Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PINBELL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SorcererBackglass.JPG
    SorcererLEDS.JPG
    SorcererShine.jpg
    IMG_8151.JPG
    IMG_7980.JPG
    IMG_7979.JPG
    IMG_7981.JPG
    DSC02196.jpg
    DSC02194.jpg
    DSC00727.jpg
    phantomOpera9.jpg
    phantomOpera8.jpg
    phantomOpera1.jpg
    phantom-fullshot.jpg
    Backglass.JPG
    se_Playfield_full.jpg
    There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

Are you talking about an official chart now, or do you mean your own personal aesthetics charts...? If it's an official chart, then gameplay will play a big role in it's ranking, which is not what the OP is asking...

It's a figure of speech. No official chart sited.

Based on looks alone I think Centaur, Fathom and Paragon are the best looking games of their time.

#52 11 years ago

No mention of ToM yet? Great looking cabinet and playfield.

#53 11 years ago

Junkyard has some amazing artwork on it too. That's one of the main reasons I picked it up. It just looks so damn good!

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

It's a figure of speech. No official chart sited.

I thought it might have been... just checking...

#56 11 years ago

Sorcerer

#57 11 years ago

I think this is quite pretty too:

Backglass_mermaid.jpgBackglass_mermaid.jpg Playfield_comp.jpgPlayfield_comp.jpg

#58 11 years ago

AC/DC Premium/LE gets my vote. It shines

#59 11 years ago

Here's another vote for Paragon.

#60 11 years ago

Fathom. Backglass and playfield are both beautifuly done by the talented Greg Freres.

#61 11 years ago

definitely ToM, CV, TotAN, BBB. WH20 looks really nice to IMO, and Flintstones captures Bedrock very very well.

I think this is quite pretty too:
    -mermaid images-

What is that game?

#62 11 years ago

I think lotr is one of the nicest looking games I've seen. The cabinet, playfield and lighting are top notch

#63 11 years ago

TOTAN and Tron LE for me.

#64 11 years ago

Big Bang Bar
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Tron
    Fathom

bigbang.gifbigbang.gif 100248.jpg100248.jpg 100253.jpg100253.jpg img_7135a.jpgimg_7135a.jpg image-31.jpgimage-31.jpg

#65 11 years ago

ToTaN
    CV
    CFTBL

Sadly I dont like the game play enough of any to justify expence.

#66 11 years ago

What is that game?

Let's just say it's Spanish and has a difficult to pronounce name

I think this has an awsome aesthetics package too:

Backglass.jpgBackglass.jpg between_flippers_lady.jpgbetween_flippers_lady.jpg Playfield.jpgPlayfield.jpg

#67 11 years ago

I second this.
    Sorcerer all the way.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

I second this.
    Sorcerer all the way.

Yep sorcerer is a good looking game . Someone posted a pic of a cheetah backglass , holy crap that's a man baby! yikes that was bad .

#69 11 years ago

Oh yeah got to give a thumbs up to Farfalla as well. Nice.

#70 11 years ago

UnreadMost aesthetically pleasing pins? 69

I messed up by posting number 70 but it sure was funny seeing the title and post count for a while.

#71 11 years ago

Tron LE & Diner IMO. (Diner's cabinet particularly when brand new looking)

#72 11 years ago

My votes go to Xenon and Flash Gordon. TOTAN has a great playfield but translite not so much.

#74 11 years ago

Wow...no mention of any EM titles at all? You guys do know that they made pinball machines before 1980, right?

That said, I think two of the most aesthetically pleasing games ever made are Royal Flush and Genie!

Dave
    http://arcadenovelties.com

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenovelties:

Wow...no mention of any EM titles at all? You guys do know that they made pinball machines before 1980, right

Pinball.......BEFORE 1980.......does not compute.....

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

TRON LE & Diner IMO. (Diner's cabinet particularly when brand new looking)

Oh, man... I totally forgot about Diner.

Beautiful machine!

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one here who loves the art on Space Invaders.

The stencil work on the cabinet is amazing. And the playfield is beautiful. P1060658Large.jpgP1060658Large.jpg Picture_4.pngPicture_4.png

#77 11 years ago

I've always loved CFTBL. The art, the backglass, hologram, and the playfield all flows well together.

pc020434_186.jpgpc020434_186.jpg CFTBL_close.JPGCFTBL_close.JPG creature_holo_lg.jpgcreature_holo_lg.jpg cftbltransliteprint1.jpgcftbltransliteprint1.jpg

#78 11 years ago

I've always thought STTNG was a beautiful pin. I'm not the biggest fan of the back glass, but just as an overall package. The integration of the theme, the lower cabinet art is gorgeous, as is the playfield. I love it. Also helps I'm a Trek nerd.

Also, Premium AC/DC is an eye-grabber.

TOTAN is just in a league all its own though.

#79 11 years ago

Strikes and Spares, CV, Wizard, Spanish Eyes, and, about half of Gottlieb machines with Roy Parker and Gordon Morrison artwork.

#80 11 years ago

Stargate is one of the most attractive games to me

#81 11 years ago

Never seen the 'beauty' in a half beast half motorbike myself... He's an ugly SOAB!!
    My mind always wanders back to this machine eventually when it comes to aesthetics:
    Kitch: definitely, beautiful: that too in my book!

LOL Yes, Cheetah joins Party Zone and some others in the running for the ultimate Butterface title.

Cheetah has a very interesting field and shot layout, and lots of fun to play....but it's ugly as sin.

#82 11 years ago

I give the nod to MB, Creech, MM, TZ, Fathom, Xenon, SS and TRON LE

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from diskoboy:

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one here who loves the art on Space Invaders.

It was on my list page one as well.

#84 11 years ago

Would choose CFTBL especially with the green chase lights on during attract mode.

#85 11 years ago

CFTBL has the best total package, top to bottom. Even the speaker panel is beautifully done.

Honorable mentions to Fathom,SS, CV, and MB.

#86 11 years ago

Cheetah has a very interesting field and shot layout, and lots of fun to play....but it's ugly as sin.

It's funny how tastes can be totally opposite, I think Cheetah is one of the most beautiful games there is...

Wow...no mention of any EM titles at all? You guys do know that they made pinball machines before 1980, right?

A lot of woodrails are very beautiful for sure... This one's quite nice I think...

se_Head.jpgse_Head.jpg se_Cab_left.jpgse_Cab_left.jpg se_Playfield_lower.jpgse_Playfield_lower.jpg se_Head_left.jpgse_Head_left.jpg se_Playfield_full.jpgse_Playfield_full.jpg

#87 11 years ago

I say Wizard. So amazing.

#88 11 years ago

A lot of woodrails are very beautiful for sure... This one's quite nice I think...

Wow, Pinballslave! I've never heard of or seen "Serenade" before. I agree; WHAT A BEAUTY! I love how the cabinet echos the shape of the gondola. What simple genius. Thanks so much for sharing those pictures.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#89 11 years ago

Whitewater and TOTAN and cv too

#90 11 years ago

C'mon, you all know Baywatch is tops!

#91 11 years ago

I've never heard of or seen "Serenade" before. I agree; WHAT A BEAUTY! I love how the cabinet echos the shape of the gondola. What simple genius. Thanks so much for sharing those pictures.

My pleasure... this is the Alben version of the Gottlieb game Gondolier... Here's the backglass for Gondolier... personally I think the Alben artwork is better... The detail in the building is much better for example... the playfield is also better on the Alben I think with 2 chicks, both of which are hotter than the Gottlieb chick (can't find pic of Goldolier among the handful of websites that filter through the firewall at work, but I'm sure the IPDB will have lots of images... would be good if someone could upload one here for comparison purposes). Also Gottlieb didn't bother with theme linked artwork on the cabs of these woodrails, just going for simple geometric designs instead... so Alben definitely wins here too...

Backglass.JPGBackglass.JPG

#92 11 years ago

Personally, I think TOTAN has the best looking playfield/design i've ever seen in pinball. It's a work of art. CV is pretty nice too. TOM is also beautiful, and one of the best cabinets ever made, but unfortunately the gameplay and rules are uneventful and boring as shit. Mine had to go, but kept the other 2.

#93 11 years ago

There seems to be a trend here. Most of the gorgeous looking pins mentioned here are pretty much snoozers for long term playability. ToTAN, ToM, CV, Tron, BBB, BBH,

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

ToTAN, ToM, CV, Tron, BBB, BBH,

Throwing BBH in was a test to see if anyone's reading right.... do I get a prize?

#95 11 years ago

There are many wonderful machines...

Centaur (coolest look... and also speech ever), Fathom are top of the top - best backglass ever... Viper (Stern 1981). Medusa is also super nice, but I don't like the gameplay at all. Quite a lot of the Stern EEs are really nice.

The AFM backglass is for me personally one of the best... I also like the artwork of the cabinet and the playfield... but in this case, I am not objective, because I like the gameplay that much.

The Big Bang Bar has a unique and absolutely great look. It is a pity that you have to pay ca. 15k here for this beauty. This is too much for me, even though the artwork is in my personal top 3.

Also in the top 3 - the X-Men. Out of the box Magneto is first choice. But I bought a Wolverine - with glossy black powder coated siderails, lockbar, etc. - this will turn the premium choice.
    The comic-style, aggressive look is closer to pop-art than to a gaming machine. Great job!

#96 11 years ago

Fireball II has some amazing backglass art.

#97 11 years ago

ToTAN and CV would be my pick.

#98 11 years ago

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

CV and TOTAN hands down bar none better.

+1 Right on point

#100 11 years ago

One of my favorites that wasn't mentioned is Fire! Beautiful artwork, and visual effects with the fire cylinders. I also think that Blackwater 100 is extremely nice to look at. Not necessarily because of the artwork, but because of all the shaped ramps.

I also would have to add Centaur, Fathom, Medusa, Paragon, TOTAN, BBB.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-aesthetically-pleasing-pins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.