Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ENDOFLINE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ZIZ05401lg.jpg
    Chopping Wood.gif
    There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 9 years ago

TSPP - is pretty bad IMO. I wanted it to be awesome. Had a mint HUO and literally would not finish 3ball games on it. Just turned it off out of complete boredom.

WWE - this is just horrible. Mini PF monster kills it. This is the definition of "NOT one more game"

TOM - beautiful game, but snoozer. I would play it though if I saw it.

#103 9 years ago

There are some games from the 70's that are borderline unplayable, such as Darling/Jubilee, and several Bally's.

Bugs Bunny was probably the weakest SS game I can remember, pretty much see everything it has to offer in the first game you play.

I think Wrestlemania is going to hold the boring DMD title, if you are going to make a one trick pony machine, the trick needs to be really good

Chopping Wood.gifChopping Wood.gif
    #104 9 years ago

South Park. I was so excited to play it at first, and was done with it after 3 balls… Perfect theme to have a really great game. Big disappointment.

#105 9 years ago

South Park

Interestingly this was the first modern pin I played and got me into pinball. My brother in law had one at his house and I had not played any pinball since the 80's so it was new to me that pins were even still around and that they had DMD so I enjoyed it at the time like 11 years ago. After that I bought my own pins T2 and BOP.

Now fast forward to last year. I've been playing pinball for 10+ years and I was at my Brother in laws house. He still has SP and I was bored so I figured even a bad pinball machine is better than nothing so I startted to play. See if there was something I'd missed maybe there was a reason why its supposed to be a good earner. But after a few plays I was really bored. My candidate for the pinball hall of shame.

#106 9 years ago

The avengers was awful huge open field nothin going on.

#107 9 years ago

Another vote for South Park. First time I played it I thought the game was over and was disappointed to find that I'd picked up an extra ball somewhere and had to keep playing.

#108 9 years ago

I have to agree on Hercules, played on the Seaside NJ Boardwalk.
    But snoozers from games I've owned, SWE1 is at the top.

#109 9 years ago

Terminator 2 and Flash Gordon......waits for the flack

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

This shocks me. RBION is one of my favourite games.

+1 Ripleys is my wife's favorite also

#111 9 years ago

Pioneer, didn't even want to finish the first ball.

#112 9 years ago

You did not say LOTR is boring did you?

#113 9 years ago

holy shit I couldn't get in here to say Xfiles fast enough. For DMD's that is. SF2 is another big stinker. For Alpha numerics, I hated road kings, and there are a lot of Early SS and EM's that are pretty stale.

But every place there is crap, there is also greatness, in all eras and manufacturers.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Elvis, Sopranos and WOZ.

Sopranos is the bomb!
    Elvis & WOZ,
    not so much...

#115 9 years ago

This thread is really fascinating - some of these games (LOTR, POTC, STTNG, TotAN, RBION) are some of my favorite games. Seeing that people don't like them just reminds me of how diverse this hobby is!

As for my least favorite game, I really didn't enjoy South Park AT ALL.

#116 9 years ago

Hercules
    WOZ
    South Park
    Buck Rogers (most Gottlieb System 1s actually)
    Shaq
    TSPP
    LOTR I like, but my games are just too long on it to play often -- causes fatigue and wears me out from playing.

#117 9 years ago

Avengers was really boring for me.

#118 9 years ago

Monopoly - What were the executives thinking during their planning meeting? The board game itself barely passes as a medium grade, sleepy rainy Saturday afternoon distraction. The actual pin is worse IMHO.

Avengers - I'm still angry at this game. It pickpocketed me out of 2.00 a couple years ago. If you see this pin around your town, please PM me so I can call law enforcement. Don't make eye contact with it.

Demolition Man - Do you suffer from insomnia from time to time? This might be a good investment.

#119 9 years ago

Breakshot- really boring for a dmd pin.
    Had it for a very short time. And the call outs were very annoying.

#120 9 years ago

another vote for Avengers. the worst playfield layout ive seen.

#121 9 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

I am still new to the hobby and I don't understand all the stern hating.

It comes from Williams trolls who insist everything Williams did was gold. What they never seem to acknowledge is the shoddy quality of many of their pins (see Vid's posts for more on this), the fact that it was Williams who said FU to Pinball, and that many of their designers and programmers now work for Stern.

#122 9 years ago

Most boring game I've played......?

RCT (roller coaster tycoon)

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

But the BBH theme is so dreadful i have no drive to get better

"Well ain't you just the tall hog at the trough?!"

#124 9 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

Breakshot- really boring for a dmd pin.
    Had it for a very short time. And the call outs were very annoying.

You didn't have it long enough. BS is an EM on steroids. Don't consider it a DMD... if you're only into "DMD" games, this isn't for you, but if you like EM style play, this is it, just faster.

And yea, the callouts make fun of you when you lose. This is not a John Popadiuk game

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from lockednlit:

Big buck hunter , however i do enjoy the arcade game

Really I can understand if you don't like it but it's not boring the humor alone makes it fun..

#126 9 years ago

Hercules. Not even a contest.

Chris

#127 9 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard.

#128 9 years ago

WWE
    Fell asleep while the ball was in the wrestling ring

#129 9 years ago

Hercules
    Orbitor 1
    WWE
    Gottlieb Mustang
    City Slicker
    Bugs Bunny

#130 9 years ago

The games I have either wanted to, or did, walk away due to boredom are:

1) Circus Voltaire, Tacoma show 2013, the only reason I stuck it out was it was a gorgeous machine and I had waited in line to play it. First and only, so I didn't know the rules, but it was so damn easy to hit shot after shot I was praying for drains. Took. For. Ever.

2) Bad Cats, Oh. My. God.

3) Predator, Tacoma show early prototype. Never got a chance to play one later on in development. I wrote a lengthy review afterwards. Was set up to be easy, but after putting up billions of points my son was bored to death and I was actively trying to creat situations that would cause a drain.

4) Avengers, and, to make matters worse, it was on five ball. We left after ball three.

5) Jack Bot, used to like it, can't stand it now.

#131 9 years ago

Pretty much any older SS or EM pin. I try to like them because they look cool and vintage but so slow and boring. Some of older SS make awful sounds and get really annoying.

For newer games, I really wanted to like DM but it disappointed. Artwork is bland, the handles are stupid, and the crane is not fun.

#132 9 years ago

Strongly agree with all the mentions of South Park.

#133 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Most boring game I've played......?
    RCT (roller coaster tycoon)

Agree with RCT, and X Files I thought was bad news as well

#134 9 years ago

Wait why hasn't anyone mentioned Ro Go?!

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Because many haven't even heard about it, let alone played one unless they are 50 plus

#136 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

holy shit I couldn't get in here to say Xfiles fast enough.

Too funny, and I agree. Sega has a few real stinkers from that era. HD might even be more boring.

#137 9 years ago

South Park. It is simply awful. Slow, to much PF showing. Stupid toys. Just awful. I was offered one for $1k couple years ago and had to say no!

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

another vote for Avengers. the worst playfield layout ive seen.

I like the LE. It's a good playfield layout and refreshing that its not a left ramp right ramp toy in the middle fan game.

-c

p.s. i don't own one.

#139 9 years ago

Threads like this should start out saying "DMD/SS" games.

Sure I've played a lot of EM's and some are great and some are really boring.....but "most" people in this hobby are familiar with the actual titles on DMD's and most SS's.....not EM's.

Ro Go? How many have actually played it? There are like 4000+ EM's that have been made.

#140 9 years ago

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Waste of a perfectly good $0.50 that I could have plugged into the Playboy next to it.

#141 9 years ago

100% agree on Ro Go. good to look at but nothing to shoot for.

-c

#142 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nullpunkt:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Waste of a perfectly good $0.50 that I could have plugged into the Playboy next to it.

Playboy sucks too.

#143 9 years ago

There are so many pins I haven't played or played enough to judge , but I have to agree, Rolling Stones(2011), Hook, Bad Cats,and Family Guy. FG wasn't too bad but I hated the mini-game. It reminded me of the little plastic table top games we had as kids. Honorable mention goes out to all the early SS games that had no call outs but made an endless string of electronic noises. They aggrivate the heck out of me. I'll take EM bells over the "beeps & boops" any day.

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Playboy sucks too.

Every one of them.

#145 9 years ago

The most boring game would be the one that does not power up.

#146 9 years ago

^ true

#147 9 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Because many haven't even heard about it, let alone played one unless they are 50 plus

I am a thirty six year old lady! And I've had the distinct misfortune of having to play several Ro Gos

My other suggestion of El Toro probably won't do me any good here either haha.

#148 9 years ago

I am a thirty six year old lady! And I've had the distinct misfortune of having to play several Ro Gos
    My other suggestion of El Toro probably won't do me any good here either haha.

I fully know your status CP. El Boro is true to it's name for sure. I'd nominate Derby Day.

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dabcosr:

The most boring game would be the one that does not power up.

You've apparently never played Bad Cats.

#150 9 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

4) Avengers, and, to make matters worse, it was on five ball. We left after ball three.

Yeah...is there anything worse than a boring machine set to 5 balls?

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-boring-pin-youve-played/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.