Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Ralph67
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I agree the Stern knocker sound needs to be improved for 2014.
    I thought it's been previously debated here on Pinside Forum, and generally agreed upon and clarified that the old-school knocker sound is actually a "thwack!"

Stern knocker sound by far!... SPONNNK! No thank you. I turned it off immediately.

#52 10 years ago

The screeching bug sounds in Starship Troopers.

#53 10 years ago

"Jackpooooooooooooot"

- Attack From Mars

The entire Merlin library.

- Medieval Madness

#54 10 years ago

The knocker on RFM and SWE1 is really annoying, thought the pin was self destructing the first time I heard it

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wasmachien:

He scoooooores ! PZ outlane drain

errr...wrong game pal!!

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mrhide:

errr...wrong game pal!!

"Party Zone? Where's the end zone?"

#57 10 years ago

The "farting" the pop bumpers make on South Park.

#58 10 years ago

Lion man ,Lion man , Swords of Fury.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

"Jackpooooooooooooot"
    - Attack From Mars

It must really to get you every time you score a super.

#60 10 years ago

Most Data East / Sega games are so repetitive in their sound, which really annoys me. LW3 stands out for me as I can't hear another "They got away". But I find LOTR also very annoying in it's speech calls. and the poos sound quality in TSPP is also a huge turn off for me.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from NathanP:

the girl in the '24' pin.

That's the one! I was thinking it too. (Monotone) "you gonna get that?" "Jackpot.......jackpot.........jackpot"

#62 10 years ago

me I just love knockers!!

#63 10 years ago

Pretty much everything on South Park.

#64 10 years ago

The most annoying sound in a pinball machine?

Working on the underneath side of a play field in the up position, as you are removing a screw , it drops, you hear it bouncing on the way down , but you do not hear it hit the cabinet bottom ( lost in the quagmire).

#65 10 years ago

I guess not too many have much time on Tee'd Off, the gopher calls in that game are unbearable.

Generally speaking, Data East and Gottlieb were waaaay behind Williams in sound from the start of the DMD era, not all of there callouts or sounds I liked of course, but they were a lot less repetitive than the the others.

#66 10 years ago

Nothing beats the dragon's "roar" on Interflip's Dragon

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

Anything that sounds like Acdc or Metallica.

I like AC/DC and Metallica's music, but not the sounds in either game, although if I had to choose my poison AC/DC is miles better the MET.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

The most annoying sound in a pinball machine?

"Will you turn that thing off and come to bed?"

#69 10 years ago

*BANG*

*THUNK THUNK THUNK*

*ROLL*

Raising a playfield and forgetting to take the balls out and hearing one fall, hit the playfield, bounce into the cabinet, and roll away.

#70 10 years ago

Shaq Attaq - "Shoot the basket", "Shoot the Spinner", and "The Ramp. The Ramp."

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

Hands down, it is the electronic "knocker" sound that Stern uses.

Williams was able to digitize the knocker sound on their later pins. Not as good as the real knocker sound, but much better than what Stern uses. I can't fathom why after more than a decade Stern hasn't replaced that sound with one that is closer to a real knocker sound, even if only on new pins. That has to be one of the easiest things they could do.

#72 10 years ago

Lotr, I love the game and the theme but that vertical kicker simulating swords clashing bad sound is really annoying

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

Williams was able to digitize the knocker sound on their later pins. Not as good as the real knocker sound, but much better than what Stern uses. I can't fathom why after more than a decade Stern hasn't replaced that sound with one that is closer to a real knocker sound, even if only on new pins. That has to be one of the easiest things they could do.

Simple. They don't want to. They aren't trying to replicate a physical knocker. They made their own unique sound. Good or bad, love it or hate it, every person on here can pick out a Stern knocker in a room full of machines!

#74 10 years ago

Anything Alec Baldwin says, anytime, anywhere.*

* Technically related to The Shadow

#75 10 years ago

SG, being a great game with good depth, I think might be the most annoying pinball machine, call out wise. I don't mind the music, but even that gets a little annoying as well. The sounds are so clanking, and given the time, they sound like horrible mono recordings.

It would be nice if someone could redo the sounds in that machine.

Quoted from centerflank:

Technically, thumbs down only mean disagree

Yeah, but in my opinion (uh oh!) thumbs downs are generally used for a strongly disagree statement, or you really oppose what has just been said, and thumbs up is more of a "yeah" or "exactly". I tread lightly when thumbing someone down.

#76 10 years ago

The drunk in fisticuffs multiball on Champion Pub.

#77 10 years ago

Tron: "Behold: The son of our maaaaaaaakaaaaaaah!"

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Lion man ,Lion man , Swords of Fury.

+1

"LIONMAN" is ridiculously annoying!

#79 10 years ago

Always hated that laughing like noise whe you miss the skill shot ot TOTAN. The tweeting birds just makes it worse.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayvo86:

When I first heard the Stern knocker, I actually thought something was wrong with the game. (Glitch or something) Of course, that was when I was really new to pinball.

This was pretty much my experience. I thought that it was a software problem. I laughed out loud when I learned that it was the "knocker". The new stern knockers are definitely the only knockers that I dislike. You can quote me on that one.

#81 10 years ago

The loud speaker pop that comes in between balls on a lot of Bally/Williiams machines from the 90s is a sound I can live without.

#82 10 years ago

+1 on the "Ding" on WOZ. When the ball gets stuck in the slings and that high-pitched "ding" goes on for 30 seconds it is almost unbearable. Not only is it annoying but it down right hurts your ears.

#83 10 years ago

Stargate - "Shoot for the pyramid" OK game I would never own because of this one very annoying quote.

#84 10 years ago

Dalek noises in Dr Who. They are so loud compared to the other sounds in the game!

#85 10 years ago

The most annoying is definitely the Stern knocker.

For whatever reason the woman's voice in all the JPop games also annoys me.

TOM: "You have the magic"

CV: "Come join the circus"

It's both very dramatic and completely unemotional at the same time. Annoying!!

Her voice doesn't bother me in TOTAN as much.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Stargate - "Shoot for the pyramid" OK game I would never own because of this one very annoying quote.

You can also disable this at the ball start. Otherwise, it is extremely annoying. I should not have traded that game

#87 10 years ago

How about the two bang noises on T2 when it is not being play, the one's when the T & 2 come together. They can't be turned off, arrggh!

#88 10 years ago

Axel rose Screaming "Welcome to the Jungle" over and over . Shits me to tears!. And the Stern Knocker sound , sounds a bit like the 'chalk on blackboard' screech.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-annoying-hated-sound-or-quote-in-a-pinball-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.