• 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bobmathuse
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flat,750x1000,075,f.u1 (resized).jpg
Resident Alien (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 2 years ago

I'm really amazed to see people saying Stranger Things. I'm watching it for the first time and frankly I'm astounded by how badly it fell from season 2 to 3. Season 3 is one of the worst written things I've ever seen. Typical hollywood trash where every scene needs some goofy joke and every tense moment is an action scene where we know the good guy is going to win, or at least get away. It's pure hollywood nonsense. Why are hopper and winona rider consantly joking when they're two seconds from dying? The first seasons sprinkled in a tiny bit of levity here and there but the third one is just full of constant nonsense.

The bad guys are all super cliche. The Russians, the politician and the newspaper guys are just badly written. It's like a junior staff member was given the job of writing their parts they're just so cliche.

And Erica might be the worst written character I've ever seen in a piece of media. There isn't a single kid on this planet who talks like that. And we get it, she's sassy, that doesn't mean every single line she has must be a drawn out spew of sassy nonsense. Her scenes are so unnecessarily long and stupid it makes me just want to fast forward every time I see her. We get it, she thinks they are nerds. Why does she say it literally every line? Who possibly thinks that is endearing and not annoying?

The first two seasons were cerebral thrillers. The third is just typical hollywood trash. I'd really be interested if the writers changed or if it was just the show getting too big that did it, but it's almost impressive how far it fell in a single season.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-anticipated-next-season-tv?tu=Anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.