• 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bobmathuse
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flat,750x1000,075,f.u1 (resized).jpg
Resident Alien (resized).jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

After eagerly awaiting it since first announced, my wife and I finished Dexter New Blood last night. Satisfying…but what’s next?

What TV shows next seasons can’t get here soon enough?

#2 2 years ago

Even though it’s coming this month, Ozark. Kind of like Breaking Bad Part 2. Great show.

#3 2 years ago

I've been so damn excited for the new season of This is Us. Fantastic show.

#4 2 years ago

Stranger things and a similar (better) show… Locke and Key

#5 2 years ago

Peaky Blinders!!!!

#6 2 years ago

Stranger Things and Ozark for me!

#7 2 years ago

Dallas after that weekend clifhanger.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Peaky Blinders!!!!

Damn - didnt even realize they were doing a season 6

#10 2 years ago

Also, final season of Better Call Saul.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Good call with Locke and Key. It’s an excellent show. I wonder how many people watch it? I don’t ever hear anyone talk about it.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I almost started Locke and key,but I wasn't sure, thanks for the heads-up !

#13 2 years ago

Another Life. It’s a coin toss on season 3 I’m not holding my breath.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I wonder how many people watch it?

Your the only other person I know who has made acknowledgment of if. I never really got into the Harry Potter franchise but it’s neat how they sprinkled a little magic in there.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Good call with Locke and Key. It’s an excellent show. I wonder how many people watch it? I don’t ever hear anyone talk about it.

I like the show overall.
I don’t think it’s a home run like Wire or Breaking Bad but enjoying watching it.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Ozark. Kind of like Breaking Bad Part 2. Great show.

Haven’t watched, but seen it on my list, I’ll give it a look. Breaking Bad I can watch once a year.

#17 2 years ago

Excited that Righteous Gemstones just started back up.

#18 2 years ago

Mandalorian, Cobra Kai, Barry, and Peaky Blinders.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Haven’t watched, but seen it on my list, I’ll give it a look. Breaking Bad I can watch once a year.

If you like Breaking Bad, you will love Ozark. I have no doubts. In fact, I’d say it’s almost as good as Breaking Bad and Breaking Bad sets a very high standard.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Even though it’s coming this month, Ozark. Kind of like Breaking Bad Part 2. Great show.

Starts next week -

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

In fact, I’d say it’s almost as good as Breaking Bad

Enh, this might be a bit of a stretch. But it is pretty good.

#22 2 years ago

I was looking forward to the new season of Cobra Kai, finished it this weekend and was underwhelmed - some of the fight choreography, while never Bruce Lee exactly, just seemed poor.

Looking forward to Ozark -

#23 2 years ago

I'm really amazed to see people saying Stranger Things. I'm watching it for the first time and frankly I'm astounded by how badly it fell from season 2 to 3. Season 3 is one of the worst written things I've ever seen. Typical hollywood trash where every scene needs some goofy joke and every tense moment is an action scene where we know the good guy is going to win, or at least get away. It's pure hollywood nonsense. Why are hopper and winona rider consantly joking when they're two seconds from dying? The first seasons sprinkled in a tiny bit of levity here and there but the third one is just full of constant nonsense.

The bad guys are all super cliche. The Russians, the politician and the newspaper guys are just badly written. It's like a junior staff member was given the job of writing their parts they're just so cliche.

And Erica might be the worst written character I've ever seen in a piece of media. There isn't a single kid on this planet who talks like that. And we get it, she's sassy, that doesn't mean every single line she has must be a drawn out spew of sassy nonsense. Her scenes are so unnecessarily long and stupid it makes me just want to fast forward every time I see her. We get it, she thinks they are nerds. Why does she say it literally every line? Who possibly thinks that is endearing and not annoying?

The first two seasons were cerebral thrillers. The third is just typical hollywood trash. I'd really be interested if the writers changed or if it was just the show getting too big that did it, but it's almost impressive how far it fell in a single season.

#24 2 years ago

Looking forward to Arcane season 2, but that’ll be a WHILE, I’m sure.

#25 2 years ago

The Boys Season 3

#26 2 years ago

The Last Kingdom

#27 2 years ago

Halt and Catch Fire is really good. I think there are 4 seasons in total. It was an AMC joint.

#28 2 years ago

also Looking forward to The next season of The Last Kingdom but also Resident Alien Season 2 /

#29 2 years ago

Had a blast watching season one of Resident Alien last year. Season 2 kicking off of Jan 21.

Resident Alien (resized).jpgResident Alien (resized).jpg
#30 2 years ago

Hopefully another season of Letterkenny

#31 2 years ago

Stranger Things, The Boys and The Umbrella Academy

#32 2 years ago

Yeah…Ozarks, The Boys, Better Call Saul, and Warrior (hopefully) are at the top of our list. Maybe R&M too.

Obi Wan and House of the Dragon are our most anticipated ‘new’ shows; hope they’re done right.

#33 2 years ago

…also just finished current season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Anything else current out there that is funny?

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

…also just finished current season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Anything else current out there that is funny?

In my opinion, no. Curb is in a class of its own!

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Hopefully another season of Letterkenny

Just finished binging this over the holidays. Great show. It's very 'Kevin Smithy' and due to accents and rapid fire dialogue you have to really pay attention to get into it, but it's worth it.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Have you watched What We Do in the Shadows? Great show.

#37 2 years ago

For All Mankind

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have you watched What We Do in the Shadows? Great show.

Thanks for the reminder. I binged ~6 episodes on a plane last year, but then forgot about it. It was funny.

I’ll also give letterkenny a shot.

#39 2 years ago

Ready for Obi Wan when it comes out. Hopefully it’s good. I like the spin-offs they are doing with the Star Wars stuff but really hope it doesn’t turn into Marvel burn out. So sick of super hero stuff…..there is too much it’s just become another show and nothing special.

Better call Saul and The Ozarks. Can’t wait to see how these end.

Watching 1883 and it’s OK. It kind of drags a little. Don’t want to give away any spoilers so will leave it at that but if you like Yellowstone it’s worth a watch.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'm really amazed to see people saying Stranger Things. I'm watching it for the first time and frankly I'm astounded by how badly it fell from season 2 to 3. Season 3 is one of the worst written things I've ever seen. Typical hollywood trash where every scene needs some goofy joke and every tense moment is an action scene where we know the good guy is going to win, or at least get away. It's pure hollywood nonsense. Why are hopper and winona rider consantly joking when they're two seconds from dying? The first seasons sprinkled in a tiny bit of levity here and there but the third one is just full of constant nonsense.
The bad guys are all super cliche. The Russians, the politician and the newspaper guys are just badly written. It's like a junior staff member was given the job of writing their parts they're just so cliche.
And Erica might be the worst written character I've ever seen in a piece of media. There isn't a single kid on this planet who talks like that. And we get it, she's sassy, that doesn't mean every single line she has must be a drawn out spew of sassy nonsense. Her scenes are so unnecessarily long and stupid it makes me just want to fast forward every time I see her. We get it, she thinks they are nerds. Why does she say it literally every line? Who possibly thinks that is endearing and not annoying?
The first two seasons were cerebral thrillers. The third is just typical hollywood trash. I'd really be interested if the writers changed or if it was just the show getting too big that did it, but it's almost impressive how far it fell in a single season.

I watched the first three seasons,and I didn't care for the show. I kept thinking it was gonna get better,and it never did.
It's probably me, I couldn't wait until Star Wars was over when It was first released in the movie theaters.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

For All Mankind

Every time I see the title of this show somewhere, just for a moment, I keep hoping it's a Nier:Automata show.

flat,750x1000,075,f.u1 (resized).jpgflat,750x1000,075,f.u1 (resized).jpg
#42 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Great question. Good comedies seem to be so few and far between these days. Curb is legendary but outside of Rick and Morty and South Park (still hilarious) I can’t find anything that’ll make me laugh. We need a new show like Arrested Development/The Office/30 Rock now more than ever. I guess comedy is either really hard or unprofitable.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

If you like Breaking Bad, you will love Ozark. I have no doubts. In fact, I’d say it’s almost as good as Breaking Bad and Breaking Bad sets a very high standard.

I’m somewhere in episode 3 or 4 of season one it definitely seems like a solid show. I like the subtle humor too.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I’m somewhere in episode 3 or 4 of season one it definitely seems like a solid show. I like the subtle humor too.

I gave up for a while early into season 2 years ago but decided to revisit it a few weeks ago and it got exponentially better and finished season 3 yesterday. It’s a very good show and I’m stoked for season 4 next weekend.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Just keep going!!! New season in a week.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Just keep going!!! New season in a week.

I'm kind of disappointed that this is the last season.

#47 2 years ago

Animal Kingdom - final season.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm kind of disappointed that this is the last season.

I get it but don’t forget that it’s an extra long season broken into two parts. I know it’s still the last season, but, at the same time, that’s something…

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I get it but don’t forget that it’s an extra long season broken into two parts. I know it’s still the last season, but, at the same time, that’s something…

Thanks I didn't know that it was a longer season,nice!

#50 2 years ago

Better Call Saul & Ozark. I can't wait!

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-anticipated-next-season-tv?hl=anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.