of Stern-DMDs or (Alpha)Numeric games.
    A boring game (after a while) is Road Kings: though I like the layout, I like the sound and lights and I like the rules, it's just too easy to beat and therefor too repetitive! Because I really liked the layout and opportunities, it became my first P-ROC project .
    That said, maybe it's quite a fun game on original software, steep enough and set on 2 balls (or 3 and no extra balls).
    I really like LOTR as a total package, but after a game of almost an hour in a bar, I didn't really want to go back. If I'd own one, I think I'd set it to hard with outlanes open and such, even though that'd mean that I wouldn't get very far in the rules.
    I own a Stargate. Did like it a bit at first, started to get a bit less fun, put it on harder settings and I really love that game now.

Ok, what was I saying again? Oh yeah... it's important to me that a game isn't too easy.

#233 9 years ago

Lost in Space and Hercules.

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Bally Space Invaders
    The art package is fantastic, but the gameplay is meh. The problem is that it's a super widebody, and there isn't much on the playfield to fill it. Most of the playfield is just wide open space.

agree. When I first got into this hobby it was a must-buy because I used to play it when I was in my early teens plus it looks SOOOOOO COOOOLLL!!!! After playing it for a couple of months and bringing in other games it was a must-sell. It's too bad because it is one of the coolest looking games out there. Centaur is done by the same artist I believe. That one will likely never leave the collection.

#235 9 years ago

Hercules rules.

Try playing a nice one, like the one at flippers in NC

We spent a week going there over the summer, and always played a few multiplayer games on Hercules.

What's boring about it? Once you figure out how to make the shots it's super satisfying to actually make some headway and score some points or win a special or extra ball.

You may not want it as your only game or to camp out on it for an hour but it's a perfectly fun game and a fantastic novelty when it's properly maintained.

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...but it's a perfectly fun game and a fantastic novelty when it's properly maintained.

That's probably an issue. Only times I;ve seen them is @ Cedar Point, and they are in super poor condition.

#237 9 years ago

Every EM ever

#238 9 years ago

Hook is definitely up there with the most boring/ tedious but have to go with Wheel of Fortune for most boring.

Maybe the game I played setup was set way to easy. I couldn't drain left right or center, I had 3 extra balls and ended up leaving the game open, I'd had enough.

#239 9 years ago

BK2000 Good for about 3 games then zzzzzzzzz

#240 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's probably an issue. Only times I;ve seen them is @ Cedar Point, and they are in super poor condition.

those 2 are horrendous would love to save many of the games there!

#241 9 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

those 2 are horrendous would love to save many of the games there!

yeah 2 of them and both horrible!

#242 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eddie:

BK2000 Good for about 3 games then zzzzzzzzz

I like everything about that pin, except the gameplay. The music is awesome.

#243 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

See having 2 ....2 hour sessions is about 50 games for me for the most part. Unless i'm playing LOTR, TSPP, sopranos or SC.

#244 9 years ago

WNBJM was designed to capture new players and to provide a modernized version of older EM games. Great idea. But I played it at TPF and was disappointed. It was very slow and floaty. Just not my cup of tea, although I am sure others will love it. The theme seems silly and juvenile, almost embarrassingly bad.

#245 9 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Played a nice LOTR with a color dmd a few months ago. Practically had to force myself to play it.
    Hook is pretty bad.
    TZ is so fricken dry.
    Totan is not the worst but my god was it disappointing after playing it on pinball arcade.

Negative reps. I still stand by TZ on this one. RS and AF are both a lot more fun than TZ.

#246 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"hercules"

Dr. Scott in Toledo OH had one a year or so ago...

Saw 2 at Cedar Point, and 5 SS games all out of order, 7 EM games working.

#247 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

can't argue with that. Some are very entertained with those even on games that have no business having one.

What would those games be?

#248 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

What would those games be?

Pretty much every damn game besides ES and RS. JP makes good use of it as well. But just to throw a shaker in just because, is really stupid and overdone. If it fits the theme and utilized well, sure. but people seem to want to put a shaker in every piece of crap out there. Like LOTR, really has no business having a shaker. There are maybe 2 times in the game that a shaker could add to an effect like when the tower falls or something, but not enough to warrant one.

#249 9 years ago

south parzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

#250 9 years ago

I don't know man...I mean, the shaker in IM and SM for example are awesome and really fit. It goes. Something like FGY or LOTR like you mentioned doesn't really fit.

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-boring-pin-youve-played/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.