Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
yx0gv.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
804851C5-AE54-44B7-A971-8BA6492F105B (resized).jpeg
A220E499-8CCC-4307-B0DA-8E8CD374B226 (resized).jpeg
0CB0B2DD-1726-41AD-A4A6-2B66358AC5E3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You must have never had an issue with a NIB game from Stern…if you had you would realize the value of distributors. Stern’s warranty and customer service is mediocre at best. Further, if you attended shows you would appreciate that it is usually dealers and not Stern that show up with games for you to play…Stern’s support for shows is horrendous with a couple exceptions…
I could go on and on. Dealers are the sales force, calling them obsolete and wanting Stern to screw them over is a bit of an odd perspective.
People like this Moss fellow need to be dealt with though…by Stern. I hope OP has notified Stern of the situation.

One of the main issues that impacts us little guys is with getting a hot LE title through a Stern distributor. It's pretty much impossible at this point, you need an already established relationship with a distro and be on the "list". I just wish Stern would sell a percentage of them on their website and when a hot title comes out the first to their keyboard wins, seems more fair for us people that aren't ever going to get one through a distro. The way Spooky does it is perfect.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Spooky has nothing short of elite and incredible customer service. If you have an issue with a Spooky game Charlie stands behind his product 100% and his family will work with you and get you squared away. Heck, if you have a problem with TNA and Scott Danesi himself will try and help you…try getting help from John Borg if your X-Men nightcrawlers stop working…even the idea of that is absurd. Spooky’s model works because Spooky is Spooky.
Stern is simply not that way, their culture is to do as little for you as possible unless your distributor backs you. You aren’t a customer of Stern’s when you buy a game, their distributors are their customers. Look at how screwed all the JJP GnR owners are that bought direct from JJP and had playfield issues? The ones that bought through distributors at least had a chance of getting something beyond a washer.

So, this is a good point but it is also a very recent development with demand crushing supply. It will balance out in a year or so, once the market isn’t so lopsided. Mando was also a super hot title that hit at peak industry demand during a shortage…it’s instant sell out was a guaranteed event. Metallica was very similar with the instant sell out and not being able to get a game unless you had an inside track but the very next game (Star Trek) was available NIB for six months.
Killing the distribution network for “fairness” just means everyone will suffer equally. Stern doesn’t want it anyway, they want their distributors calling their contacts and selling product for them, Stern isn’t going to want to bring a sales team in house…they could never replicate the relationships their distributors have with their customers.

Yea, just saying you have to look at it also from the little guys perspective. I don't buy many NIB games but I'm worried that if some title comes out on my short list of MUST HAVE themes then I'll be locked out from getting an LE. The current reality is that I will be locked out from an LE, but I don't lose too much sleep over it because my dream themes will probably never get made except for Matrix maybe someday. If any company does any Star Trek game again I would like a chance at an LE of that for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

9,900 (Firm)
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moss-distributing-selling-paid-for-pins-on-pinside?tu=pcprogrammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.