Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150808_183516.jpg
20130421_124818.jpg
20130421_124833.jpg
big-daddy.jpg
BigDaddy.jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

I am missing drop targets and fancy looking into pins that are fun, addictive, with a ton of drop targets.

Any ideas, anyone?

#2 12 years ago

Paragon

Defender has a buttload of drops if you can find one.

#3 12 years ago

World Poker Tour. 16 drops.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

World Poker Tour. 16 drops.

+1 on that. Even though most seem to hate that pin I actually thought it was a fun pin. WPT in good working order can be found for pretty cheap now days.

#5 12 years ago

Fathom. Four banks, two of them protecting captive balls which have to be hit either directly or remotely from the third bank to release for multiball. The fourth is a sequence bank for extra ball awards.

#6 12 years ago

Joker Poker has got a nice array that keeps me coming back for more.

I'd love to get my hands on a Canada Dry. I played it at PHoF and the game play plus the art is a winning combo.

#7 12 years ago

Meteor has a nice set. Meteor can be found at a reasonable price too.

#8 12 years ago

Bally Spectrum....

#9 12 years ago

I love my Flash which has 8 drop targets...owned for 2 years not even close to bored with it.

#10 12 years ago

Flash has great drop targets. Plus you get the cool flash lights that go off when you complete a set.

#11 12 years ago

Black Knight has 4 drop target banks with 3 targets in each. If you complete both banks on one level three times you light the extra-ball shot which is tons of fun. It is a little challenging as well since the targets timed and pop back up after 5-10 seconds.

Mata Hari, has 2 banks with four targets in each. You get 50,000 for completing them once and an extra ball if you complete them twice without draining. Back handing the targets helps saves you from draining SDTM and is a bunch fun.

Those are my favorites cause they are both in my basement.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

I love my Flash which has 8 drop targets...owned for 2 years not even close to bored with it.

Yeah, 8 targets isn't the most out there, but they are some of the most challenging. This game will teach you to nudge.

#13 12 years ago

Skateball, Mystic, Eight Ball Deluxe, Target Alpha

#14 12 years ago

Some of the old Sterns like Lightning (15 drops) and Iron Maiden are great. Its not just the fact they are there but the way they are integrated into the rules.

#15 12 years ago

Black Hole has sixteen drop targets.

#16 12 years ago

Skateball, cause it's in my garage 11 drops, and some of the best colors/artwork of all time IMO Especially being a former skateboarder myself, and I still snowboard...so the theme rules

#17 12 years ago

If you're open to EM's , check out Dimension - 20 drop targets, 10 on each side.

#18 12 years ago

Countdown. So addictive it's the first pin I picked up. Great memories playing this at the 7-11.

#19 12 years ago

A couple really good ones are Jacks Open (note, NOT Jacks to Open) and 2001 (if you like short flipper games). 2001 has four five-banks I think.

For moderns, yeah, WPT is one of the best. I agree, fun enough game and not deserving of all the negative press.

#20 12 years ago

Meteor, just bought one, actually!

#21 12 years ago

Countdown! 16 drops. Very simple rules and concept yet highly addictive.

#22 12 years ago

+1 on the Meteor. It is pretty fast and has a bunch of them. I also like the ruleset on them where you have to keep the three banks with the same number of hits. Kinda challenging with the ball bouncing everywhere.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

TomGWI said:World Poker Tour. 16 drops.

+1 on that. Even though most seem to hate that pin I actually thought it was a fun pin. WPT in good working order can be found for pretty cheap now days.

+2.......Very underrated Steve Ritchie game. Deep ruleset & some fun multiball modes that tie in with the Drops. I'd have kept mine if had more room.

#24 12 years ago

I grew up with a 1973 Gottlieb Kingpin. It has 10 drop targets right in the center of the PF. There are some good picks on IPDB.

It is a pretty neat bowling theme. A rollover switch in the center of the PF moves the lighted target.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1374

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Countdown. So addictive it's the first pin I picked up. Great memories playing this at the 7-11.

Agreed. Countdown is a great game.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

+1 on the Meteor. It is pretty fast and has a bunch of them. I also like the ruleset on them where you have to keep the three banks with the same number of hits. Kinda challenging with the ball bouncing everywhere.

+2 Game is great for drop targets and a challenge to keep all 3 banks in the same # of hits.

3 years later
#27 8 years ago

16 drop targets on 1989 gottleib Hot Shots. Sweet light show when all 16 are knocked down 4 times on same ball.

#28 8 years ago

Catacomb! 12 target and you should hit them to fill the bonus card. On top of that you need to synchronise your shot to light the right one.

#29 8 years ago

Solar Fire and Defender. Good luck finding either one.

#30 8 years ago

Most addictive drop target pin = maverick.
17 drops + 2 standup targets arranged into poker hands, and a fabulous ruleset to integrate them into the game. Case closed.

#31 8 years ago

Centaur

#33 8 years ago

Target Alpha / Solar City

#34 8 years ago

WPT and then everything else!

Not even close when you factor in GREAT rule set done by Keith AND Lyman, mostly Keith

#36 8 years ago

My favorite drop target game only has one and it was one of the first. It is a death shot.

BigDaddy.jpgBigDaddy.jpg

#37 8 years ago

El Dorado. 15 drop targets and chasing the 5000 point shot never gets old.

#38 8 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe
I don't know how many drops it has because that wasn't the question.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Eight Ball Deluxe
I don't know how many drops it has because that wasn't the question.

12 The 1-7 / 9-15 bank, the Eight-ball target, and the four inline multiplier bank.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My favorite drop target game only has one and it was one of the first. It is a death shot.
BigDaddy.jpg

Quality not quantity?

#41 8 years ago

See my collection and Wish List for ideas. I focus on drops and sweepable drops.
(Disregard: Cyclone, Funhouse, High Speed, Firepower (which actually can have 2 banks of drops), TOTAN, and Firepower II.)
-mof

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Quality not quantity?

Exactly!

#43 8 years ago

The drops on QD get the adrenaline pumping every time. I love shooting those horseshoe targets!

#44 8 years ago

Another +1 for Eight Ball Deluxe

I'm also a fan of (and now own) Cue Ball Wizard. You can use a shot off of these to reach the bank shot up top and it's a pretty satisfying shot when you can sweep a few of them with one well placed shot. I know that many Gottlieb Premier games of the early 90s were not that popular, but this is one heck of a game. It's one of the first to really pique my interest with an understandable rule set and those clean bank shots being super fun.

I get the feeling that the two main "themes" that lend themselves to bank targets tend to be pool and cards. Alien Poker has a cool timed drop target bank and WPT, as mentioned before, is actually a pretty satisfying drop target game.

#45 8 years ago

Wonder if he ever got the pin he was looking for since this post was made - 3 years ago!?

#46 8 years ago

You only need 3 drop targets in a pin to make it addicting. T-W-D. More rules in those 3 drops than all the rules of any game mentioned in this thread....except maybe WPT, wtf is going on with those drops!

and before you go and blast me...yes, im exaggerating....well, sorta...not really.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Wonder if he ever got the pin he was looking for since this post was made - 3 years ago!?

LOL, we all got NECRO-PWNT!
-mof

#48 8 years ago

Love the extra points on Atlantis for hitting adjoining drops simultaneously.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I think he found his drop target haven and then some, but has now moved up the ladder to woodrails.

#50 8 years ago

I would have to go with Skateball and Flash Gordon. Fun drops that have a lot to do with high scoring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 90.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-addictive-drop-target-pins/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.