Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

better_call_saul.JPG
TM.jpg
still.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

The video and audio is poor, but I was lucky to get it.

That is displayed on an LCD in the back box.

I guess the "Beta" version will be on display at expo.

I also got a pic.

still.jpgstill.jpg

#4 11 years ago

It is not just a translite replacement, it is soo very much more. It will interact with game play. It is designed to keep the game with the dmd intact, so it can be easily transformed back to its original state if the mod is removed.

#6 11 years ago

"The Mamushka" mode will be a little more interesting than just orange dots. Actually, all the modes will be.

All the details will be revealed at Expo in Chicago.

TM.jpgTM.jpg

#9 11 years ago

What I have shared here is just the tip of the iceberg.

That is all I can say at this time.

#20 11 years ago

Here is a better vid of one of the attract mode animations:

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it might be to much. Its such a contrast to the dark playfield of TAF, that it might be distracting. I think I will just stick to the colorized DMD displays, when/if they come out.

Keep in mind these are just snapshots of an early prototype in attract mode.

I feel the same way... when the game is playing, the LCD animations must match seamlessly with the game play. And not be overbearing, but add to an already great pin. I just can't reveal too much right now but appreciate all the feedback, even if it is critical

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Easily the most ridiculous mod to date, and that's saying something. At some point you seriously just need to leave well enough alone and enjoy playing your pinball machines.

I can't say I totally disagree with this. But since the pin ties in so closely with the movie, it seemed a natural tie in given the fact today's technology finally allows for this to actually happen. I knew from the outset that some would never ever consider this mod, and I also knew some would love the idea. That is why one of the main ideas of this mod is to keep the option to play the original with the artwork showing on the DMD or toggle to play the "enhanced" version.

As far as the rights go, this mod is strictly home use only. The dvd and material contained in it is for private home use, not for public display. Each mod would come with an original copy of the dvd from which all copyrighted material would be found, and would therefor be for private home use only.

#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I don't think this provides you any legal protection. You are not the producers, publishers, or distributors of the original movie so therefore you have no legal right to reproduce and sell their product without some kind of written contract in place. While you are not making new content, you are releasing content in a new medium to a new audience and selling that product. Trust me, if you're profiting of the sale of someone else's product, they'll find a way to stop it. Especially Raul Julia's estate.
Careful where you tread.....

You are correct.

I am not selling or reproducing their copyrighted content for distribution.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I would see a lawyer, personally. If you stand to gain/profit from this, best case you get the cease and desist, worst case you get dragged into court, and they want every red cent you made from this, plus you will have to cover lawyer fee's, maybe theirs as well.
From what you describe, it sounds like I could reproduce 'The Goblet of Fire' in a new leather bound edition ($155), and as long as I included a $7.99 paper back of the original, Rowling has no case. I'm pretty sure black helicopters would show up if I did this.
Making money off of other people's trademarks and IP is a pretty complicated affair. Maybe some of our pinhead lawyers will chime in.

You can build a custom MP3 player, and sell it along with, say, an unopened Eminem CD to someone. That person who buys it has the right to load tracks from the CD to the MP3 for his own personal use.

Sell the same MP3 loaded with copyrighted songs.... yeah, problem.

#59 11 years ago

Ok, We are putting the cart ahead of the horse here.

1. This is my own mod, using my own hardware, using clips from my own copy of the DVD in my own home.

2. I never said it would be for sale. It was assumed. But for the record, if it does come to fruition, the hardware and custom software programming could be sold as a kit... Not preloaded with any copyrighted material.

I am doing this as a hobby that I love and want to see it happen. I am not, nor will I ever, illegally copy, furnish, or sell copyrighted material

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

he'll make it legal

I lol'd

1 week later
#68 11 years ago

Who said anything about making money?

Innovations have to start somewhere. Good, bad, or indifferent.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This is my T-2 at the 2010 Denver show. The video playing on screen is the Pinball 101 movie preview that producer Randy Elwin made special for this project at my request.
My intent was to have a lipstick camera on the center apron viewing up the playfied so people could watch the action from the just over the flippers.
From my web site: http://www.wrongcrowdproductions.com/images/T2Pinball101.jpg
I've been distracted with other interests and have abandoned the project if anyone wants to take it up.
Joel? Run with it my friend.
Kim

Thanks, Kim.

Something like that is actually in the works as well. The lcd screen makes many cool things possible.

And as far as the licensed material, I will NOT be distributing copyrighted material. My own mod may have some of my own, playing clips from MY OWN DVD. It would be up to each individual to use their OWN dvd if they want to play clips in their own home.

I am just trying to develop a system that could open up many possibilities for complimenting old pinballs, and maybe even new ones.

And still have the original backglass art....

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from Chickadee:

Brilliant! I can not wait to see this in person, when can I get it? Approx kit cost? Outside the box but would love a tie in to old TV show.

You can see a very very early version at the Pinball Expo in Chicago. It will not be finished until October 2013. No idea on the kit cost at this point.

This is being done as a HOBBY first, if there is some demand, and it turns out good, well... we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thanks for your interest.

#74 11 years ago

And to the other "naysayers" Please read the WHOLE thread before posting repeat comments that have already been answered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

16,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-amazing-taf-mod-sneak-peek?tu=Beechwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.